Woody caption contest

FlaJetsFan

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I attended last years Thursday Night Football Bills game sat row 1 LL in the end zone there were drunken loud mouth Bills fans all around me. They were disrespectful and even wouldn't shut up during the National Anthem. Nothing has changed and nothing will change anytime soon until MetLife deals with the problems starting in the parking lots and at the beer concession stands. Want peace and relaxation without drunks and loudmouths try the opera it certainly wont happen at a football game. 

joewilly12 

We were talking about season ticket holders, not fly-by-night Stubhubbers.  Because you aren't a season ticket holder or PSL owner, you wind up in scattered locations with the other nomads.

The vast majority of season ticket holders are not into drinking, your typical 35-55 year old Jets fan is a dad born of the generation that didn't drink heavily, doesn't think it's cool.  Stubhubbers buying last minute cheap tickets tend to be college students without girlfriends, they are the one slim demographic that still thinks public drunkenness is acceptable.

SAR I

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We were talking about season ticket holders, not fly-by-night Stubhubbers.  Because you aren't a season ticket holder or PSL owner, you wind up in scattered locations with the other nomads.

The vast majority of season ticket holders are not into drinking, your typical 35-55 year old Jets fan is a dad born of the generation that didn't drink heavily, doesn't think it's cool.  Stubhubbers buying last minute cheap tickets tend to be college students without girlfriends, they are the one slim demographic that still thinks public drunkenness is acceptable.

SAR I

SAR 1...   I better not see any tickets for our reality Jets AFC championship game on StubHub. LOL. Enjoy the game today.

22 hours ago, FlaJetsFan said:

Drunks aside, let's look at actual attendance numbers.

Shea had a seating capacity of 60,372 for NFL games.

Metlife Stadium has a capacity of 82,500.

In the last 4 years, attendance at MefLife has officially remained fairly consistent

2012 - 4th in the league - 95.9% capacity

2013 - 4th - 93.3%

2014 - 2nd - 94.7%

2015 - 21st - 94.7%

the drop in 2015 ranking has to do with oversubcribed stadiums and other anomalous issues that i have no interest in researching at this time

however the above stats do not account for no shows

The drop in 2015?  I think you hit the wrong sort option on the ESPN attendance page.

Not sure why you're bending the statistics.  Percentage of seats sold means nothing when you have a stadium you deliberately built larger than your fanbase traditionally supported giving you room to grow and for the multi-purpose events the stadium is intended to host like concerts, soccer games, Super Bowl's, etc.

62,000 = Shea average attendance
76,500 = Giants Stadium average attendance
78,000 = MetLife Stadium average attendance

You are trying to support a thesis that says "Jets fans hated the 1983 move to New Jersey and Jets fans hated the 2010 PSL's" and nothing could be further from the truth.  There were no public outbursts for any of the moves, there was no falloff of attendance, there were no fan demonstrations, and look at the growth in ticket sales and attendance, quite self-evident.

More Jets fans than ever before watching a team that has been in a freefall since 2010, 16,000 more people watching Mark Buttfumble than Broadway Joe, we are #4 in the NFL and #1 in the AFC in attendance.  If you want to take shots at the Jets and their fanbase, find another subject.  Commitment and attendance aren't on the list of disappointments.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yes I too am talking about season ticket holders who own PSL's and sell out games because of weather, win loss record, game time (Thursday Night Football) who just arent as committed as most.  

It seems the PSL's has caused a huge market for tickets to Jets games more so than when there weren't any PSL's like in the old Giants stadium. 

Most fans where I sat attended every game regardless of weather, time or win loss record I remember the Pittsburgh snow game and the Monday nIght miracle how we were all glad we stayed until the end.

PSL's has caused in influx of corporate attendees who wear nothing Jets related spend most of the game on their cell phone and cant decide between merlot or pinot you know the type docker wearing argyle wearing hush puppies wearing fools that look they are going out sailing or playing croquet. 

The new and improved crowd forced Fireman Ed out because they are too busy taking selfies to cheer for the team. 

So tell me how good is the new crowd how dedicated are they. How committed are they. Sending the team money doesn't mean you are committed. 

Im ok being scattered out all over the stadium it works for me I get to see the entire stadium and meet other fans. 

The vast majority of the fans in the seats not the season ticket holders arent even in the seats in most cases. 

Stubhub is your friend dont you sell out games?  

Wasnt there a picture of you cheering on the Gate D spirals that was posted in this very forum. 

joewilly12

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

SAR 1...   I better not see any tickets for our reality Jets AFC championship game on StubHub. LOL. Enjoy the game today.

I need to reach out to the Jets to see if they will allow us to run an AFC Championship Game Virtual Reality Experience Show® at MetLife first.  I hope they support the idea.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

I need to reach out to the Jets to see if they will allow us to run an AFC Championship Game Virtual Reality Experience Show® at MetLife first.  I hope they support the idea.

SAR I

PSL owners of course would get first dibs on tickets lets see how many would really participate. 

12 hours ago, gEYno said:

I love when old folks talk about my generation like they get it... You couldn't be more wrong here.

That our generation is renting more than owning has little to nothing to do with commitment and responsibility.  It has to do with the current financial climate and the fact that there really aren't the same advantages to ownership that there were when you were 30.

Here's a quick exercise in this:

I currently rent in Manhattan from a condo owner.  The apartment I am in is conservatively worth 1.3M today.  Now, if I were to buy it, I would have tie up a minimum of 130K that I could be getting ~7% on at index otherwise.  After that, assuming 10% down, my monthly payment, including taxes and fees and a 4% APR 30-year-mortgage, would be roughly 175% of my monthly rent.  To make that a real number, I'm saving about 3K a month by not owning my place and still have my 130K working for me.  Now, my yearly landscaping is $0.  My yearly snow removal is $0.  My estimated depreciation is $0.  When my oven door broke a few months ago, it cost me $0.  When my microwave crapped out a month ago, it cost me a $7 cab ride to pick up a new one.  Back to that 30 years... I will have paid an additional $840,000 in interest on my loan.  Assuming an average of 7% return, my 130K could will be worth just under 1M.  Now, please, tell me about how I'm not building any equity.......

Awesome job.

Lifestyle priorities between Baby Boomer's, Gen X, and Millennials are enormous, the housing market, luxury goods, entertainment options, vacations, all these industries are being turned upside down.

SAR I

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Your generation is noncommittal you may be the exception. The younger generation will not tie up money in PSL's. The job market is very bleak for many.  Friends of my sons with 4 year college degrees and student loans are working to make ends meet in jobs that arent even related to their degrees most not all are living with parents. 

Renting an apartment, condo or house is a waste of money you get 0 tax deductions and you are putting money in someone else pocket. 

Buy a house or condo,townhouse build equity get the tax deductions you will never lose on real estate. 

Do you own PSL's?

Noncommittal and unable to afford it is a different story.  Your son's friends are smart not to be buying PSLs or other luxury items right now, they can't afford it.  That's not about commitment, that's about making a prudent financial decision.  When your son's friends are 35+, hopefully they will be in a different financial place.  Then they may buy PSLs or other similar commitments.  Until that time, they'll hopefully continue to make wise financial decisions, unlike the ones made by older generations who took mortgages they couldn't afford and nuked the housing market almost a decade ago.

As for wasting money... Your "buy don't rent" mantra does not consider all of the financial complexities.  The most obvious one is that my proposed 1.3M apartment will actually cost me well over 2M over 30 years, and I will not have earned my 1M from investing my down payment instead of tying it up.  Instead, my home is a utility that costs me under 50K a year with $0 in surprise costs and $0 in depreciation.  Further, renting also improves our quality of life because I need to pay monthly 175% of what I'm paying, or put another way, I have an extra 3K in my pocket per month (a large chunk of my yearly rent, actually).  But, looked at another, more realistic way, by renting, people of my generation, and in my position, with the numerical differentiation I've pointed out, can afford a nice 2 bedroom in the city but could typically only own a small 1 bedroom.  That matters a lot.  And plenty of people lose on real estate, in fact, many lose everything, as happened less than a decade ago.

As for PSLs, no, I do not own one.  So, I assume you'll declare some kind of victory in your point.  But, the truth is it's not at all about commitment or responsibility.  It's simply about the fact that I'm not interested in season tickets.  I'd concede that I'm not as good a Jets fan as many here before I concede anything about commitment and responsibility.  Because, today, because of my commitments and responsibilities, I'm fortunate if I can even watch every game in it's entirety on TV.  I have a wife who also works, a young daughter, and lots of friends and family nearby.  Weekends are busy and I can't always carve out 4 hours per week to watch the game, let alone 8 hours when you consider commute to go the game.  I'm much happier to buy tickets when I want to go, and don't care if I pay a premium should we ever host a playoff game.  It's not that PSLs aren't for me, season tickets aren't.  

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes I too am talking about season ticket holders who own PSL's and sell out games because of weather, win loss record, game time (Thursday Night Football) who just arent as committed as most.  

It seems the PSL's has caused a huge market for tickets to Jets games more so than when there weren't any PSL's like in the old Giants stadium. 

Most fans where I sat attended every game regardless of weather, time or win loss record I remember the Pittsburgh snow game and the Monday nIght miracle how we were all glad we stayed until the end.

joewilly12

It wasn't the PSL's that created the Stubhub aftermarket, but rather all the blue collar old timers who gave up their cherry Giants Stadium seats because the days of making money by selling to shady ticket brokers was over.  Apparently it was perfectly fine for them to sell their tickets and make $7,000 a year on the backs of loyal Jets waitlisters, quite a different thing when the Jets asked them to pay $7,000 for a license.  Nah, can't do that.

Stubhub and the internet enabled the situation to exist, quitting disloyal old time Jets season ticket holders opting-out is what took the brokers out of the equation and put control in the hands of the fans.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Noncommittal and unable to afford it is a different story.  Your son's friends are smart not to be buying PSLs or other luxury items right now, they can't afford it.  That's not about commitment, that's about making a prudent financial decision.  When your son's friends are 35+, hopefully they will be in a different financial place.  Then they may buy PSLs or other similar commitments.  Until that time, they'll hopefully continue to make wise financial decisions, unlike the ones made by older generations who took mortgages they couldn't afford and nuked the housing market almost a decade ago.

As for wasting money... Your "buy don't rent" mantra does not consider all of the financial complexities.  The most obvious one is that my proposed 1.3M apartment will actually cost me well over 2M over 30 years, and I will not have earned my 1M from investing my down payment instead of tying it up.  Instead, my home is a utility that costs me under 50K a year with $0 in surprise costs and $0 in depreciation.  Further, renting also improves our quality of life because I need to pay monthly 175% of what I'm paying, or put another way, I have an extra 3K in my pocket per month (a large chunk of my yearly rent, actually).  But, looked at another, more realistic way, by renting, people of my generation, and in my position, with the numerical differentiation I've pointed out, can afford a nice 2 bedroom in the city but could typically only own a small 1 bedroom.  That matters a lot.  And plenty of people lose on real estate, in fact, many lose everything, as happened less than a decade ago.

As for PSLs, no, I do not own one.  So, I assume you'll declare some kind of victory in your point.  But, the truth is it's not at all about commitment or responsibility.  It's simply about the fact that I'm not interested in season tickets.  I'd concede that I'm not as good a Jets fan as many here before I concede anything about commitment and responsibility.  Because, today, because of my commitments and responsibilities, I'm fortunate if I can even watch every game in it's entirety on TV.  I have a wife who also works, a young daughter, and lots of friends and family nearby.  Weekends are busy and I can't always carve out 4 hours per week to watch the game, let alone 8 hours when you consider commute to go the game.  I'm much happier to buy tickets when I want to go, and don't care if I pay a premium should we ever host a playoff game.  It's not that PSLs aren't for me, season tickets aren't.  

Season tickets and PSL's is a big commitment no doubt and financially expensive in the grand scheme of things.  

You seem to be on the right track in life and know what you want. 

Good luck and great post. 

Just now, SAR I said:

It wasn't the PSL's that created the Stubhub aftermarket, but rather all the blue collar old timers who gave up their cherry Giants Stadium seats because the days of making money by selling to shady ticket brokers was over.  Apparently it was perfectly fine for them to sell their tickets and make $7,000 a year on the backs of loyal Jets waitlisters, quite a different thing when the Jets asked them to pay $7,000 for a license.  Nah, can't do that.

Stubhub and the internet enabled the situation to exist, quitting disloyal old time Jets season ticket holders opting-out is what took the brokers out of the equation and put control in the hands of the fans.

SAR I

Stubhub and the internet strives on those with PSL's who arent committed but cherry pick the games they want to attend because they can afford to do so. 

Back in the old stadium you werent allowed to resell season tickets thats a fact. I never sold or made a dime. I donated many tickets in the envelopes that the Jets provided back to the organization. How about you?  

No one gave up on the Jets the organization decided to drain more money from loyal fans who supported the move from Shea who stuck with the team and contributed to a losing effort for years. 

They offered the UD as a peace offering for fans who didnt want to purchase PSL's.  The view sucks id rather sit home. 

The new stadium was all about making money believe me there are way nicer stadiums around the NFL that offer the real fan experience and luxuries of attending a football game. 

There are many who have faulted on PSL's and there are many PSL's for sale no one can deny that including the Jets organization. 

Longtime fans season ticket holders didnt quit on the team they were priced out. 

joewilly12 

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PSL's has caused in influx of corporate attendees who wear nothing Jets related spend most of the game on their cell phone and cant decide between merlot or pinot you know the type docker wearing argyle wearing hush puppies wearing fools that look they are going out sailing or playing croquet. 

The new and improved crowd forced Fireman Ed out because they are too busy taking selfies to cheer for the team. 

So tell me how good is the new crowd how dedicated are they. How committed are they. Sending the team money doesn't mean you are committed.

joewilly12

You need a math lesson, friend.

27,000 = Upper Deck Seats with no PSL
40,000 = PSL Seats with no Sideline view
15,500 = Club Seats with Sideline view

"Corporate attendees" would be those in the Coaches Club and the MetLife Club on the Lower Level, and some on the Mezzanine.  No corporations are buying the common PSL seats that I and the rest of us have, no client would be excited about an endzone corner (me) or pure goalpost view (most).

This myth you perpetuate that PSL's are "only for rich people" is just ridiculous, most PSL's cost $7 or $10 per game, less than the cost of a beer or a hot dog, and the PSL views are not prime at all.  The real rich people are the ones who laid out $10,000 per seat PSL and signed up for a $250 gameday ticket in the Mezzanine Club's.  There are probably only 5,000 of those before the Jets lowered those prices.

What forced Fireman Ed out was that the younger season ticket base (and by that I mean 35-55 year olds) on the waitlist don't value alcohol the way the old base did.  Ed's job was to rabble rouse burping farting Baby Boomers and they left and Ed had no audience.

Again, all your issues are traceable back to one specific group of people that you are a part of:  Old time Giants Stadium season ticket holders who quit on the Jets once the team stopped making the playoffs and they stopped making money from selling to ticket brokers.  That's it.  Simple as that.  What's missing from the stadium is you.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Again, perfectly stated.

I lease my BMW's for the same reason you rent-  our financial advisor doesn't want us to tie up $60,000 cash in a depreciating asset, better to invest that money and pay out the $799 monthly payment as a trickle.

As for PSL's, you've got that right, it's not about a "license", it's about being a season ticket holder or not.  If one cannot go to at least 5 games a year there is no point in being a season ticket holder, the PSL doesn't factor into the decision.  I, like you, have a wife that works and a bunch of kids in activities.  But I deliberately chose a seating location that would be great on resale for the 1-2 games a year I cannot attend either due to business travel, travel soccer tournaments, varsity ice hockey games, etc.  I get the best of both worlds, I get guaranteed admission to the stadium amongst a common group of friends in a common section and I get the ability to sell them on an as-need basis depending on family priorities.

Above all else, it's no one's business to judge how we spend our fun money.  Especially those who don't show up to games.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Stubhub and the internet strives on those with PSL's who arent committed but cherry pick the games they want to attend because they can afford to do so.

joewilly12

I'm on Stubhub every week, there are an average of 8,000 seats up for sale each week.

This pales in comparison to the amount of tickets that old time Giants Stadium fans like you put in the hands of ticket brokers and dirtbag scalpers each week.  "Cherry picking" games?  LOL.  Just remember all those tickets to Kelly's Bills and Marino's Dolphins and Elway's Broncos that you got paid 3X face for and wound up as some enemy fans "cherry pick", friend.

You need to move to another argument; you're not going to win this one.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Longtime fans season ticket holders didnt quit on the team they were priced out. 

joewilly12 

Complete fallacy.

The cheapest PSL's were $2,500.  Over 30 years that's $8.33 a game.  Or if what you mean by "priced out" is that the $125 50 yard line lower level seat they were grandfathered in on by ancestors at Shea Stadium, that's just selfish.  They had the cheapest premium seats in sports for 30 years and when the Jets asked them to pay the real value?  They bailed.

You old timers bailed on the Jets when the playoff runs stopped and the influx of ticket scalper money stopped.  Instead of paying your dues like waitlisters were forced to, you cried like little babies when your cash cow was taken away.  Good riddance.  What's really fun is that you thought that when you pulled out that no one would take your place, that there would be thousands of empty seats, that Woody would be shown your value.  And that isn't what happened.  You were shown the door and the rest of us took your place and no one hears your cries and no one cares about you.  Have fun on the couch or picking up PSL sloppy seconds on Stubhub.  It's what you deserve.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm on Stubhub every week, there are an average of 8,000 seats up for sale each week.

This pales in comparison to the amount of tickets that old time Giants Stadium fans like you put in the hands of ticket brokers and dirtbag scalpers each week.  "Cherry picking" games?  LOL.  Just remember all those tickets to Kelly's Bills and Marino's Dolphins and Elway's Broncos that you got paid 3X face for and wound up as some enemy fans "cherry pick", friend.

You need to move to another argument; you're not going to win this one.

SAR I

I DID NOT SELL ANY GAME TICKETS I gave them to friends and family and usually put all the pre season tickets in the envelope the Jets provided and donated them to the United Way.  

No way in hell scalpers outnumbered internet sales and ticket availability. 

Stubhub,Ticketmaster and Craigslist strives off of PSL holders who are selling out more often than not. 

joewilly12 

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Complete fallacy.

The cheapest PSL's were $2,500.  Over 30 years that's $8.33 a game.  Or if what you mean by "priced out" is that the $125 50 yard line lower level seat they were grandfathered in on by ancestors at Shea Stadium, that's just selfish.  They had the cheapest premium seats in sports for 30 years and when the Jets asked them to pay the real value?  They bailed.

You old timers bailed on the Jets when the playoff runs stopped and the influx of ticket scalper money stopped.  Instead of paying your dues like waitlisters were forced to, you cried like little babies when your cash cow was taken away.  Good riddance.  What's really fun is that you thought that when you pulled out that no one would take your place, that there would be thousands of empty seats, that Woody would be shown your value.  And that isn't what happened.  You were shown the door and the rest of us took your place and no one hears your cries and no one cares about you.  Have fun on the couch.  It's what you deserve.

SAR I

Look at you showing your true colors again............

I have money hear me roar. 

You deserve what you are getting sh*t FOOTBALL at a caviar price. 

Enjoy watching the worst QB in the NFL and paying the price to do so. 

Enjoy the little trinkets you get as a bone from Woody most can be bought on E-bay. 

Funny thing if PSL's and season tickets are such a success why do I get a call every week to come back. 

The new and improved crowd YOU cant even support the J-E-T-S chant. 

No one cares about fair weather fan like yourself who's not in his seats every week regardless of the situation but has an app on his phone to sell those beloved cherished seats because he's so dedicated. LOL 

joewilly12 

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No one gave up on the Jets the organization decided to drain more money from loyal fans who supported the move from Shea who stuck with the team and contributed to a losing effort for years.

joewilly12

Again you need a lesson in math. 

There is no nice way to say this:  The loyal Shea Stadium season ticket holders are all dead now.

If in 1981 the average season ticket holder was between 45-65 years old, they would be 80-100 years old today.  I'm sorry.  It's just simple math.

I think what you are referring to are the children of Shea Stadium season ticket holders and they are the ones who either didn't like the Jets or didn't want to attend games but quickly figured out the re-sale ticket scalper scam.  I personally know one of these, his deceased father and deceased uncles moved from Shea and had over 16 lower level 40 yard line 10th row seats in Giants Stadium and they never attended any games.  But they made about $30,000 a year in tax-free profits by selling them to ticket brokers. 

Besides math, you need a lesson in loyalty. 

SAR I

How’s this for a suggestion for the Jets new sales campaign — trying to entice PSL holders to buy more season tickets:

Plenty Of Good Seats Available

Starting Quarterback TBA: Don’t Worry It Won’t be Geno

Buy Now, Avoid PSLs and Tick Off The Person Sitting Next to You

As Jets Nation breathlessly awaits word from Mike Maccagnan that the nightmare is over and he’s signed Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Jets have gone deep into their marketing playbook trying to fill up their stadium.

When MetLife Stadium opened in 2010, the Jets and Giants infuriated their fans by attaching expensive personal seat licenses to season tickets. The Jets cut the fans in the upper deck a break: No PSLs. The Giants charged a PSL to every seat in the house. The Giants used to clear about 200 fans per year off their season ticket waiting list when they were in Giants Stadium. One year in advance of MetLife opening, they went through their entire 140,000 person waiting list and tickets were still available.

Last week a friend of mine forwarded an email he had just received from the Jets. The subject line: Opportunity to Purchase Additional Seats.

Here’s what it said:

“You’ve asked, we listened!

“Based on the large number of requests we’ve received the past few seasons to purchase additional seats for multiple games, we are now expanding the offering to include the opportunity to buy full season tickets. This is a benefit exclusively for Jets Club and PSL Holders.

“A very limited number of club, lower, and mezzanine level seats will be available for you to purchase on a full season basis for 2016 without having to make a commitment towards an additional personal seat license.”

The offer allows the season ticket holder to purchase up to two additional seats in their price category or lower with no PSLs attached for the 2016 season with no promise the deal will be available for future seasons. But, if this program is a success, why wouldn’t the Jets do it again next year?

Seems like a good deal for both sides: The Jets make inventory available, eliminate the PSLs, giving them a better chance to reduce empty seats, and fans who have already paid the unconscionable premium for the right to buy season tickets, now can add to their stock for this season and bypass the PSLs.

So, what’s the problem?

Did you ever pay $400 for an airplane ticket and find out the guy sitting next to you paid $250? Of course. That also happens at sporting events due to the secondary market.

But in this case, the Jets are selling out their most loyal season ticket holders. How would you feel if you spent the money in 2010 to buy four PSLs and the person next to you bought two. And now that person can get two more tickets without the PSL simply because the market would not support the Jets selling all the PSL seats in the last six years.

The primary disadvantage in the new program is the additional tickets have almost no chance of being next to the original tickets and may not be in the same section. When the Jets were doing this on a game-by-game basis, the tickets could be in a different location each game. Now they will be the same seats for each game.

The Jets offering up extra tickets to fans undercuts those who ponied up for PSLs in 2010.

The Jets offering up extra tickets to fans undercuts those who ponied up for PSLs in 2010.

(JEFF ZELEVANSKY/GETTY IMAGES)

Another friend has four PSLs in the Coaches Club, the lower level area right behind the Jets bench. He paid $25,000 for each PSL. He also pays $700 per game per ticket. That’s $28,000 (8 regular-season and 2 preseason games) every year in addition to the one-time $100,000 cost of the PSLs. Now if the people sitting next to him have two tickets and want to double their season tickets for the 2016 season, they pay the extra $14,000 for the two tickets for the 10 games this season without any PSL charge.

“It’s a sign of desperation on the Jets part. And a total lack of respect,” my friend texted. “While we get the notion that fans are not always treated fairly, this is low rent.”

Of course, nobody forced my friend to buy four season tickets in 2010. But perhaps if he knew that six years later the Jets would be ditching the PSL charge on two additional seats, he might have bought just two seats and waited to buy another two or gone to the secondary market to buy two tickets. But he bought into the PSL program and now the rules have changed.

“Wonder if I can change rules?” he said. “Pay less for PSL and get Andrew Luck as QB?”

What about the Giants? They have a pre-sale on individual game tickets for PSL holders about one week before they are made available to the general public. Just like the Jets, the PSL holders of the Giants have expressed an interest in purchasing extra tickets for family and friends on a per-game basis. The Giants add a surcharge of $10-$50 per ticket depending on the game, which they say serves as a portion of the PSL associated with the ticket. The Giants have not made entire season ticket packages available to PSL holders without a PSL charge.

It feels like the Jets are holding a spring cleaning garage sale.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Look at you showing your true colors again............

I have money hear me roar.

joewilly12

If you think that $130 a year is "Look at me I have money" snobbery, you never should have been a season ticket holder to begin with, friend.  You should have been paying your electric bill.

I know guys who push a broom at Burger King who can blow $130 on cigarettes, bagels, newspapers, or beer in a single month let alone a year.  You are crazy for being this angry over pocket change.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you think that $130 a year is "Look at me I have money" snobbery, you never should have been a season ticket holder to begin with, friend.  You should have been paying your electric bill.

I know guys who push a broom at Burger King who can blow $130 on cigarettes, bagels, newspapers, or beer in a single month let alone a year.  You are crazy for being this angry over pocket change.

SAR I

Im not angry thats the point. 

You seem to want to bring money into the equation all the time. 

Owning season tickets attending every game tailgating is a big commitment that yes costs money addition fees (PSL,parking increases, game ticket increases,$5 for a bottle of water) makes this about money not what your financial advisor tells you  whether or not to buy a lease or BMW. 

The choice was mine to opt don't ridicule me me for my decision and i wont ridicule you for your's. 

And I stand by this comment Stubhub,Ticketmaster,Craiglist strives off the PSL holders who are sell outs and arent committed to the NY Jets every home game, 

joewilly12

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How’s this for a suggestion for the Jets new sales campaign — trying to entice PSL holders to buy more season tickets:.

[snip]

Again, you need a math lesson and a history lesson.

It doesn't matter how many old-time Jets fans in cherry Giants Stadium seats were "infuriated" by the PSL process back in 2008.

What matters is that it only took 16,000 loyal Jets fans to write checks for the 48,000 PSL seats to get them sold in 2008.  And they did.  About 95% of them.

You have a big issue with perception, friend.  You perceive fans as quiet (we are not), you perceive fans as khaki rich people (we are not), you perceive a few empty seats as dispassionate (we lead the AFC in attendance), you perceive the move from NY to NJ a failure (attendance went from 62,000 to 78,000), you perceive PSL's as a financial affront (it was chump-change), you perceive the Jets as second class citizens in NY (we have similar attendance and TV viewership).  These negative fantasties in your head are only in your head. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Again, you need a math lesson and a history lesson.

It doesn't matter how many old-time Jets fans in cherry Giants Stadium seats were "infuriated" by the PSL process back in 2008.

What matters is that it only took 16,000 loyal Jets fans to write checks for the 48,000 PSL seats to get them sold in 2008.  And they did.  About 95% of them.

You have a big issue with perception, friend.  You perceive fans as quiet (we are not), you perceive fans as khaki rich people (we are not), you perceive a few empty seats as dispassionate (we lead the AFC in attendance), you perceive the move from NY to NJ a failure (attendance went from 62,000 to 78,000), you perceive PSL's as a financial affront (it was chump-change), you perceive the Jets as second class citizens in NY (we have similar attendance and TV viewership).  These negative fantasties in your head are only in your head. 

SAR I

But in this case, the Jets are selling out their most loyal season ticket holders. How would you feel if you spent the money in 2010 to buy four PSLs and the person next to you bought two. And now that person can get two more tickets without the PSL simply because the market would not support the Jets selling all the PSL seats in the last six years.

51 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You deserve what you are getting sh*t FOOTBALL at a caviar price. 

Enjoy watching the worst QB in the NFL and paying the price to do so. 

Enjoy the little trinkets you get as a bone from Woody most can be bought on E-bay. 

Funny thing if PSL's and season tickets are such a success why do I get a call every week to come back. 

The new and improved crowd YOU cant even support the J-E-T-S chant. 

No one cares about fair weather fan like yourself who's not in his seats every week regardless of the situation but has an app on his phone to sell those beloved cherished seats because he's so dedicated. LOL 

joewilly12 

At $125 per game, Jets tickets are the best value in town.  A decent view at a Yankee game is $175, and when I take my son to a Rangers game and want a decent view its $225.

No one in Florham Park is calling you 52 times a year to get season tickets.  Maybe you are getting a 2 calls a year because seats are available.  It's what happens when the Jets have 76,000 fans for 30 years and build a larger stadium that can hold 82,500.  They have the ability to offer seats to others.  What a nice thing.  I wasn't afforded that option from 1988 to 2002.  Wish I was.

As for the chant, again, it was something old drunks did to feel like they were young again.  They are gone now.  So the chant died with them.

SAR I

49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not angry thats the point. 

You seem to want to bring money into the equation all the time. 

Owning season tickets attending every game tailgating is a big commitment that yes costs money addition fees (PSL,parking increases, game ticket increases,$5 for a bottle of water) makes this about money not what your financial advisor tells you  whether or not to buy a lease or BMW. 

The choice was mine to opt don't ridicule me me for my decision and i wont ridicule you for your's. 

And I stand by this comment Stubhub,Ticketmaster,Craiglist strives off the PSL holders who are sell outs and arent committed to the NY Jets every home game, 

joewilly12

Angry:  You are angry because you put up a Vietnam-like protest over PSL's, no one followed you, and now you aren't a season ticket holder anymore.

Money:  I don't bring up money.  I will, however, DEFEND myself when others bring up money.  Like you do.  Constantly.  PSL owners are stupid because we gave Woody Johnson our MONEY.  Remember?

Attending All Games:  This is another fallacy, this thought that 82,500 people are all judging each other on their loyalty based on how many games a year they attend.  I've been to 100s of games, I've yet to have anyone ask me why I missed this game or that.  We all understand that a day that begins at 10am and ends at 6pm is a long day, quite a commitment, even doing this 4x a year is an amazing sign of commitment to a team.

Judge and Jury:  You don't attend games anymore, so keep quiet.  Your opinions of current season ticket holders through the screen of your cheap HDTV and tinny TV speakers is immaterial.  Shhhh.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

....and here the "you always make it about money" guy is making it about the money, again.  I can tell you exactly how I feel, thank you for asking:

I could care less if I paid $4,000 for a PSL in 2008 and the guy next to me added a seat for a $0 PSL. Good for him.  That money I spent in 2008 was eight years ago, I didn't care about spending the money then, I could care less about where it went now, that's ancient history.  You've spent more than $4,000 on bagels and coffee since 2008, tell me, do you miss it?  Does it bother you?  Those bagels are in septic tank right now; by your own definition doesn't that make you a fool for being sucked into the bagel license process?

SAR I

I went to get some bagels in Tequesta earlier today and ran into a near relative of Al Atkins who used to sit with Namath's father up in the bleachers at Shea and watch games where they put the families of the players back in the end.  We just started talking cuz I was wearing my 1960 White Jets long-sleeved T.  Small world.  Jets Nation is everywhere in North Palm Beach.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

You've spent more than $4,000 on bagels and coffee since 2008, tell me, do you miss it?  Does it bother you?  Those bagels are in septic tank right now; by your own definition doesn't that make you a fool for being sucked into the bagel license process?

SAR I

I think joewilly has sewers.

2 hours ago, FlaJetsFan said:

I went to get some bagels in Tequesta earlier today and ran into a near relative of Al Atkins who used to sit with Namath's father up in the bleachers at Shea and watch games where they put the families of the players back in the end.  We just started talking cuz I was wearing my 1960 White Jets long-sleeved T.  Small world.  Jets Nation is everywhere in North Palm Beach.

typo I meant to type Atkinson.  #62.  he lives in philly now.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

At $125 per game, Jets tickets are the best value in town.  A decent view at a Yankee game is $175, and when I take my son to a Rangers game and want a decent view its $225.

No one in Florham Park is calling you 52 times a year to get season tickets.  Maybe you are getting a 2 calls a year because seats are available.  It's what happens when the Jets have 76,000 fans for 30 years and build a larger stadium that can hold 82,500.  They have the ability to offer seats to others.  What a nice thing.  I wasn't afforded that option from 1988 to 2002.  Wish I was.

As for the chant, again, it was something old drunks did to feel like they were young again.  They are gone now.  So the chant died with them.

SAR I

Repeat after me F-I-T-Z-P-A-T-R-I-C-K and B-O-W-L-E-S  SUCK SUCK SUCK   lmfao lol INVESTMENT GOLD!!!!!!!!!! 

Enjoy drunk or sober this is a disaster. 

Id rather eat the bagel and enjoy the coffee than pay for this sh*t. 

Archived