Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Eh, there is literally one and only one area that the Knicks have done legitimately well in for the past few years and that's with foreign players. At this time last year we were told that the only reason we signed Kuz was because KP needed a companion goat. Turns out the kid can ball. If there is one ******* place the Phil-Knicks have earned some trust it's with their scouting of foreign players.

Also worth noting: France has had a nice little run of players produced the past 10-15 years. NC State? Not so much.

lol saw this reply after I posted mine!

Thats the thing, I actually am starting to get behind the Knicks "Euro Process."  Phil has found players in the draft, you have to give him that.  Phil gives one of his few interviews of the year to try to trade KP?????? Classic Phil Jackson mind games....its what made him the legend he is today, I don't mind him bringing KP down a peg to motivate him 4000 miles away

• Upvote 1

On Ntilikina, we can't sleep on the measurables and age.  He's younger, taller and longer than Monk and Smith.

Smith is a ball dominant PG with decent size for the position (6'3", >200lb) but so-so length (6'4" wingspan).  He also had previously tore his ACL.

Frankly, Monk doesn't have a position in the NBA.  He's a small SG (6'3" <200lb) and bad length for the 2 (6'3" wingspan).  His NBA upside is JJ Reddick.

Ntilikina can certainly bust because he's a true prospect, but when he grows out (he's already 6'5" >200lb) with a ridiculous wingspan (7') he could play the 1, 2 and 3.  He also has a nice shot on his jumper.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, SMC said:

On Ntilikina, we can't sleep on the measurables and age.  He's younger, taller and longer than Monk and Smith.

Smith is a ball dominant PG with decent size for the position (6'3", >200lb) but so-so length (6'4" wingspan).  He also had previously tore his ACL.

Frankly, Monk doesn't have a position in the NBA.  He's a small SG (6'3" <200lb) and bad length for the 2 (6'3" wingspan).  His NBA upside is JJ Reddick.

Ntilikina can certainly bust because he's a true prospect, but when he grows out (he's already 6'5" >200lb) with a ridiculous wingspan (7') he could play the 1, 2 and 3.  He also has a nice shot on his jumper.

Monk has a position...it's called fill up the bucket. ;-)

This is no different than when they draft :Porzingis.  I knew nothing about him just like this kid.  I just watched Malik Monk a lot and he's a freak athlete who can fill it up!  When he's on...dude is unconscious and can get his shot off a lot of ways.  

You cant deny the prospect and how that league has produced in the NBA, I just know nothing about him. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I'm just gonna call him by his first name, Frank, moving forward

Me too, but I like the fact that I learned to spell Ntilikina without have to look it up anymore.  Like I learned how to pronounce the Greek Freak's last name so I always refer to him by his last name and my friends look at me weird.

• Upvote 2

On 6/23/2017 at 8:50 AM, JiF said:

Monk has a position...it's called fill up the bucket. ;-)

This is no different than when they draft :Porzingis.  I knew nothing about him just like this kid.  I just watched Malik Monk a lot and he's a freak athlete who can fill it up!  When he's on...dude is unconscious and can get his shot off a lot of ways.  

You cant deny the prospect and how that league has produced in the NBA, I just know nothing about him. 

this sounds waaay too much like mello's game....disappears a lot but when he is on its ON!!!

On June 25, 2017 at 0:24 PM, jetspenguin said:

this sounds waaay too much like mello's game....disappears a lot but when he is on its ON!!!

A PG or point forward with long arms who is athletic is so valuable in today's NBA.  It disrupts offenses When was the last time the Knicks had a PG who did that?  

On 6/25/2017 at 1:24 PM, jetspenguin said:

1 hour ago, thadude said:

A PG or point forward with long arms who is athletic is so valuable in today's NBA.  It disrupts offenses When was the last time the Knicks had a PG who did that?  

I think you guys are cross-speaking here.  Thadude, you were originally talking about Monk while Jetspenguin was also talking about Monk, but then you (Thadude) switched to Ntilikina, which Jetspenguin wasn't talking about.

Ntilikina has the long arms and may grow to SF size as a PG.  Monk has T-Rex arms at 6'3".  He's a scorer and nothing else.

15 hours ago, SMC said:

I think you guys are cross-speaking here.  Thadude, you were originally talking about Monk while Jetspenguin was also talking about Monk, but then you (Thadude) switched to Ntilikina, which Jetspenguin wasn't talking about.

Ntilikina has the long arms and may grow to SF size as a PG.  Monk has T-Rex arms at 6'3".  He's a scorer and nothing else.

I've been pushing Nkitilina since before day 1.  

56 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Dolan firing Phil. LMAO. What an utter joke this franchise is. 

Figures.  Now that Phil put together a talented young core (KP, Nktilina, Hernangomez, Kuzminskas) Dolan is bringing back Isiah.

How many days before dumbass Isiah trades Porzingis for Kevin Love? 10?

16 hours ago, SMC said:

absolutely correct

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, thadude said:

Figures.  Now that Phil put together a talented young core (KP, Nktilina, Hernangomez, Kuzminskas) Dolan is bringing back Isiah.

How many days before dumbass Isiah trades Porzingis for Kevin Love? 10?

I know you're joking, but the reports are that Dolan loves KP and sees him as his cashcow for the next 15 yrs.  This was more about Melo/KP vs. Phil, and Phil lost.

9 minutes ago, SMC said:

I know you're joking, but the reports are that Dolan loves KP and sees him as his cashcow for the next 15 yrs.  This was more about Melo/KP vs. Phil, and Phil lost.

Just make Melo GM. It's basically what this is.

2 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

I'm so glad we drafted guys who "fit the triangle"

They'll get dealt soon. WHG and French guy probably wont be on the team. Now that Phil is gone all the good free agents will come here anyways. Everything has been solved with Phil getting fired.

Jackson publicly and privately expressed confidence in his vision for the club after this season, which included building a roster around Porzingis, Ntilikina and Willy Hernangomez while filling the roster with veterans who could fit into his system and contribute on both sides of the ball.

We clearly cant have any of that here. Gotta get Melo buckets! Allan Houston for GM!!!