Dexter McDougle, Ronald Martin, Dominique Williams & Raheem Mostert to the P.S.

ARodJetsFan

The Jets have added CB Dexter McDougleicon-article-link.gif , S Ronald Martinicon-article-link.gif , RB Dominique Williamsicon-article-link.gif and RB Raheem Mosterticon-article-link.gif to their practice squad. The first three players spent the preseason with the Jets while Mostert was with the Browns this offseason and preseason. All were waived Sept. 4.

Also, TE Brian Parkericon-article-link.gif , acquired on waivers from Kansas City on Sunday, has been waived/failed physical.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-9/Two-DBs-Two-RBs-Signed-to-Practice-Squad/b1196b55-237c-4944-8bd7-bfa65edfb33e

I'm REALLY surprised HOW McDougle has LASTED SO LONG considering he's played about 3 games TOTAL now entering his 3rd year. I recall the INTANGIBLES was his REAL strength, and it MUST BE what's keeping him on the squad, because I certainly can't cite what his strengths are when PLAYING on the field.

His addition is in STARK CONTRAST to EVERYTHING Bowles has preached about being AVAILABLE to PLAY. :blink:

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm REALLY surprised HOW McDougle has LASTED SO LONG considering he's played about 3 games TOTAL now entering his 3rd year. I recall the INTANGIBLES was his REAL strength, and it MUST BE what's keeping him on the squad, because I certainly can't cite what his strengths are when PLAYING on the field.

His addition is in STARK CONTRAST to EVERYTHING Bowles has preached about being AVAILABLE to PLAY. :blink:

I dunno, the CB landscape seems pretty barren and the Jets are top-heavy as is. Makes sense to keep a guy within arm's length that knows the playbook that can step in on a moment's notice. 

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

There is a big difference between being a 3rd round draft pick on the 53 man roster and then being cut and signed to the practice squad.

I wouldn't exactly call that a ringing endorsement from Bowles.

I think the thing about McDougle is he has physical ability but the reason he was drafted (but too high) was he was known as a good leader on the Terps. Unfortunately he's been injured most of the time with the Jets. We'll see if he ever has an NFL career but at least Bowles seems to think he still has potential. He basically said the same about Milliner and the decision to cut him was based on not being able to get on the field. I love front running fans who scream bloody murder against a player saying the guy is worthless because he is injured. I guess you could blame Khiry Robinson for this too. 

Archived