Petty was bad

kevinc855

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jack48 said:

He was not good. The coaches did not let him be good. They sat on him until the lead disappeared and asked him to suddenly wing it with 2 minutes left. Completely unfair.  We found out very little about Petty.  Except that he can throw twice as many types of passes as Fitz.  He did not, however,  show that he can match him in INT volume.  These coaches are jokes.  They worry about a rookie throwing picks when they already have the Pick Master playing for them.  More good can come of Petty's arm being unleashed than Fitz's.  And the negatives do not outweigh Fitz's.

That is a key statement, now are the coaches paying attention.

23 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

What we've heard unofficially about Petty was that the CS wasn't high on him or didn't think he was ready. Sure it's one start and most Qbs need starts to elevate their game. But today he wasn't ready. 

Today the coaching staff wasn't ready.

You still have to start Petty. Let him play the rest of the season. If and its a mighty big IF he makes positive strides it would go a long way towards giving the Jets at least a plan going into the draft. Assuming the Jets have any type of plan at all. That in and of itself is a big assumption.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I felt like that was the one thing I didn't see yesterday that I could have. There were a few times he looked hesitant to throw but even more scared to not even run. Fitz and even Geno brought that element of the game. There were opportunities to tuck it and run yesterday but it seemed like it wasn't even in his mind to do so.

they might have wanted him to avoid the possibility of injury.  nothing that he did yesterday makes me crave Fitz again.  They sat on Petty and then asked him to win it at the end.  Kinda tough.  He showed arm, calm and some indecision. But he did not wet his pants out there either.  Jury is out, as it should be after one start

Archived