Woody caption contest

FlaJetsFan

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The PSL's have a 30 year term and I will be 76 years old when mine expire.

Unlike you, if my children do not want to inherit them I will graciously step away and let younger fans take my place.  We are a family, after all.  Most of us, that is.

SAR I

Just make sure those younger fans aren't the ones p*ssing on your tires.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PSL or no PSL you will never rid the stadium of rowdy drunks.

Eventually you will grow up and you will get it that we arent haters we are loyal fans like you portray yourself to be. 

joewilly12 

In the new stadium, rowdy drunks are down to 10% of the population where they used to be 30%, it's a significant reduction.

And due to the segregated stadium design, I can attend 10 home games and never run into a rowdy upper decker the entire season.  My kids, in fact, don't even know they exist.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In the new stadium, rowdy drunks are down to 10% of the population where they used to be 30%, it's a significant reduction.

And due to the segregated stadium design, I can attend 10 home games and never run into a rowdy upper decker the entire season.  My kids, in fact, don't even know they exist.

SAR I

Rowdy drunks exist in the mezzanine and lower level  you yourself said it. 

Image result for drunk jets fan pics

And in the parking lot 

Image result for drunk jets fan pics

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sharing the stadium had nothing to do with it.  I could care less who plays there on our bye week or when we're on the road. 

Bingo.

I've never heard a single person at a game say they wish we had our own stadium.  Because we do.

The only people whining about the stadium are those who quit on the Jets when their free Giants Stadium tickets were taken away.  They lingered for two years in the upper deck while we were making playoff runs, disappeared the moment we hit a down period.  And when we are good again?  They'll show back up, talking about how they are such "diehard" fans. 

But we won't forget the things they said today.  Pretending that "rich" people are the problem.  Pretending that Woody Johnson is a "selfish" owner.  Excuse after excuse doesn't hide the truth:  They are disloyal quitters.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No matter what you are or where you go there will be drunken idiots. The fact that someone tries to make it out like Giants stadium was filled with obnoxious drunks is a farce.

joewilly12

Oh, you mean the same way that someone makes it out like MetLife Stadium is filled with obnoxious rich people and that's not a farce?

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

I've never heard a single person at a game say they wish we had our own stadium.  Because we do.

The only people whining about the stadium are those who quit on the Jets when their free Giants Stadium tickets were taken away.  They lingered for two years in the upper deck while we were making playoff runs, disappeared the moment we hit a down period.  And when we are good again?  They'll show back up, talking about how they are such "diehard" fans. 

But we won't forget the things they said today.  Pretending that "rich" people are the problem.  Pretending that Woody Johnson is a "selfish" owner.  Excuse after excuse doesn't hide the truth:  They are disloyal quitters.

SAR I

If diehard fans would have bought all the PSL's and season tickets we wouldnt be able to return and would be shut out and have to go on a waiting list. 

Where were you 20 years ago even though many were on a waiting list they still bought there way into Giants stadium all because they wanted to. 

You werent shut out you didnt want to invest in the Jets then and I think only reason you do it now is to be able to brag about owning PSL's.

joewilly12 

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Tickets are actually easier now to get than they actually used to be pre PSL's.

joewilly12

Tickets are easier to get BECAUSE of PSL's.

Tickets are now in the hands of real Jets fans, not ticket brokers and Giants fans.  And on days we can't make a game we put our tickets up for sale at fair prices on Stubhub for other Jets fans to enjoy.  The Jets don't control the prices.  The brokers don't control the prices.  The fans do.

Just another reason why PSL's are great for everyone. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh, you mean the same way that someone makes it out like MetLife Stadium is filled with obnoxious rich people and that's not a farce?

SAR I

I never said rich, obnoxious maybe more worried about selfies than what the score is. 

Does your reward lanyard get you and others a free turkey or just a pretzel. 

In the old stadium incentives werent necessary to fill the place with Jets fans. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Tickets are easier to get BECAUSE of PSL's.

Tickets are now in the hands of real Jets fans, not ticket brokers and Giants fans.  And on days we can't make a game we put our tickets up for sale at fair prices on Stubhub for other Jets fans to enjoy.  The Jets don't control the prices.  The brokers don't control the prices.  The fans do.

Just another reason why PSL's are great for everyone. 

SAR I

Tickets are easier to get because of the internet. 

In the old stadium season ticket holders werent allowed to resell tickets and took a chance doing so.

Many ticket brokers still have tickets and they get them from the NY Jets no PSL required. 

PSL's work for you and thats great enjoy. 

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

Agree completely.

You go to the game to watch the game; get drunk at a bar.  I had a guy who sat in my row, he'd arrive late for the game, he'd sit down with 2 beers, within 20 minutes he was up to go piss them out, came back with another beer.  Up down up down up down all game long.  Then leaves early once they shut off beer sales.  Should have stayed home in his basement. 

It's not cool to be drunk in public past the age of 20 anymore.

SAR I

LOL - you realize it's not legal to be drunk UNTIL you're 21.

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

To say Jets fans from yesteryear were drunks is a cowardly attempt to justify how you acquired your seats in the new stadium seats that were taken from the longtime diehard season ticket holders who paid a price for years with very little success and no payment plans. 

joewilly12

That's just the point:  You never paid a price.

Your father got the tickets when they were $10 and there was no waitlist.  You got your tickets from your father when he couldn't go to games anymore.  You sold half your tickets for 3x face value to illegal brokers, attended half the games for free, and then got paid to attend the games you sold.  You made money on the Jets.  Selling off to ticket brokers became a cottage industry at Giants Stadium.  I know people who put their kids through college by compiling 12 seats between the 40's on the lower level and selling them for ridiculous prices.

And all that time, loyal young fans like me were stuck on a waiting list.  I started attending games in 1980.  When I graduated and had an apartment in Manhattan, I put myself on the waiting list.  That was 1988.  My number didn't get called until 2002.  15 f-cking years.  And when it was?  Smack dab between the goalposts two rows from the flags.  Would have taken me 50 years to get out of the upper deck.  All so people like you could make money by selling your seats to brokers who sold them to real Jets fans or traveling enemy fans.  It was criminal.

PSL's ended this scam and put the seats in the right hands.  Enjoy the couch.  It's what you deserve.  Call your broker.  Maybe he'll buy a cushion.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Comparing the capacity of 2 entirely different stadiums and saying they were sold out means absolutely nothing.

There will be no more younger fans willing to commit or will they be able to afford it all they would rather play a football video game in their condo or townhouse this younger generation does not want commitment or the responsibility of owning and maintaining a home. 

Your welcome for you seats glad I can be of help now thank other fans as well instead of calling them rowdy, obnoxious cheap blue collar drunks. 

joewilly12

Please, "sold out" is a dumb way to look at the success or failure of the same team in different venues.  We are packing in 16,000 more fans in MetLife than we ever did in those so-called "glory days" at the Mets dump.  You ignore facts and grasp at straws to make weak arguments to support your fantasies that 79,000 MetLife fans are miserable because we paid a few dollars for PSL's.  You ignore facts and think that without you and your kind the stadium is quiet and dull and lacking edge.

As for the next generation of fans to follow us into MetLife, yeah, if I were you I would hold off on predicting how they will behave after your failed prediction on what would happen to the Jets in a shared stadium with the Giants under rules of personal seat licenses.  Could you have been more wrong? 

Nope.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Just make sure those younger fans aren't the ones p*ssing on your tires.

If my own 18 and 15 year old boys are any indication, they are too busy getting p*ssy to worry about alcohol and finding an appropriate place to urinate at a football game.

To today's generation, getting drunk isn't fun.  They view it as something sad and lonely people do to escape from their lives for a few hours.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's just the point:  You never paid a price.

Your father got the tickets when they were $10 and there was no waitlist.  You got your tickets from your father when he couldn't go to games anymore.  You sold half your tickets for 3x face value to illegal brokers, attended half the games for free, and then got paid to attend the games you sold.  You made money on the Jets.  Selling off to ticket brokers became a cottage industry at Giants Stadium.  I know people who put their kids through college by compiling 12 seats between the 40's on the lower level and selling them for ridiculous prices.

And all that time, loyal young fans like me were stuck on a waiting list.  I started attending games in 1980.  When I graduated and had an apartment in Manhattan, I put myself on the waiting list.  That was 1988.  My number didn't get called until 2002.  15 f-cking years.  And when it was?  Smack dab between the goalposts two rows from the flags.  Would have taken me 50 years to get out of the upper deck.  All so people like you could make money by selling your seats to brokers who sold them to real Jets fans or traveling enemy fans.  It was criminal.

PSL's ended this scam and put the seats in the right hands.  Enjoy the couch.  It's what you deserve.  Call your broker.  Maybe he'll buy a cushion.

SAR I

I acquired my seats after waiting on the waiting list for about 7 years. I never once sold any games regardless of the game time win loss record or weather unlike you. 

I gave the tickets to friends and neighbors who were Jets fans unlike you who sells them like a fair weather fan. 

PSL's didnt end any scam it created a new one for those who chose to pay for them I wont even call it an investment if I did I would say its a bad investment so far. 

No need to call a broker I can surf the internet, call the Jets ticket office and get a seat similar to yours for less money without a contract maybe even sit next to you and buy you a beer. 

I am enjoying my couch/bar seat and my stale pretzels its just isn't worth my time, effort to money at this time Fitzpatrick threw another INT Bowles called a timeout with the clock stopped. 

You enjoy SAR I you deserve all this and more, 

joewilly12

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If my own 18 and 15 year old boys are any indication, they are too busy getting p*ssy to worry about alcohol and finding an appropriate place to urinate at a football game.

To today's generation, getting drunk isn't fun.  They view it as something sad and lonely people do to escape from their lives for a few hours.

SAR I

Weird isn't it? My sons are 18 and 20 and have no interest what so ever in drinking. They chase honies and make monies. My 20 year old is excited to turn 21 to get his concealed carry permit. Probably a topic for another time. Haha.  But unlike myself going through college they really don't have much of an interest in drinking. So strange.

SAR I

Agree my 24 yr old son and his friends shun on this type of behavior they drink but not to a drunken stupor they drink responsibly. 

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rowdy drunks exist in the mezzanine and lower level  you yourself said it.

Like any section in the stadium, we get drunken Stubhubbers once in awhile, but the moment they stand up, start yelling, start smiling, and turn their heads around looking to others for positive recognition they instead get a thousand dirty looks, a thousand stares, a thousand angry faces, a thousand people shaming them for their misbehavior.

And then they sit down.  And then they shut up.  And then they realize their kind don't have a place anymore.  And then they realize they should just stay home.

Because they have been Couchlisted.

SAR I

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Weird isn't it? My sons are 18 and 20 and have no interest what so ever in drinking. They chase honies and make monies. My 20 year old is excited to turn 21 to get his concealed carry permit. Probably a topic for another time. Haha.  But unlike myself going through college they really don't have much of an interest in drinking. So strange.

Kids or young adults today arent into drinking I see it all the time when my sons friends come over to watch the games I offer them beer and alcohol they drink me out of gatorade and soda instead. 

When we were there age we yearned for beer and getting drunk all the time anywhere and everywhere and usually drove home this younger generation isn't like that at all and I feel blessed knowing this. 

Like any section in the stadium, we get drunken Stubhubbers once in awhile, but the moment they stand up, start yelling, start smiling, and turn their heads around looking to others for positive recognition they instead get a thousand dirty looks, a thousand stares, a thousand angry faces, a thousand people shaming them for their misbehavior.

And then they sit down.  And then they shut up.  And then they realize their kind don't have a place anymore.  And then they realize they should just stay home.

SAR I

Or you text H-E-L-P on them. :D

44 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Where were you 20 years ago even though many were on a waiting list they still bought there way into Giants stadium all because they wanted to. 

You werent shut out you didnt want to invest in the Jets then and I think only reason you do it now is to be able to brag about owning PSL's.

joewilly12 

You should pay closer attention.

After 13 years of waiting in agony on the waitlist, my career exploded and I was doing quite well financially.  And then I discovered eBay.  And then I saw a listing by a fan who had 3 seats in the first row of the mezzanine in Giants Stadium, blue collar postal worker since Shea who couldn't go to games anymore, I paid him $10,000 for a postcard telling the Jets to assign his seats to me in 2001.

And when the PSL's were announced, I wanted Day 1 seniority to keep my first row location, so I found a fan on Jets Insider whose dad had 12 seats in Giants Stadium and wasn't renewing, I paid him $1000 per seat for 4 seats just so I could get Row 1 on the first day of the PSL assignment process in 2008.

So, to answer your ridiculous question, I spent $14,000 just to get a great seating location in not one but two stadiums.  And then spent $16,000 on PSL's.  Sounds like $30,000 to me, but I guess that doesn't meet your standards of "loyalty" because I wasn't born in 1950, sit in the Shea bleachers, and get plastered on cheap beer.

And to defend myself, now people will accuse me of bragging.  Because I'm so rich.  And because I'm so entitled.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

rangersvesey.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=

9-3 after Jimmy spanks the Bruins in front of friends and family today up in Boston.  It so takes the edge off of Darrelle Revis failure this season.

SAR I

I believe the Revis contract is thanks to Woody Johnson. When Idzik was hired he was ordered to get rid of him. And when a Mac hired told to re-sign him and at any cost. Of course it killed our cap and budget for 2016.

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I attended last years Thursday Night Football Bills game sat row 1 LL in the end zone there were drunken loud mouth Bills fans all around me. They were disrespectful and even wouldn't shut up during the National Anthem. Nothing has changed and nothing will change anytime soon until MetLife deals with the problems starting in the parking lots and at the beer concession stands. Want peace and relaxation without drunks and loudmouths try the opera it certainly wont happen at a football game. 

joewilly12 

Drunks aside, let's look at actual attendance numbers.

Shea had a seating capacity of 60,372 for NFL games.

Metlife Stadium has a capacity of 82,500.

In the last 4 years, attendance at MefLife has officially remained fairly consistent

2012 - 4th in the league - 95.9% capacity

2013 - 4th - 93.3%

2014 - 2nd - 94.7%

2015 - 21st - 94.7%

the drop in 2015 ranking has to do with oversubcribed stadiums and other anomalous issues that i have no interest in researching at this time

however the above stats do not account for no shows

by way of contrast, Shea in 1965 (Namath's first year,  he played 13 games) led the AFL in paid attendance with an average of 54,878

that comes out to ~90% - even though that was when the NFL had its most draconian blackout policy in place (meaning you could not watch games on TV in NYC, even if a game was sold out)

so marginally Shea attendance when in Namath's 1st year as QB was below that when Geno/Vick helmed the Jets -- but that figure is extremely deceiving, due to the aforementionned no shows 

in the vaunted (by some) PSL era, say 2014, tickets for the jets could easily be obtained for $11, which was a catastrophic hit for those who shelled out many thousands for PSL licenses, and in inflated-adjusted terms, meant you could buy in 2014 a ticket to see the Jets for below what fans used to pay to watch a game at Shea -- which was typically filled to the rafters in the glory years -- when most NFL players made the same sort of normal money to play football that fans did in their regular jobs.

source:  11 bucks

Starting around '66, when they started getting really good, you had to kill to get to see the games at Shea in person.  If you had tickets, you went to the game.  Period.  Nobody stayed home and missed Broadway Joe in his prime.

thus while on the surface it might appear that Metlife is doing well in terms ticket sales, the reality of what is going on at that bipolar stadium tells a far different story.

Besides which, the effen Beatles at their peak played at Shea.  Twice.

A bloated Axl Rose is not quite in that league.

shea.jpg

14 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Actually, 1965 was an AFL year.

excellent point.  i dont remember the exact difference if any between the NFL's and AFL's TV blackout policy; methinks they were similar.  I know for a fact that the NFL it was draconian until 73.   that is probably a seperate thread discussion, probably of little interest to any but AFL historians.  but the whole business of lucrative TV contracts and equal revenue sharing was of course pioneered by Harry Wismer, the founder of the Jets, an innovation that Woody benefits from to this day.  

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

If my own 18 and 15 year old boys are any indication, they are too busy getting p*ssy

SAR I

You'd better have a talk with them now.

Using your logic from another thread, if either of them turns out to be the next Joe Namath, they may blow the chance to win an additional 3 Super Bowls with this behavior.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Classy people?

We PSL owners don't play the money card unless others judge how we spend it-  which is as classless as it gets. 

If you MetLife haters had any class at all you'd respect our decision to participate in the PSL process and acknowledge that we are great fans who put up with decades of ticket misery while waitlisted.

Class?  Show some. Maybe you'll get some.  

SAR I

I am not a Met Life hater. I think it is an improvement over Giants Stadium if only by virtue of NOT being called Giants Stadium.

I am not judging you for spending money on PSLs. I kept my subscription after the Jersey move but tired of the 2-3 ride from eastern Long Island so gave them up and now go a few times per season.

If we lived closer I would have went for the PSL.

Via a combo of hard work, sacrifice and a little luck my family has become quite comfortable.

We want for nothing and thats as far as I would discuss that part of my life on a message board.

Having said that I dont believe all who post here can say the same so maybe try to consider that when you feel the urge for some gasconade.

May be lack of class were the wrong words. Empathy much?

3 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

You'd better have a talk with them now.

Using your logic from another thread, if either of them turns out to be the next Joe Namath, they may blow the chance to win an additional 3 Super Bowls with this behavior.

LOL. Very well played, love it. 

SAR I

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

There will be no more younger fans willing to commit or will they be able to afford it all they would rather play a football video game in their condo or townhouse this younger generation does not want commitment or the responsibility of owning and maintaining a home. 

I love when old folks talk about my generation like they get it... You couldn't be more wrong here.

That our generation is renting more than owning has little to nothing to do with commitment and responsibility.  It has to do with the current financial climate and the fact that there really aren't the same advantages to ownership that there were when you were 30.

Here's a quick exercise in this:

I currently rent in Manhattan from a condo owner.  The apartment I am in is conservatively worth 1.3M today.  Now, if I were to buy it, I would have tie up a minimum of 130K that I could be getting ~7% on at index otherwise.  After that, assuming 10% down, my monthly payment, including taxes and fees and a 4% APR 30-year-mortgage, would be roughly 175% of my monthly rent.  To make that a real number, I'm saving about 3K a month by not owning my place and still have my 130K working for me.  Now, my yearly landscaping is $0.  My yearly snow removal is $0.  My estimated depreciation is $0.  When my oven door broke a few months ago, it cost me $0.  When my microwave crapped out a month ago, it cost me a $7 cab ride to pick up a new one.  Back to that 30 years... I will have paid an additional $840,000 in interest on my loan.  Assuming an average of 7% return, my 130K could will be worth just under 1M.  Now, please, tell me about how I'm not building any equity.......

24 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I love when old folks talk about my generation like they get it... You couldn't be more wrong here.

That our generation is renting more than owning has little to nothing to do with commitment and responsibility.  It has to do with the current financial climate and the fact that there really aren't the same advantages to ownership that there were when you were 30.

Here's a quick exercise in this:

I currently rent in Manhattan from a condo owner.  The apartment I am in is conservatively worth 1.3M today.  Now, if I were to buy it, I would have tie up a minimum of 130K that I could be getting ~7% on at index otherwise.  After that, assuming 10% down, my monthly payment, including taxes and fees and a 4% APR 30-year-mortgage, would be roughly 175% of my monthly rent.  To make that a real number, I'm saving about 3K a month by not owning my place and still have my 130K working for me.  Now, my yearly landscaping is $0.  My yearly snow removal is $0.  My estimated depreciation is $0.  When my oven door broke a few months ago, it cost me $0.  When my microwave crapped out a month ago, it cost me a $7 cab ride to pick up a new one.  Back to that 30 years... I will have paid an additional $840,000 in interest on my loan.  Assuming an average of 7% return, my 130K could will be worth just under 1M.  Now, please, tell me about how I'm not building any equity.......

Your generation is noncommittal you may be the exception. The younger generation will not tie up money in PSL's. The job market is very bleak for many.  Friends of my sons with 4 year college degrees and student loans are working to make ends meet in jobs that arent even related to their degrees most not all are living with parents. 

Renting an apartment, condo or house is a waste of money you get 0 tax deductions and you are putting money in someone else pocket. 

Buy a house or condo,townhouse build equity get the tax deductions you will never lose on real estate. 

Do you own PSL's?

On 10/31/2016 at 10:12 AM, FlaJetsFan said:

It goes without saying that Woody Johnson is one of the most feared, respected, and beloved owners in the NFL.  The picture below says it all in terms of what a heavy hitter this guy is.  Can you think of a caption that maybe nails it in terms of what he's probably thinking of the season so far?

alg-jets-woody-johnson-jpg.jpg

this was easier to stomach when rex was letting me rub my cock on his wifes feet

Archived