Woody caption contest

FlaJetsFan

It goes without saying that Woody Johnson is one of the most feared, respected, and beloved owners in the NFL.  The picture below says it all in terms of what a heavy hitter this guy is.  Can you think of a caption that maybe nails it in terms of what he's probably thinking of the season so far?

alg-jets-woody-johnson-jpg.jpg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

It goes without saying that Woody Johnson is one of the most feared, respected, and beloved owners in the NFL.  The picture below says it all in terms of what a heavy hitter this guy is.  Can you think of a caption that maybe nails it in terms of what he's probably thinking of the season so far?

Will this year be the one where I stand to pee?  But I've grown to love sitting and the subtle, emotional grounding of a well-hewned toilet seat.

29 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

screen-shot-2015-07-23-at-4-10-09-pm.png

I'm here with hundreds of people who have gathered to witness what has been described as perhaps the greatest turkey event in Thanksgiving Day history. All we know for sure is that in a very few moments there are going to be a lot of happy people out here. Now the crowd is...   The... the crowd is uh... curious but well behaved. And I think I hear something now. Uh... The crowd is moving out into the parking area. And... oh yes! I can see it now. It's a... it's a... helicopter and it's coming this way!  It's flying something behind it and I can't quite make it out. It's a large banner and it says H A P P Y... T H A N K S... giving... from W... K... R... P! What a sight, ladies and gentlemen. What a sight. The 'copter seems to circling the parking area now. I guess it's looking for a place to land. No! Something just came out of the back of a helicopter. It's a dark object, perhaps a skydiver plummeting to the earth from only two thousand feet in the air... There's a third... No parachutes yet... Those can't be skydivers. I can't tell just yet what they are but... Oh my God! They're turkeys! Oh no! Johnny can you get this? Oh, they're crashing to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! This is terrible! Everyone's running around pushing each other. Oh my goodness! Oh, the humanity! People are running about. The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Folks, I don't know how much longer... The crowd is running for their lives. I think I'm going to step inside. I can't stand here and watch this anymore. No, I can't go in there. Children are searching for their mothers and oh, not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this. I don't know how much longer I can hold my position here, Johnny. The crowd... 

39 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

I wonder what Brett Favre is doing these days ?

41 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

Pimpin ain't easy.

46 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

All you guys on JN are pricks.

51 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I should have put my money into an IRA. 

You know of course he is making a fortune on the Jets? He paid 600+ million for them, and they are now worth 2.7+ billion. It basically quadrupled in value in the 16 years since he bought them. I also seem to remember he makes like 100 million a year on them...

3 hours ago, FlaJetsFan said:

Can I show you my Woody?

How about my Johnson?

5 hours ago, FlaJetsFan said:

I'm just another Same Old Jets fan. Of course, I spend a bit more on the team than the average fan.

7 hours ago, FlaJetsFan said:

Can someone photoshop in a fitzpatrick beard?

10 hours ago, FlaJetsFan said:

Was that my dildo on the field in buffalo?

"A few more tears"?

"WANTED: For The Tylenol Murders"

"Dunce Cap"

"What you look like when your first and last names both mean 'dick'"

"The 'horses ass' that Leon Hess implored the team not to become"

The reason why Bill Belichick resigned as “HC of the NYJ’’

E_062842_140821-1200x800.jpg

To:  Suzanne Johnson, Robert Wood Johnson V, Jack Wood Johnson
Cc:  Robert Wood "Woody" Johnson IV
Fr:  Loyal Jets Fan

Please allow this post to serve as an apology for the behavior of a few Jets fans who do not appreciate what your husband/father has done for the betterment of tens of thousands of other Jets fans in the New York metro area.

Thanks to Mr. Johnson, we have a beautiful state-of-the-art stadium, we have a fantastic state-of-the-art training facility, and we have a team headed in the right direction we can be proud of.  The Jets are a great organization, you are a wonderful family, your donations to charity and your support of local civic causes are to be admired.  As the holidays approach and our season appears potentially disappointing, please disregard traditional and social media criticisms and know how you are sincerely appreciated and how collectively we believe we are headed for brighter days in the near future.

Personally, I will forever be appreciative for the PSL process which allowed my family to be alleviated from the waiting list and after 12 long years finally have seats in our own name at MetLife.  God bless you.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

E_062842_140821-1200x800.jpg

To:  Suzanne Johnson, Robert Wood Johnson V, Jack Wood Johnson
Cc:  Robert Wood "Woody" Johnson IV
Fr:  Loyal Jets Fan

Please allow this post to serve as an apology for the behavior of a few Jets fans who do not appreciate what your husband/father has done for the betterment of tens of thousands of other Jets fans in the New York metro area.

Thanks to Mr. Johnson, we have a beautiful state-of-the-art stadium, we have a fantastic state-of-the-art training facility, and we have a team headed in the right direction we can be proud of.  The Jets are a great organization, you are a wonderful family, your donations to charity and your support of local civic causes are to be admired.  As the holidays approach and our season appears potentially disappointing, please disregard traditional and social media criticisms and know how you are sincerely appreciated and how collectively we believe we are headed for brighter days in the near future.

Personally, I will forever be appreciative for the PSL process which allowed my family to be alleviated from the waiting list and after 12 long years finally have seats in our own name at MetLife.  God bless you.

SAR I

I have to agree with SAR I our owner is really a nice guy I've met him on multiple occasions and he is dedicated to this organization being successful and satisfying the fans. 

My daughters sorority recently collected money for Breast Cancer Awareness he personally thanked them and gave them free $153 Mezz tickets for the entire group of girls who participated in the event at the stadium. 

Great post SAR I you are  a class act. 

joewilly12 

IMO Woody Johnson is not a good guy.  I'm not allowed to talk politics on here though so I'll leave it at that.

He's a meh owner so far too.  Some good.  Some bad.  And the PSLs were for his own profits (not to "do fans a favor").  We also didn't need a new stadium.  And Rex didn't even use our practice facility.

45 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And the PSLs were for his own profits (not to "do fans a favor").  We also didn't need a new stadium.  And Rex didn't even use our practice facility.

While the PSL's are a fact of life in the NFL and are not there for the sole purpose of being kind to the fans, Woody Johnson's execution of the PSL's was terrific.  Done by seniority, priced fairly to retain loyal fans in most sections, priced unfairly to oust scalpers in key premium sections, 27,000 upper deck seats without PSL's.  Flexed prices downward in certain sections based on fan response.  Lowered prices significantly to help fans gain access in Year 2.  Lowered prices in the upper deck too.  Put the best fans in the best seats.  Freed the slaves of the wait list.  All of this going on while his team was going deep in the playoffs and fan interest at a high.  Very pro-fan if you ask me.

As someone who sat under a leaky pipe with an obstructed view in Giants Stadium I can tell you quite succinctly that we most definitely needed a new stadium.  And physical concerns aside, we paid rent to the Giants in that place, we had no title to the property or the revenue.  We went from one of the least profitable teams in the NFL to one of the most profitable teams which helps us attract quality coaches, free agents, and build one of the top training facilities in the league.  You don't want to be the Jaguars, losing money, unable to attract top talent.  You want to be a fan of a rich franchise.  It's one of the areas we actually are very good at, gives us a competitive advantage.

Rex used our practice facility 24 weeks a year.  4 preseason, 16 regular season, 4 playoff games.  If he liked to get away from the NY media and the players housewives during the summer, that's cool, it's not an indictment of Florham Park.

SAR I

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IMO Woody Johnson is not a good guy.  I'm not allowed to talk politics on here though so I'll leave it at that.

He's a meh owner so far too.  Some good.  Some bad.  And the PSLs were for his own profits (not to "do fans a favor").  We also didn't need a new stadium.  And Rex didn't even use our practice facility.

So without talking politics, if someone has differing views than you, they're bad guys?  

Awfully big of you, lol

Oh, as a long time STH, we needed a new stadium, as did the owners.  

Rex didn't use the practice facility?  Really? Where did the Jets practice 20 weeks or so during the season?  You think Rex didn't use the practice facilities because he believed in taking players away for summer camp?  Lol, ok.

Archived