JAC Observations

KRL

15 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

This. 

Anyone that watched both Geno and petty play last night and think Geno was better are nuts.   Two more games like last night and we will be rid of Geno

I'd love to see Petty get the 2nd reps after Fitz with the 1st backups. 1st he gets to play with better offensive players & 2nd play vs tougher defenders. That's more realistic for judging. Petty might bomb & Geno might throw 4 TDs vs 3rd stringers & future UPS drivers, you never know how it ends up all things being equal.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'd love to see Petty get the 2nd reps after Fitz with the 1st backups. 1st he gets to play with better offensive players & 2nd play vs tougher defenders. That's more realistic for judging. Petty might bomb & Geno might throw 4 TDs vs 3rd stringers & future UPS drivers, you never know how it ends up all things being equal.

I agree with this completely. 

Game two have petty run with the twos. Then game three have Geno back with the twos as his last chance to show he better.  

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Milliner's ball skills concern me more than anything.  He loses the ball 

teams will be picking on him the entire season he might be worse than Kyle Wilson

...Milliner was near the opposing WRs and actually attempted to tackle him how could you make a claim he is worse than Kyle Wilson. He got beat bad by two pretty well thrown back shoulder passes which are pretty hard to cover against but I thought his coverage was actually pretty good he just wasn't able to knock the ball down. Not long ago you were claiming that Robinson was the best WR in the NFL...so any CB who has a difficult time covering him now is a bust?

I hate Dee Milliner more than anyone. I think he's one of the most injury prone players ever, but I don't think he played horrible. Allen Robinson is probably a Top 5 receiver and Dee had good position almost every single time. 

He has a roster spot on this team whether you like it or not. 

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I actually thought from a skill standpoint Petty was the best looking QB on both sides. Still needs development, but as good as Marshall, Peake and Davis played it is not Decker B. Marshall and Enunwa. Fitz was terrible buy managed to to hit a wide open Enunwa twice. Geno looked indecisive and seemed to take just a split longer than he should for each pass.

Fitz 3 for 4...horrible 2 series

Good analysis. However, unless you didn't watch in 2009 and 2010, you have seen someone since Leon make big returns in STs in Brad Smith (at least on KOs.....Leon wasn't good at punts either though).

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

D-fence

Jenkins...I like the pick and definitely has promise but so far he is what he is..a rookie who lost the ball too many times

Mauldin...not convinced he will start would like to see what Catapano can do when healthy (even tho they have him on the other side)

Bishop...I did not see him beat the 2nd and 3rd string tackles...not a good sign

Montez....Pryor better watch out

Burress...gonna be good..will probably see a lot of playing time in 2nd half of year if not sooner

Milliner...eh give him another chance...what choice do we have

Richardson....did he play?  Saw him make tackle downfield...can we get some upfield?

Williams.....I'd wash his balls ...nuff said

Buster....stick to nickel

Marcus.....not #2 material....hopefully he plays better as I had high hopes for him even when Rex was still here

Leee......potential...I hope

Harris....just don't get hurt we need you more than ever now

the rest were ...ehh

On 8/12/2016 at 8:29 AM, KRL said:

General

- Very clean game with only two penalties and no turnovers

- Good to see the rookies (Jordan Jenkins, Darron Lee, Jalin Marshall, Doug Middleton,
Juston Burris & Charone Peake) take their camp performances into a game

- Last year when the #1's went out you saw a noticeable dip in performance.  Good to see that
wasn't the case this year

- JAC has a lot of "name" talent, will be a sexy pick to make the playoffs and people
will love them in fantasy football.  But there's something about Bradley as a HC that
I just don't like.  He's never won more than five games and 15 penalties in your first
game is not a good start to the season

Special Teams

- Lachlan Edwards consistently "flipped" the field with his punts.  And it was good to
see him in an end of game situation where he had to get a good punt off to pin the offense
back

- Bye Ross Martin, it was nice having you in camp.  You can't shank a 39 yarder and come 
up 5 yards short on a 54 yarder

- Big returns from Jeremy Ross and Marshall, haven't seen that since the Leon Washington days

Defense

- Sloppy tackling that prevented big losses and led to big JAC gains

- Leaky run defense

- Good job Shelby Harris (2 sacks).  Can you continue that performance?

Agreed.

Archived