Why dont Jets have Throwback or Alternate Jersey?

Shea Jet

On August 6, 2016 at 7:03 PM, neckdemon said:

i liked the titans jersey. if you ask me those kelly green jerseys were ugly

Weren't we undefeated with the Titans uniforms? I couldn't careless what jerseys we have on game day, as long as we win! 

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Weren't we undefeated with the Titans uniforms? I couldn't careless what jerseys we have on game day, as long as we win! 

No.  

2007: lost to Philly, beat Miami

2008: beat Arizona, beat Cincy

2009: beat Oakland(white), lost to Miami(white), beat Tennessee

2010: 

2011: beat jax

we have a good record but not undefeated.  this list is off memory so I may have missed a game or two.

At least once or twice a year someone brings up the topic of alternate jerseys. People yea or nay the ideas that come up, then the thread dies.

I have a theory:  Those that grew up watching the Jets wear a certain jersey become attached to that jersey. I started watching the Jets in 1981. Sack Exchange, anyone?

I would not mind if the Jets wore the jerseys from that era once in a blue moon. It could not possibly suck any more than the Titans jerseys.

I also think the metallic green on the helmets they tried last year with the "rush colors" was actually a nice change of pace.

On a slightly related topic:

Anyone know if it's possible to purchase a Jets cap like the one Bowles and Forte wore recently?  It's black with the green Jets logo from the 80's.

Peace out.

On 8/6/2016 at 7:42 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

The color rush jerseys would have been dope with the classic white on the sleeves. I wish the Jets would use that shade on their regular jerseys. This hunter green sh*t is too Sunday dad golfish.

IMG_20151114_175202.jpg

If we were EVER to change our classic look I would LOVE something like this.

43 minutes ago, pfilippone said:

At least once or twice a year someone brings up the topic of alternate jerseys. People yea or nay the ideas that come up, then the thread dies.

I have a theory:  Those that grew up watching the Jets wear a certain jersey become attached to that jersey. I started watching the Jets in 1981. Sack Exchange, anyone?

I would not mind if the Jets wore the jerseys from that era once in a blue moon. It could not possibly suck any more than the Titans jerseys.

I also think the metallic green on the helmets they tried last year with the "rush colors" was actually a nice change of pace.

On a slightly related topic:

Anyone know if it's possible to purchase a Jets cap like the one Bowles and Forte wore recently?  It's black with the green Jets logo from the 80's.

Peace out.

I saw those, liked them too. Searched for them as well, if you look closely at them there are numbers embroidered behind the logo, so my guess is they're training camp hats for the players. Would also guess that they'll be releasing something similar eventually, Mitchell and Ness used to make a similar one which I lost somewhere along the line.

Kelly Green is just God Awful!

I saw a picture of myself in one of those old shiny Kelly Green winter jackets with the 80s Logo across the front. I just laughed, it was so f*cking ugly. The 80s logo & color was the worst.

Was pumped when Parcells reintroduced the old logo. The uniforms are fine, they just keep letting Nike ruin them with sweaty kangaroo pouches & different shades & mesh and JUST STOP!!!

Now the 80s whites with the bolder stripe on the leg with todays helmet would be pretty sweet! They always OVERDESIGN sh*t.

8 hours ago, slats said:

I strongly prefer those old Patriots uniforms, but those original Buc unis were gayer than the mod lounge. Not a fan of most of the modern uniforms, especially those with multi-colored jerseys. I think the Ravens did it right, they have a classic look with a modern touch. 

I hated the Jets' uniforms in the 80's, and was glad when Parcells brought back the classic style. The opposite color sleeve/number is really sharp. The classic (and revamped classic) logo is much nicer than the 80's logo. The black trim of the Coslet-Kotite years give me night sweats. If the Jets wanted to bring back the Kelly green, I wouldn't complain. 

I like the Titans throwbacks, but I think the best throwbacks are the ugliest throwbacks. I just think they're the most fun. The stuff the Steelers and Bears drag out is awesome. 

Our current uniforms with kelly green and maybe a gray facemask would look pretty sharp imo. Not much of a change, but the Colts have made slight tweaks like this. And our uniforms are pretty similar to begin with.

33 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Kelly Green is just God Awful!

I saw a picture of myself in one of those old shiny Kelly Green winter jackets with the 80s Logo across the front. I just laughed, it was so f*cking ugly. The 80s logo & color was the worst.

Was pumped when Parcells reintroduced the old logo. The uniforms are fine, they just keep letting Nike ruin them with sweaty kangaroo pouches & different shades & mesh and JUST STOP!!!

Now the 80s whites with the bolder stripe on the leg with todays helmet would be pretty sweet! They always OVERDESIGN sh*t.

I am with you on kelly green, I see it and I just see losing but I love the 80s uni's.  in some years they were darker than others, the 80s uni's w/ the darker green would be perfect,

this one looks great

480971101-buffalo-bills-v-new-york-jets.

this one not so much:

235838-oct-1995-new-york-jets-defensive-

Archived