Woody caption contest

FlaJetsFan

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No one including myself is saying that you dont deserve your tickets of course you deserve them you paid for them. 

My point is the PSL's arent all that successful like you want everyone to believe. 

Pre PSL there were more Jets fans in the seats at home games. 

Im very thankful for the 20+ years I had my season tickets many many great memories.

Please stop misrepresenting your negative hopes as fact, my friend.  For reasons I can't comprehend, I know you want the Jets and their fans to be viewed as failures, but it's not the case.

The PSL's are successful.  We lead the AFC in attendance.  We now put 79,000 fans on average in every game.  Back in the Giants Stadium era it was 77,000.  But more importantly than a few thousand extra fans is the composition of those fans.  Gone are the Giants fans with grandpa's Jets tickets selling them off to scalpers.  In are true Jets fans, getting off the waitlist, excited to bring their kids.  I'm going to guess that, what, 15,000 Giants Stadium seats filled with scalper non-Jets fans are now MetLife seats in the hands of diehards.

And think about the PSL process for a moment.  Every fan in every seat was relocated.  55,500 fans forced to pay a personal seat license.  27,000 fans asked to move to the up-up-upper deck.  And then the recession hit.  And then unemployment skyrocketed.  And then we hit hard times with a HC and a QB no one could stand from 2011 to 2015.  Sounds pretty bleak to me.  Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Yet, again, every year since MetLife Stadium opened after all this turmoil, the Jets are #1 in the AFC in attendance, tied for #3 in the NFL, and are putting thousands more Jets fans into seats every game.  You say we deserve our seats because we paid for them.  That's not right.  We deserve our seats because we were so patient and waited for decades on a crappy list behind others.  You should be proud of us.  You should apologize for needlessly trying to make us look bad.

SAR I

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

I disagree that there was no talk about NYC being an Olympic site before 9/11.  The bid was organized by the company NYC 2012, Inc.  Which was formed in 1998, two years before 9/11.  Here's a link to the Bloomberg report on it:

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=5343883

according to Wikipedia the idea in fact went back to 1994, but you can look that up yourself. 

I have no idea where you come up with the stat that 70% of Jet fans live in New Jersey.  I doubt it.

And as far as the shared stadium is concerned, I am not primarily concerned about how much more money Woody made going that route. I am talking about what it means for the fans.  And as for the fans the experience is not limited to how other fans behave when they attend games.  It is more involved than that, and yes in NYC compared to the Giants the Jets are not generally viewed as at the same level of identification with the City and the area, and it is not my attitude that makes that so.

Interesting that the 2012 bid was first iterated in 1998, I may be wrong but I don't think it was something being discussed during the Hess sale nor do I think it flavored Johnson's purchase.  Would be interesting to find out.

The Jets told me that 70% of fans live in New Jersey, I asked them back in the PSL thread days on JI.  I didn't challenge the number as it makes sense to me, having moved there from Shea in 1983 and having a full generation of fans there for 35 years.  The Jets churned 1% of season tickets each year in Giants Stadium, roughly that's 25,000 seats that changed hands during our stay there.  I don't see very many NY license plates in the parking lots.

As for the "New Yorkness" of the Jets, I don't know, maybe its me having lived in both states but I view New York and New Jersey people the same.  There really is no difference between us, I don't think anyone cares about this stuff, there is no border war.  The Giants are the more glamorous team because they win more now.  Back in the 60's and 70's we were the rockstar.  It's performance-dependent, nothing to do with zipcodes.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Old Time Fans:  Yes, they were loyal fans.  They had it great for 30 years.  Now it's our turn.  Be happy for us.  You have the right to complain in 2040 which is the year that I'd have been in great seats for the length of time that you were.  That's the date that we start to see some unfairness.  Until then, we deserve your seats.

Stadium Debt:  Who cares?  The team is not in default.  My ticket prices increased $5 in 8 years.  If Woody makes more money and it allows him to continue to make the Jets a first-class player-friendly organization for which we can attract top free agent and coaching talent, great.

Single Game PSL Tickets:  Unlike you, I am not full of resentment, I'm not selfish.  I paid a fair price for PSL's in 2009 and I am content.  If new fans get single games with no PSL fee, I'm good with it, the more Jets fans the better, if it helps young fans join the family, even better.

Opposing Teams:  This is a fact of live in the United States now and it has nothing to do with the Jets or their fanbase.  I'm sure you saw what went down in Cleveland the past two days, the joint was 50% Cubs fans off Stubhub in a stadium full of fans starving for a World Championship since 1948.

PSL Success:  The stadium is filled with more Jets fans than ever in our history, we lead the AFC in attendance for 7 consecutive years, besides some scattered seats the PSL process was a rousing success.  What you have in the stadium today are fans grateful for the opportunity to finally have seats in our own name.  What used to be there wasn't grateful for anything, they had a feeling of entitlement, of privalege, and it was unfair.  That's been corrected.  It's our turn now.  Enjoy the couchlist.  You can complain in 2040 when you've paid your dues for the 30 years of easy-living and free tickets Leon Hess provided you.

SAR I

SAR 1 has GOT to be on the Jets payroll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

Further on the lead up to the joint stadium...

However great the joint stadium idea turned out to be, or not, it CLEARLY was not what Woody wanted to do in the first place.  That was the WSS, and for all the problems associated with it, it was not a joint deal with the Giants, and was not in New Jersey, and was what Woody wanted as his Plan A.

It was not until June 6, 2005 that the deal was effectively scuttled, and before that Woody was all in on getting the WSS.  The point being that when he lost on the WSS, and the clock was ticking on the offer from the Giants, he had not laid any groundwork for an alternative.

Just another example of how Johnson is not really an effective businessman.

The fact that the Jets have gone up in value on paper is because of other things than what Woody did and didn't do, but at a minimum the point that the joint stadium has whatever value it has is irrelevant, since it is not what Woody wanted.

As far as getting to the stadium is concerned, admittedly when there rarely is no traffic, Yonkers Raceway is a short drive from the GW Bridge.  It probably is just as close in average drive time as the WSS would have been, but yes I recognize the plan was there would be ferries from parking lots in Jersey rather than expecting Jersey fans to drive. Personally I thought that was an unwieldy and un fan friendly concept.

Your perception of Woody's "scramble" to New Jersey after the failed WSS land grab is exactly what he wanted the public to think.  He had to appear all-in on a Manhattan stadium, no flirting with the Giants, in order for the State and the Governor to show similar loyalty to Woody and the Olympic committee and secure the funds.  I believe quite firmly that Johnson and Mara were speaking constantly and the Plan B was always the Plan A, it was just a matter of political posturing that led some to feel it was the other way around.

As for Yonkers, I think the problem there is infrastructure.  The roads are some of the earliest built in this country and the likes of the Saw Mill, Sprain Brook, Bronx River, Hutch, etc. couldn't handle 40,000 cars and buses on Sunday's, most of those are 2 lane highways with crazy twists and turns and merges.  As a point equidistant to many fans, would have been a good alternative.  But I don't think it was ever on the table.  It was always 2% chance for Manhattan 98% chance for the Meadowlands, and that's it.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

SAR 1 has GOT to be on the Jets payroll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or the rest of you are on the Giants payroll. 

No other explanation for twisting the truth into some selfish, nasty fantasy about abused Jets fans, evil owners, PSL failures, and empty stadiums all of which are untrue.  Spend more time supporting your Jets brothers instead of shooting them down, will do you some good.  Or, continue to be a hater and enjoy being Couchlisted.  Up to you.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Old Time Fans:  Yes, they were loyal fans.  They had it great for 30 years.  Now it's our turn.  Be happy for us.  You have the right to complain in 2040 which is the year that I'd have been in great seats for the length of time that you were.  That's the date that we start to see some unfairness.  Until then, we deserve your seats.

Stadium Debt:  Who cares?  The team is not in default.  My ticket prices increased $5 in 8 years.  If Woody makes more money and it allows him to continue to make the Jets a first-class player-friendly organization for which we can attract top free agent and coaching talent, great.

Single Game PSL Tickets:  Unlike you, I am not full of resentment, I'm not selfish.  I paid a fair price for PSL's in 2009 and I am content.  If new fans get single games with no PSL fee, I'm good with it, the more Jets fans the better, if it helps young fans join the family, even better.

Opposing Teams:  This is a fact of live in the United States now and it has nothing to do with the Jets or their fanbase.  I'm sure you saw what went down in Cleveland the past two days, the joint was 50% Cubs fans off Stubhub in a stadium full of fans starving for a World Championship since 1948.

PSL Success:  The stadium is filled with more Jets fans than ever in our history, we lead the AFC in attendance for 7 consecutive years, besides some scattered seats the PSL process was a rousing success.  What you have in the stadium today are fans grateful for the opportunity to finally have seats in our own name.  What used to be there wasn't grateful for anything, they had a feeling of entitlement, of privalege, and it was unfair.  That's been corrected.  It's our turn now.  Enjoy the couchlist.  You can complain in 2040 when you've paid your dues for the 30 years of easy-living and free tickets Leon Hess provided you.

SAR I

Woody Johnson, the Tisches and the Maras care a great deal about their debt service. Which is why this stadium has been about bleeding fans white from the beginning. And why the Jets and Giants asked for and got the NFL to double the usual stadium fund subsidy because it's 2 teams involved. And why they pushed for as much NJSEA and state $ as they could get. When ever you say it's not about the money, , it's bout the money.

SAR I has got to be Woody Johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The PSL's are not SOLD OUT the stadium is not SOLD OUT most home games. 

TV commercials,promotions,packages all offering tickets tends me to believe the stadium is not SOLD OUT 

Many corporations bought PSL's the people in the seats some of them are not even football fans. 

There are MANY seats for sale on TicketMaster,Stubhub,Seat Geek,Craigslist which is proof the stadium is not SOLD OUT 

SAR I its great you have seats that you paid for but please stop the charade the PSL's is the answer and thats its working 100% because its not. 

The UD requires no PSL and theres many seats available for any game. 

The pricing the product on the field and the view from the seats isn't the best as it should have been. 

2 teams 20 home NFL games they could have built a mecca retractable roof everything imaginable instead they built a subpar facility and are charging caviar prices to attend games and for concessions. 

I support those who decided to spend the money on PSL's and I support those of us who didnt. 

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

More young fans can get into the stadium than ever before in Jets history due to the advent of StubHub.

And keep in mind that a $35 Shea Stadium ticket in 1980 is the equivalent of $108 today, you can buy face value tickets from the Jets for $75 in the upper deck or go to almost any game for under $100 using internet ticket sites.  When I sell my seats on Stubhub for $50 to a lame game, that's the equivalent of $16 in 1980.

Nothing has changed for young people except cheaper tickets easily accessible on mobile devices in realtime.

SAR I

Did the jets lower prices from 1980 to 1996?  Because I was paying 25 dollars a ticket for lower goal line seats. 

Your argument is flawed. 

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Woody Johnson, the Tisches and the Maras care a great deal about their debt service. Which is why this stadium has been about bleeding fans white from the beginning. And why the Jets and Giants asked for and got the NFL to double the usual stadium fund subsidy because it's 2 teams involved. And why they pushed for as much NJSEA and state $ as they could get. When ever you say it's not about the money, , it's bout the money.

I'm saying its not about the money to the fans.

I paid for my PSL's 8 years ago and my ticket prices didn't go up a penny during that time.  This year, went up $5.

The fans didn't bleed.  We were freed.  Do you know what 55,000 mezzanine and lower bowl PSL fans celebrating the fact that they are finally in the seats they've wanted and waited on for 30 years sounds like?  I do.  It's like this:  "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

SAR I

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I has got to be Woody Johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The PSL's are not SOLD OUT the stadium is not SOLD OUT most home games. 

TV commercials,promotions,packages all offering tickets tends me to believe the stadium is not SOLD OUT 

Many corporations bought PSL's the people in the seats some of them are not even football fans. 

There are MANY seats for sale on TicketMaster,Stubhub,Seat Geek,Craigslist which is proof the stadium is not SOLD OUT 

SAR I its great you have seats that you paid for but please stop the charade the PSL's is the answer and thats its working 100% because its not. 

The UD requires no PSL and theres many seats available for any game. 

The pricing the product on the field and the view from the seats isn't the best as it should have been. 

2 teams 20 home NFL games they could have built a mecca retractable roof everything imaginable instead they built a subpar facility and are charging caviar prices to attend games and for concessions. 

I support those who decided to spend the money on PSL's and I support those of us who didnt.

Stop with the semantics already.

The Jets and Giants built a stadium larger than they needed to they had room to grow.  Giants Stadium averaged 76,000 fans each Sunday.  MetLife Stadium averages 78,000.  Who cares if there are 4,000 empty seats now and then when the Jets suck and we play a lousy opponent?  More fans are in the building.  That's all that matters.  We didn't lose fans, we gained fans.  We built an enormous stadium befitting a metropolis.

No one cares if the PSL's are not 100% sold out.  The Jets have been very nice and have let people out of their PSL commitments, haven't lawyered-up, haven't gone after them.  Your takeaway here should be that Jets fans amazingly withstood the PSL ask, spent the money, and showed their loyalty to the team. 

Retractable roof?  So you wanted the Jets to spend more money and charge fans higher prices while giving away our homefield advantage in December and January?  Brilliant. 

There was no protest, no revolt.  Just happy fans finally getting the seats they waited so long for.  Why this irks you I'll never know.  Everyone's happy except for the fans who quit on the Jets over a few bucks and a rebuild.  So screw 'em.  They're disloyal to the team and disrespectful to their fellow fans.

SAR I

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

Did the jets lower prices from 1980 to 1996?  Because I was paying 25 dollars a ticket for lower goal line seats. 

Your argument is flawed. 

We were talking about prices we paid as youths vs. prices being paid by today's youths.  I posted up a $13 ticket from my youth, when I was 16.  Today's 16 year olds can buy tickets for the exact same price (fairly adjusted for inflation) on Stubhub and take a safe train to the game.  Back in the day as a 16 year old I couldn't even get a ticket, my parents wouldn't let me call a shady scalper, I would have to take a scary bus from the Port Authority, etc.

Speaking of raised ticket prices though....

Jets raised prices on my $65 mezzanine seat in 2001 to $125 by 2009.  That's a 92% increase.  Far, far worse than a PSL ever was.  But did you hear a protest?  Did anyone make a sound?  Nope.  Thousands of season ticket holders, ridiculous price increases.  Not a word.  See, they still could sell their seats to brokers at huge profits, they didn't utter a peep.

PSL gets announced, over the life of the commitment it's a tiny $7 or $13 price increase but lump sums are due in the first year.  The world comes to an end.  LOL.  They should have asked the brokers friend, the loan shark, for some financial support.

See, with 55,000 non-upper deck seats and 3 seats per license on average, there are only 16,000 of us that actually wrote PSL checks to the Jets.  We knew what was going on.  We didn't get fleeced.  We got freed.  It was chump-change, especially compared to the increases we had taken in the old sh*thole. This entire anti-PSL crap is just a bunch of sour grapes ignorant fans who hate "the man" looking for a platform to complain about their lot in life and they judge the morals of decent Jets fans to support their twisted agenda.

SAR I

On 10/31/2016 at 10:12 AM, FlaJetsFan said:

It goes without saying that Woody Johnson is one of the most feared, respected, and beloved owners in the NFL.  The picture below says it all in terms of what a heavy hitter this guy is.  Can you think of a caption that maybe nails it in terms of what he's probably thinking of the season so far?

alg-jets-woody-johnson-jpg.jpg

fdfe4e73d2e9f6fe37414bb95696a211.jpg

53 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

More PEOPLE are in the building . Most of the new people don't know the difference between a football and an aardvark .

That makes a lot of sense.

I mean, everyone loves driving 2 hours and spending $250 to sit in the cold to play with their smartphones.

If you quit on the team and feel guilty there are better ways of expressing your remorse than taking shots at other Jets fans.

SAR I

57 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

More PEOPLE are in the building . Most of the new people don't know the difference between a football and an aardvark .

I do agree with this. ^

I still enjoy going 2 sometimes 3 times per season but gave up my tix 5-6 years after the Jersey move and never regreted it.

I still enjoy going but it is a very different gameday experience now.

The hard core fans arent there in big numbers like they used to be.

Too many people texting / surfing / talking / acting rudely / leaving early plus the number of opposing fans has exploded.

Remember when the only "devices" fans carried were the little Sony watchman tv's?

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Your perception of Woody's "scramble" to New Jersey after the failed WSS land grab is exactly what he wanted the public to think.  He had to appear all-in on a Manhattan stadium, no flirting with the Giants, in order for the State and the Governor to show similar loyalty to Woody and the Olympic committee and secure the funds.  I believe quite firmly that Johnson and Mara were speaking constantly and the Plan B was always the Plan A, it was just a matter of political posturing that led some to feel it was the other way around.

As for Yonkers, I think the problem there is infrastructure.  The roads are some of the earliest built in this country and the likes of the Saw Mill, Sprain Brook, Bronx River, Hutch, etc. couldn't handle 40,000 cars and buses on Sunday's, most of those are 2 lane highways with crazy twists and turns and merges.  As a point equidistant to many fans, would have been a good alternative.  But I don't think it was ever on the table.  It was always 2% chance for Manhattan 98% chance for the Meadowlands, and that's it.

SAR I

That's too conspiratorial for my taste.  Woody along with Bloomberg wanted to be part of having the Olympics in NYC, and if they had pulled off the WSS, they might have pulled off the Olympics, too.  But the main point is if Woody's plan all along was to go in with the Giants (not that I agree it was, but for argument's sake), it was a sucky plan.  You are entitled to your opinion, but I think the vast majority of Jet fans wish they had their own stadium.

Yonkers did not happen and so that's water under the bridge, but I think the infrastructure problems were manageable. 

I do give you credit for not doubling down on the 9/11argument, though. Good for you.  Too many people on message boards fail to acknowledge facts.  I certainly try to do so when I am wrong.  After all part of why I come here is to learn things, and I certainly don't pretend to know everything.  You get a gold star in my book, not that it is out of character for you, not at all.  Thanks for a good discussion.

25 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I do agree with this. ^

I still enjoy going 2 sometimes 3 times per season but gave up my tix 5-6 years after the Jersey move and never regreted it.

Too many people texting / surfing / talking / acting rudely / leaving early plus the number of opposing fans has exploded.

Remember when the only "devices" fans carried were the little Sony watchman tv's?

i was thinking of going to sun stadium on sunday till i discovered that good seats are going for $200 a pop on stubhub

so that's 400 dollars in tickets alone for my wife and i + the 120 mile drive one way + the parking and concessions and general waiting around + dealing with fins ahole fans + 1/2 the team not playing due to injury + lining the pockets of Ross whose another woody in terms of er leanings

so as Shakeskeare said, methinks i will keep my money in my wife's purse, and watch the game at home.  too bad, as i would have liked to meet some of the jetnation bangers who appear to go going.

i never brought a sony watchman tv at shea, if they even had that then; sometimes a tiny transistor radio +  small flask in nov/dec, which, yes, was passed around.

10 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

That's too conspiratorial for my taste.  Woody along with Bloomberg wanted to be part of having the Olympics in NYC, and if they had pulled off the WSS, they might have pulled off the Olympics, too.  But the main point is if Woody's plan all along was to go in with the Giants (not that I agree it was, but for argument's sake), it was a sucky plan.  You are entitled to your opinion, but I think the vast majority of Jet fans wish they had their own stadium.

Yonkers did not happen and so that's water under the bridge, but I think the infrastructure problems were manageable. 

I do give you credit for not doubling down on the 9/11argument, though. Good for you.  Too many people on message boards fail to acknowledge facts.  I certainly try to do so when I am wrong.  After all part of why I come here is to learn things, and I certainly don't pretend to know everything.  You get a gold star in my book, not that it is out of character for you, not at all.  Thanks for a good discussion.

Agreed, always nice conversing with you, I enjoy our debates.

My recollection of the Olympics era in the early 2000's is pretty clear from a standpoint of what was published.  I remember the announcement was received lukewarmly, the papers and sports radio was very quick to say what a longshot this would be.  I remember Francesa mocking the whole thing, talking about their strategy for a swimming complex at the old World's Fair grounds, new housing projects for 10,000 athletes in Queens, equestrian events at a refurbished Belmont, how the backlash would kill the mayor in the post-9/11 city where so much needed to be rebuilt and taxes were already so high.  I remember an Olympic rally with Woody and the cheerleaders at the Javitz Center that no one showed up for.  The spirit of the whole thing was skepticism and a huge long-shot that the US would be awarded the games let alone in Ground Zero in a city already crowded and uncomfortable in the summer.

I remember the token gesture to flirt with Queens, the "Bring The Jets Back To New York" rally where only Fireman Ed and a hot dog vendor showed up.  Then I remember it falling apart and how quickly the New Jersey deal came together, it took like a week, was way too fast, the Giants were too accommodating, the joint New Jersey stadium [to me] looked to be the real Plan A and the moment the Olympics fell through it all came together as if two friendly owners in the same market were working on it all along.

SAR I

44 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I do agree with this. ^

By "hardcore" I take this to mean "drunk".  Because that's what's missing from the stadium population now.  The blue collar guy with the brown bag sandwich and the dirty fingernails showing up in the second quarter completely blotto, coming down from his drunken stupor just in time to piss himself.

If given a choice of having 10,000 drunk fans in the midst or 10,000 social media fans in the midst, I'll take the social media fans.  Better to have someone sit there minding their own business than someone cursing, burping, farting, making an embarrassing spectacle of himself.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

i was thinking of going to sun stadium on sunday till i discovered that good seats are going for $200 a pop on stubhub

so that's 400 dollars in tickets alone for my wife and i + the 120 mile drive one way + the parking and concessions and general waiting around + dealing with fins ahole fans + 1/2 the team not playing due to injury + lining the pockets of Ross whose another woody in terms of er leanings

so as Shakeskeare said, methinks i will keep my money in my wife's purse, and watch the game at home.  too bad, as i would have liked to meet some of the jetnation bangers who appear to go going.

i never brought a sony watchman tv at shea, if they even had that then; sometimes a tiny transistor radio +  small flask in nov/dec, which, yes, was passed around.

Oh yes the transistor radios, so many tuned in to WMCA or WABC  at the same time you could hear Glickman Ross or Deluca calling the game even if you didnt have your own radio.I think the Watchman TVs started early 80's

I have gone to a few games in Fla. last time was when it was Joe Robbie.

Fans are nasty even if you mind you own business and keep quiet.

50 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

The "leaving early" phenomenon, I watch this very closely, I don't like it either, I have first row seats so I have a clear look at who is leaving on the lower level and around me in the mezzanine.

The people getting into the stadium late and leaving early are the very "hardcore" fans that there are fewer of and you regret having reduced in numbers.  They have too much fun drinking.  So they party too hard in the morning at the tailgate, stumble to security at 1:05, wait on line to piss, and get to their seats by 1:20.  Then during the game, they do the up to get a beer, up to piss it out, up to get a beer, up to piss it out 3x or 4x, and by the fourth quarter they realize they can't get any more beer and their buzz is subsiding, they don't know what's going on on the field, they wish they were home napping on the couch, and they leave early to clean up their tailgate mess and beat the traffic back home.

Point being, the fans that disappoint you because they arrive late and leave early are the so-called older hardcore ones, not the youngsters messing with their iPhone's.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

By "hardcore" I take this to mean "drunk".  Because that's what's missing from the stadium population now.  The blue collar guy with the brown bag sandwich and the dirty fingernails showing up in the second quarter completely blotto, coming down from his drunken stupor just in time to piss himself.

If given a choice of having 10,000 drunk fans in the midst or 10,000 social media fans in the midst, I'll take the social media fans.  Better to have someone sit there minding their own business than someone cursing, burping, farting, making an embarrassing spectacle of himself.

SAR I

It is your reality. Live it to the fullest.

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Stop with the semantics already.

The Jets and Giants built a stadium larger than they needed to they had room to grow.  Giants Stadium averaged 76,000 fans each Sunday.  MetLife Stadium averages 78,000.  Who cares if there are 4,000 empty seats now and then when the Jets suck and we play a lousy opponent?  More fans are in the building.  That's all that matters.  We didn't lose fans, we gained fans.  We built an enormous stadium befitting a metropolis.

No one cares if the PSL's are not 100% sold out.  The Jets have been very nice and have let people out of their PSL commitments, haven't lawyered-up, haven't gone after them.  Your takeaway here should be that Jets fans amazingly withstood the PSL ask, spent the money, and showed their loyalty to the team. 

Retractable roof?  So you wanted the Jets to spend more money and charge fans higher prices while giving away our homefield advantage in December and January?  Brilliant. 

There was no protest, no revolt.  Just happy fans finally getting the seats they waited so long for.  Why this irks you I'll never know.  Everyone's happy except for the fans who quit on the Jets over a few bucks and a rebuild.  So screw 'em.  They're disloyal to the team and disrespectful to their fellow fans.

SAR I

To fill that stadium to capacity the Jets are going to have host a Super Bowl and be in it. 

Most in the seats arent Jets fans. 

Why should they go after PSL defaulters they got partial payment and now own the seats to re-sell them again. 

Retractable roof closed only for inclement weather. 

Improve the overall atmosphere at the stadium improve the quality of the product on the field and many including myself will return. 

LOL if thats what you think and you are at peace with it enjoy those of us who were in our seats in every game regardless of record.weather,game time think differently. 

Rebuild? Since 1969.......

12 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I will, thank you.  Attending live Jets games with my kids is very safe and comfortable now, it used to be ridiculous to even entertain such a thought.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

My reality is that I do have a life outside of spending it 24/7 in a Jets chat room, even tho I'm in Fla living the easy life in comparison to living in Manhattan when it was gritty for 25 years.  That said:  I suspect SAR 1 is Woody's long lost illegitimate nephew (j/k!), who's on the payroll to (a) pump PSLs as a "great investment" because sometime when woody's current crop of kids have children the jets will win a SB and it will only have cost you 5 cents a game in PV terms over the lifetime of your PSL investment or some such nonsense and (b) dump on previous generations of fans who are all old and broken down decrepit alcoholics who effed the noble young waitlist generation for years untlil the woodster finally got sick of waiting for them to croack.  In fact I have in my possession secret hacked emails that prove these allegations: SAR 1 has been instructed by a certain assistant to Hymie Elhai to constantly describe on Jets Nations previous generations of fans as  "blue collar drunks"  with "dirty fingernails" probably uncouth construction guys who live off seasonal umemployment checks in between rehab stints as well as loud-mouthed bad lieutenant Irish cop types who spend half their careers in and out of The Farm upstate when not beating up innocent Brooklyn trustfarians.  you see woody since he bought the team has remained completely enraged that he has never been accepted as a legitmate owner by these old school fans who look down their noses at him as a richie rich football doofus.  woodie knows he especially never be acceptred now, for obvious reasons, except for Jets fans who live on Staten Island, and this makes his bald pate glow red in the dark he is so mad. so now SAR's lot in life is to run interference and pimp the new stadium and its PSL racket to a new generation of gentrified chino wearing android dirtbags who think they know all about football and the jets.  the thing is, If you really are out there making money on wall street, as I did, in like, a real job on the sell side of things, and not on some cushy buy side pretend you-are-a-trader at, say, a MetLife Investments division desk job, you probably dont hang out at all hours in a chat room bragging about how loaded u r to the max.  half of this of this schtick  is probably baiting and unserious, but still.... let's get a grip here.  the only real bad as in nasty bad thing at Shea was throwing bottles on the field when we played particularly hated teams.  that was definitely wrong.  but the general loutish behavior, cutting in the line to the men's room at 1/2 time, or the loudly profane yelling and screaming at hated players both home brewed and visited.. that was the passion of bleed green NY Jets youngbloods, man!  okay its a gorgeous day and i'm going for a 5 mile beach power walk by the blue blue ocean.

26 minutes ago, FlaJetsFan said:

My reality is that I do have a life outside of spending it 24/7 in a Jets chat room, even tho I'm in Fla living the easy life in comparison to living in Manhattan when it was gritty for 25 years.  That said:  I suspect SAR 1 is Woody's long lost illegitimate nephew (j/k!), who's on the payroll to (a) pump PSLs as a "great investment" because sometime when woody's current crop of kids have children the jets will win a SB and it will only have cost you 5 cents a game in PV terms over the lifetime of your PSL investment or some such nonsense and (b) dump on previous generations of fans who are all old and broken down decrepit alcoholics who effed the noble young waitlist generation for years untlil the woodster finally got sick of waiting for them to croack.  In fact I have in my possession secret hacked emails that prove these allegations: SAR 1 has been instructed by a certain assistant to Hymie Elhai to constantly describe on Jets Nations previous generations of fans as  "blue collar drunks"  with "dirty fingernails" probably uncouth construction guys who live off seasonal umemployment checks in between rehab stints as well as loud-mouthed bad lieutenant Irish cop types who spend half their careers in and out of The Farm upstate when not beating up innocent Brooklyn trustfarians.  you see woody since he bought the team has remained completely enraged..............................

Lol ..........funny stuff. You do have a way with words.☺

SAR 1 on the other hand hasnt come up with anything new in years.

FWIW I do enjoy the better food and bathrooms at Metlife but the docker chino Brad Biffy new money acting like old money crowd? Not so much.

Enjoy the beach. 

I'm going to the saloon to see if anyone needs a beaten.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

To fill that stadium to capacity the Jets are going to have host a Super Bowl and be in it. 

Most in the seats arent Jets fans. 

Why should they go after PSL defaulters they got partial payment and now own the seats to re-sell them again. 

Retractable roof closed only for inclement weather. 

Improve the overall atmosphere at the stadium improve the quality of the product on the field and many including myself will return. 

LOL if thats what you think and you are at peace with it enjoy those of us who were in our seats in every game regardless of record.weather,game time think differently. 

Rebuild? Since 1969.......

Capacity:  No one cares if there are a few empty seats at a game these days, it's like this at ANY stadium in the NFL.  Not all contests are convenient or compelling.  Note that MetLife Stadium holds 7,000 more fans than Giants Stadium and 20,000 more fans than Shea Stadium.  Think about that before you post on this subject again.

Composition:  All NFL teams have visiting fans in their stadium.  Because we have such a huge stadium and are in a popular tourist destination we will always have more enemy fans that other cities.  No one gets excited about a trip to Oakland, no one vacations in Indianapolis.

Roof:  Stop already, not a single PSL went unsold because the stadium is an open-air design.  If your customers don't want a feature you don't need to offer it to them.

Your Return:  No one wants you back, we don't need you back.  We just would like it if you would go away quietly.

PSL Success:  More Jets fans than ever before, 20,000 more fans than at Shea, lead the AFC in attendance, fans are happy, there is no question that the PSL process was a terrific success.

SAR I

1 hour ago, FlaJetsFan said:

My reality is that I do have a life outside of spending it 24/7 in a Jets chat room, even tho I'm in Fla living the easy life in comparison to living in Manhattan when it was gritty for 25 years.  That said:  I suspect SAR 1 is Woody's long lost illegitimate nephew (j/k!), who's on the payroll to (a) pump PSLs as a "great investment" because sometime when woody's current crop of kids have children the jets will win a SB and it will only have cost you 5 cents a game in PV terms over the lifetime of your PSL investment or some such nonsense and (b) dump on previous generations of fans who are all old and broken down decrepit alcoholics who effed the noble young waitlist generation for years untlil the woodster finally got sick of waiting for them to croack.  In fact I have in my possession secret hacked emails that prove these allegations: SAR 1 has been instructed by a certain assistant to Hymie Elhai to constantly describe on Jets Nations previous generations of fans as  "blue collar drunks"  with "dirty fingernails" probably uncouth construction guys who live off seasonal umemployment checks in between rehab stints as well as loud-mouthed bad lieutenant Irish cop types who spend half their careers in and out of The Farm upstate when not beating up innocent Brooklyn trustfarians.  you see woody since he bought the team has remained completely enraged that he has never been accepted as a legitmate owner by these old school fans who look down their noses at him as a richie rich football doofus.  woodie knows he especially never be acceptred now, for obvious reasons, except for Jets fans who live on Staten Island, and this makes his bald pate glow red in the dark he is so mad. so now SAR's lot in life is to run interference and pimp the new stadium and its PSL racket to a new generation of gentrified chino wearing android dirtbags who think they know all about football and the jets.  the thing is, If you really are out there making money on wall street, as I did, in like, a real job on the sell side of things, and not on some cushy buy side pretend you-are-a-trader at, say, a MetLife Investments division desk job, you probably dont hang out at all hours in a chat room bragging about how loaded u r to the max.  half of this of this schtick  is probably baiting and unserious, but still.... let's get a grip here.  the only real bad as in nasty bad thing at Shea was throwing bottles on the field when we played particularly hated teams.  that was definitely wrong.  but the general loutish behavior, cutting in the line to the men's room at 1/2 time, or the loudly profane yelling and screaming at hated players both home brewed and visited.. that was the passion of bleed green NY Jets youngbloods, man!  okay its a gorgeous day and i'm going for a 5 mile beach power walk by the blue blue ocean.

Ha ha ha, very creative.  I like the lack of capitalization and punctuation, gives it an appropriate blue collar touch.

I will not pimp the stadium, but I will defend PSL owners against allegations that we're idiots who wasted money, a common narrative by the disgruntled older generation forced out of the seats they held onto and never deserved.

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

The "leaving early" phenomenon, I watch this very closely, I don't like it either, I have first row seats so I have a clear look at who is leaving on the lower level and around me in the mezzanine.

The people getting into the stadium late and leaving early are the very "hardcore" fans that there are fewer of and you regret having reduced in numbers.  They have too much fun drinking.  So they party too hard in the morning at the tailgate, stumble to security at 1:05, wait on line to piss, and get to their seats by 1:20.  Then during the game, they do the up to get a beer, up to piss it out, up to get a beer, up to piss it out 3x or 4x, and by the fourth quarter they realize they can't get any more beer and their buzz is subsiding, they don't know what's going on on the field, they wish they were home napping on the couch, and they leave early to clean up their tailgate mess and beat the traffic back home.

Point being, the fans that disappoint you because they arrive late and leave early are the so-called older hardcore ones, not the youngsters messing with their iPhone's.

SAR I

When do you have time to watch the game , Mr Football ?

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Capacity:  No one cares if there are a few empty seats at a game these days, it's like this at ANY stadium in the NFL.  Not all contests are convenient or compelling.  Note that MetLife Stadium holds 7,000 more fans than Giants Stadium and 20,000 more fans than Shea Stadium.  Think about that before you post on this subject again.

Composition:  All NFL teams have visiting fans in their stadium.  Because we have such a huge stadium and are in a popular tourist destination we will always have more enemy fans that other cities.  No one gets excited about a trip to Oakland, no one vacations in Indianapolis.

Roof:  Stop already, not a single PSL went unsold because the stadium is an open-air design.  If your customers don't want a feature you don't need to offer it to them.

Your Return:  No one wants you back, we don't need you back.  We just would like it if you would go away quietly.

PSL Success:  More Jets fans than ever before, 20,000 more fans than at Shea, lead the AFC in attendance, fans are happy, there is no question that the PSL process was a terrific success.

SAR I

You do need us back SAR I you are lying to everyone including yourself MANY longtime diehard fans are not in that stadium on game day including myself. 

You spend Sunday afternoons with strangers and opposing teams fans. 

You are a no show for late games and bad weather and depending on the wins and losses. 

You fear for your own safety every game and refuse to tailgate out of fear. 

You are treating a football game like its an opera performance ooh let me text on this fan getting loud and obnoxious. 

You and other fans like yourself have turned MetLife into a corporate s***fest dog and pony show who has the biggest and best I -phone and selfie pole. 

Success is measured on the field not by the fans in the stadium wallets. 

joewilly12

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You do need us back SAR I you are lying to everyone including yourself MANY longtime diehard fans are not in that stadium on game day including myself. 

You spend Sunday afternoons with strangers and opposing teams fans. 

You are a no show for late games and bad weather and depending on the wins and losses. 

You fear for your own safety every game and refuse to tailgate out of fear. 

You are treating a football game like its an opera performance ooh let me text on this fan getting loud and obnoxious. 

You and other fans like yourself have turned MetLife into a corporate s***fest dog and pony show who has the biggest and best I -phone and selfie pole. 

Success is measured on the field not by the fans in the stadium wallets.

Diehard Fans:  The diehard fans (AKA blue collar drunks) are gone and have been replaced by a younger generation that is more considerate.  We don't want or need you back.  We just need you quiet.

Corporate Fans:  New York is a corporate city.  If you want salt-of-the-Earth fans of a salt-of-the-Earth team, go root for the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Lots of blue jeans and blue collars to go around.  Alcohol is the biggest tourist destination there.  Have at it.

This is so sad, joewilly, so sad.  You can't admit you misread the PSL situation, you can't admit you aren't necessary, so all you do is take shots at good Jets fans who choose to show up.  The waitlisters put you on the couch and you're pouting.  I know you don't want to accept that.  But you need to.

SAR I

Archived