Bowles is simply ****ing clueless

nico002

37 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

How good is his kicker? Does he make most of his kicks from that range? There is conservative and there is stupid

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And pederson is both.. eagles kicker nailed 55 fg to end 1st half.. we are talking about kicking in a dam dome.. Back to dumb decision to punt, eagles had the ball on the 30. But that idiot called for a too cute behind the scrimmage pass for a 6 yard loss before punting.. How many games did our D lose with Rex and his " prevent d " ?

2 hours ago, Shadetree said:

I don't think we should be calling for Bowles' head.

i think we should upgrade the talent on D.

too many teams go through too many coaches. I prefer we ride out the growing pains and build the talent base. 

Im sick of the merry-go-round at HC

There's a workable plan in place here . There's a transition in place for the OC that creates continuity on offense .

I think a lot of people are overreacting with Bowles. He's made some real bad decisions, (punt vs Pitt, not going for 2 against Buff, some bad clock management) but this whole idea that he's clueless and can't adjust is overblown.

His schemes and gameplans seem fine when his DLINE actually collapses the pocket, offense seems fine when OLINE actually run blocks. That's it. That's exactly what its been in 2015-2016. 

We don't have a franchise quarterback to mask problems like the top teams do. Our roster is also filled with players who are either too young before their prime or too old and past it. Tough to win games with that kind of roster.

Bowles hasn't proven he's an elite coach yet obviously and he hasn't done enough to be fired yet.

4 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

Nope I didn't, just think he deserves another shot at a HC job, not all HC's nail it their first time around. At least he has some HC experience.

He deserves nothing, he was horrid and his team was undisciplined.  

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

There isn't a head coach worth his salt that's going to give anything away in regards to adjustments.  Even if this is true (I doubt it is), then kudos to the coach for slapping his players in the f*cking face at half for the first time in this franchises history.  We were 0-69 when trailing by 17 or more at halftime.  Whatever he did made them realize that you can't wake up, half ass it, and expect to win; even if it's against a winless team.

I agree. The thing with adjustments is - if they say they made them, it admits the coaches hadn't planned it well enough in the first half. If they say they didn't make them, it leaves the implication that it was execution and effort, not game planning, that was the issue. 

They certainly seemed to defend Pryor much differently in the second half ... but if they say they changed it because the original plan wasn't working, it puts the fault on the coach who came up with the original plan.

Archived