Bowles the silent Rex?

kevinc855

I have to say I was always a fan of Todd Bowles. He seemed like the quiet leader the Jets needed after the dumpster fire 4-12 Rex circus season. However last year he made many questionable decisions when it came to clock management and game time adjustments. Now in season 2 he seems completely lost in making any type of adjustments for his inept secondary and continues to stand by a quarter back as blindly as Rex did with geno smith. I'm starting to wonder if Todd is the quiet version of Rex. What that means is a guy who is a great DC but in over his head when it comes to being a HC.

The waste of time outs was 100% unacceptable. And I'm getting a bit tired of hiring pigeon-holed defensive coaches who get to claim plausible deniability with anything offense simply because they are incapable of getting their hands into things, thus we're stuck scapegoating coordinators.

BR is correct. Successful coaches stay around bc of good QBs. Only great coaches like BB can be successful without a good QB, and he's the best that I've ever seen. Unless Bowles and Mac find a QB, it's onto the next. Just how the NFL is now: you either have a QB and watching playoff football, or you're hoping to land the next Kizer or Watson. 

1 minute ago, darook said:

You have a point.  Lack of clock mgmt, horrible decision on the review today, D has regressed significantly, no in-game adjustments on either side.  Just no wig,stupid tattoo, or foot fetish.     

This is the part that concerns me the most. He seems very stubborn in his ways/gameplan. I don't care if you prepared for X, if they are doing Y over and over you  MUST adjust to Y. He doesn't. I am not ready to fire him, but he needs to get his sh!t together. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is the part that concerns me the most. He seems very stubborn in his ways/gameplan. I don't care if you prepared for X, if they are doing Y over and over you  MUST adjust to Y. He doesn't. I am not ready to fire him, but he needs to get his sh!t together. 

Oh look another WR screen

Archived