PSL Fool's Gold - (good read)

David Harris

Hard pressed to judge a season ticket holder and there commitment to the team the commitment starts with laying out the money for the tickets and now PSL's.  Life is full of decisions when I had  my tickets I didnt miss many games the ones I did I was coaching Pop Warner or at an important family gathering. For those that want to judge others and your not a season ticket holder you have no right. All the years I attended we tailgated every Sunday food.grills,beer,ice coolers a lot of preparation a lot of cleanup. Along with the 1 hour drive to and from the stadium.  A lot of hard work and preparation is involved. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Checked out SH at noon for the Giants Bears game.

2 in 140 Lower Prime for $150 - well below face and still there now.

If it were Jets Bears they'd be $75.

15 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Just dropped them to $125

You have Giants season tickets? 

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Fibonacci said:
49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You have Giants season tickets? 

No no no....

I was just checking the market today to see how dramatically the prices drop about an hour before kickoff.

if I dump my Jets tickets after this season I will employ that method next year.

On 11/15/2016 at 10:42 AM, Dcat said:

My older son moved down to Florida in August, and I hold 3 seats in 137 for me and my two sons.  On games where my daughter or wife won't attend, I've been selling those 3 on Stub Hub and waiting until game day to buy a pair on stub Hub for me and my younger son.  Here are the results of my sales:

Average Face Value for Lower Prime tickets (ignoring flex pricing): $170/ticket  ($510 for 3 seats)

PreSeason: irrelevant as always.  Donated Jacksonville tickets to United Way and will take $510 charitable tax deduction.  Sold Giants tickets for $155 each and netted more than I would have if donated to charity. (Ended up going to the Giant game at the last minute buying 4 seats on Stub Hub for $30 each and sat in my regular section anyway since there were so many empties and the ushers weren't checking tickets).   Rant: Paying for these worthless "games" is a 32-team, league-wide scam perpetrated on all season ticket holders. Shame on the NFL for taking advantage of us and shame on us for buying in to the farce that is misnamed PreSeason "games".  I remember when the Jets were the ONLY team in the NFL not to force preseason "games" down our throat, but that ended over 10 years ago.

Bengals: Sat in my regular 3 seats

Seattle:  Sold my 3 early in the week for $726 ($242 per ticket) before 10% Stub Hub commission.  Net $653.40  (28% profit).  (bought a pair of Mezz club seats on the 25 yard line for $125 each the day before the game. That Mezz Club section was teeming with Settle fans BTW)

Baltimore:  Sold my 3 on Friday for $435 ($145 per ticket) before 10% Stub Hub commission.  Net $391.50  (23% loss) . Bought a pair of Mezz Club seats in row 1 on the 25 yard line for $50 each at 10:00 the morning of the game.  Amazing.)

Rams:  Sold my 3 on Thursday for $486 ($162 per ticket) before 10% Stub Hub commission.  Net $437.40  (14% loss) .  Was going to purchase a pair the morning of the game but woke up feeling...  "oh fukc it, I don't feel like spending any money to see this crappy team". Glad I didn't.  

I have all four of the other games now posted on Stub Hub and Ticket Master.  I'll decide the day of any of these games if I want to be cheap tickets at the last minute.  This team isn't worth my time and money right now, so I have a feeling I am done for the season and will gladly take whatever I can get on the secondary market.  The Jets really do not deserve one ounce of loyalty from me or any of us based on the garbage they have delivered to the fans who have paid them so much money.  I hope they read this and gag on it. 

Spot on 100%

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I Does MetLife allow children to enter without a ticket and sit on someones lap for Jets games? 

Children up to 34” inches in height may enter MetLife Stadium free of charge but must share a seat with an accompanying ticketed adult for all New York Jets football games and non-NFL events.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/footer/ticket-faq.html

57 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Why do you care that children sit on PSL owners laps?  For the record, never seen it happen in 35+ years of going to games.

SAR I

Being a PSL owner doesn't give you or anyone exclusive rights to be a nuisance or a pain in the ass at the stadium. 

You act as if owning a PSL gives you carte-blanche to walk on water and do as you please at MetLife. 

Coming from a guy who texts HELP every time another fan looks at you funny I find this hilarious. 

I hope the people who buy the seats next to you show up with kids who sit on parents laps and you see how ridiculous it is to other fans. 

I used to bring both my children at a very young age and they had their own ticket and own seat. 

I saw it yesterday on TV Giants game thats why I inquired Mr. PSL owner above the rest of humanity. 

joewilly12

Archived