Petty was bad

kevinc855

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give the Kid a break. He wasn't perfect, but he needs to get consistent first team reps. Game is still a little fast for him. I did like his poise and he didn't have the dear in the headlights look. He was calm and looked like he was having fun. He forced some throws but I think he did well for his first start. It wasnt some weak D either. Petty should start from here on out.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

That's the cold hard reality. 6 points on the board, a missed td pass, a few other missed open passes and a late interception to lose the game. Yes he had a nice throw to Anderson but beside that I didn't see much. All in all, he looked bad in my humble opinion 

The throw to Anderson was underthrown. 

Just now, drdetroit said:

So?  Most Jets fans including myself didn't have high hopes but that's exactly why we wanted to see him play.  We need to see if he's any good before approaching the next offseason.

Agree Geno and Fitz are goners Petty should get 2-3 games and then lets finish off with Hack we need to audition them all so we can plan for next season. 

We might be looking at cleaning house at QB and starting over. 

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

The kid drove 99 yards down the field for a TD. Not bad for your first start against this D. Then Chan shut him down for some reason... who knows why 

Agree 100%

The big 54 yard throw to Anderson, was a real nice throw.  1/4 step behind, or it was a 90+ yard TD.  Petty over threw another ball to Anderson that would have been another long TD.  That was all on Petty,  but if he had taken a bit off the  throw  there would be a completely different conversation on the board right now.

IMO Anderson and Petty look like naturals  together.  Again IMO they Should give Petty the rest of the season with a game plan telling him to go out and win the game, not a game plan that tells him not to lose the game.

Kid was nervous  as hell not to make a mistake and lose the game, I'm probably the only one but I don't think he did horrible out there today

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree Geno and Fitz are goners Petty should get 2-3 games and then lets finish off with Hack we need to audition them all so we can plan for next season. 

We might be looking at cleaning house at QB and starting over. 

I totally agree.  If Petty shows he's a career backup at best then let's start Hackenburgh in 3-4 weeks from now.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Agree 100%

The big 54 yard throw to Anderson, was a real nice throw.  1/4 step behind, or it was a 90+ yard TD.  Petty over threw another ball to Anderson that would have been another long TD.  That was all on Petty,  but if he had made a better throw  there would be a completely different conversation of the board right now.

IMO Anderson and Petty look like naturals  together.  Again IMO they Shula give Petty the rest of the season with a game plan telling him to go out and win the game, not a game plan that tells him not to lose the game.

Kid was nervous  as hell not to make a mistake and lose the game, I'm probably the only one but I don't think he did horrible out there today

The jury is out.  If we can give Fitz ten weeks to stink up the joint and wreck our season we can give Petty another 2-3 games before saying he's bad.

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The jury is out.  If we can give Fitz ten weeks to stink up the joint and wreck our season we can give Petty another 2-3 games before saying he's bad.

I agree, the jury is still out, I'm good with giving him more then 2-3 games, kid should get the rest of the season.   If he stinks it up we'll know.  

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I agree, the jury is still out, I'm good with giving him more then 2-3 games, kid should get the rest of the season.   If he stinks it up we'll know.  

I'm not saying Petty will be good but he wouldn't be the first player who ever struggled in his first game.

15 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Agree 100%

The big 54 yard throw to Anderson, was a real nice throw.  1/4 step behind, or it was a 90+ yard TD.  Petty over threw another ball to Anderson that would have been another long TD.  That was all on Petty,  but if he had taken a bit off the  throw  there would be a completely different conversation on the board right now.

IMO Anderson and Petty look like naturals  together.  Again IMO they Should give Petty the rest of the season with a game plan telling him to go out and win the game, not a game plan that tells him not to lose the game.

You're not the only one. 

Keep him out there the rest of the year!!!!

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I'm not saying Petty will be good but he wouldn't be the first player who ever struggled in his first game.

Agree

Particularity with the game plan they gave him.  Straight 1 read, short passing game.

Petty's at his best throwing upfield.  Of course when you do that some come back the other way.

14 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

This.

I'd also add "If we can give Geno Smith four full seasons to stink up the joint" to your point.

I don't think, at this point, with our available options, to say "lets see what Petty does as a #1 from now till season's end" before we judge him.

I will say this tho.....if we go back to Fitz next game....Bowles must be fired.  We are 3-7.  Playing Fitz at 3-7 is a fireable offense in my book.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This.

I'd also add "If we can give Geno Smith four full seasons to stink up the joint" to your point.

I don't think, at this point, with our available options, to say "lets see what Petty does as a #1 from now till season's end" before we judge him.

I will say this tho.....if we go back to Fitz next game....Bowles must be fired.  We are 3-7.  Playing Fitz at 3-7 is a fireable offense in my book.

Ryan Fitzpatrick DONE 

Geno Smith DONE 

Bryce Petty  ?????

Christian Hackenburg ??????

Lets see what everyone has evaluate the situation and fix it. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This.

You're obsession with Geno Smith is comical at this point.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This.

I'm sick of the calling for Bowles head and I am REALLY sick of the revolving door at HC, but putting Fitz in next week would DEFINITELY get my Irish up.

9 minutes ago, jason423 said:

The Jets called the game knowing that Petty probably doesnt belong on an NFL field. Im not against him getting a second or third chance to see if he can gain more confidence from his teammates and staff, but it wasnt a great start.

If Petty doesn't belong on an NFL field what is Ryan Fitzpatrick doing out there?

This coaching staff is so conservative.. petty connected on a deep pass in 1st half, missed one.. did they even attempt one in 2nd half ? Of course the D is going to notice, inch guys up and play lot more aggressive up front if you don't give them honest and go over the top.. The last pick was a direct result of this weak conservative play calling.. Not playing to win..But Playing not to lose.. embarrassing to lose like that..

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

ZOMG YOU GUYS 3-6 ISN'T THAT BAD, WE CAN STILL WIN THIS IF WE GO ON A RUN, WE CAN STILL WIN THE DIVISION JUST NEED THE PATS TO LOSE A COUPLE, STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE. Petty is the worst, I can't believe you guys can be positive about anything. 

Sorry spin doctor.  3-6 is damn awful.   Pats are finishing 13-3 at worst.

Stop the daydreaming.  Next year is less than a year away.  The draft will be here before you know it.

2017 HERE WE COME!!!!

Last place schedule.

WOW

Just End The Season

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

This coaching staff is so conservative.. petty connected on a deep pass in 1st half, missed one.. did they even attempt one in 2nd half ? Of course the D is going to notice, inch guys up and play lot more aggressive up front if you don't give them honest and go over the top.. The last pick was a direct result of this weak conservative play calling.. Not playing to win..But Playing not to lose.. embarrassing to lose like that..

Playing to lose thanks to Todd Bowles and staff they suck ass 

He deserves to start next week.  I only saw the team let him display his arm on one pass and that was the long pass play to Anderson.  Other than that, they left the training wheels on and made him throw dink and dunk passes.  Start him next week.  Open up the playbook.  There will be growing pains but at least play to Petty's strengths.  That's the only way to find out if he's going to be the answer.  

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

are we taking sides on petty already?

lol

Already?  I thought ge was a wasted draft pick and said so when we took him  turns out Petty is as limited as advertised.  I would also like to add that Hackenberg in the 2nd was a garbage decision by Mac.  neither of them are nfl QBS.  so we still have no franchise QB on this roster and no real developmental prospect either.  

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Are you going to do a Petty passing game review? I may actually look at this one. 

Yeah, I'll write one for Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on when the film becomes available.  

What? lol, I thought you were a regular reader with your responses in those threads.   

42 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Already?  I thought ge was a wasted draft pick and said so when we took him  turns out Petty is as limited as advertised.  I would also like to add that Hackenberg in the 2nd was a garbage decision by Mac.  neither of them are nfl QBS.  so we still have no franchise QB on this roster and no real developmental prospect either.  

considering his last start was against michigan state, I thought he did fine.  I was looking for him getting the team out of the huddle on time, making pre-snap calls and then making good reads

he had 2-3 passes he tried to bring back as he was throwing it, probably prevented INT's or whatever

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

No QB succeeds here as long Todd Bowles is the head coach and Chan Gailey is the OC both of these guys are clueless morons. 

This. Keep them until the end of the season. The longer they stay the higher the draft pick. These guys just plain suck. Maybe they throw a boatload of money at Cowher and they get lucky. Otherwise who knows?

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

This. Keep them until the end of the season. The longer they stay the higher the draft pick. These guys just plain suck. Maybe they throw a boatload of money at Cowher and they get lucky. Otherwise who knows?

The Jets need to change the formula it isn't working it hasnt worked, 

Archived