PSL Fool's Gold - (good read)

David Harris

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great post.  But how did you feel last year?  After the Patriot win. Didn't it make it feel all worthwhile then?

SAR I

Sorry, as good as last year was (especially the weather for late season games), it was still a ripoff.

The real problem is that it is 90% my fault and I was STUPID to sign up. The rep told me that I could get out of the contract anytime. He lied and I should have known better. They gave me one game in the coaches club for it (which was also a disaster due to their incompetence). My tix are in a horrible location. The two seats next to me are on stub hub every game for a discount and very rarely sell. All because I was STUPID in one moment of weakness after almost a year of hard sell phone calls. Now I am paying that price for years to come.

My only way out is to pay off the contract next year instead of buying tickets. I am considering that and will never watch another football game as long as I live after that because it reminds me how STUPID I was.

I wish I had your wealth so the cost wouldn't sting so much and your enthusiasm for one of the worst stadiums I have ever been to (and I have been to sporting events from coast to coast and several other parts of the world) 

Like I said the only reason to ever have season tickets is to get access to post season games. Not going to see any of those here.

I have to stop looking at this site. This whole thing has done nothing but depress me.

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Sorry, as good as last year was (especially the weather for late season games), it was still a ripoff.

The real problem is that it is 90% my fault and I was STUPID to sign up. The rep told me that I could get out of the contract anytime. He lied and I should have known better. They gave me one game in the coaches club for it (which was also a disaster due to their incompetence). My tix are in a horrible location. The two seats next to me are on stub hub every game for a discount and very rarely sell. All because I was STUPID in one moment of weakness after almost a year of hard sell phone calls. Now I am paying that price for years to come.

My only way out is to pay off the contract next year instead of buying tickets. I am considering that and will never watch another football game as long as I live after that because it reminds me how STUPID I was.

I wish I had your wealth so the cost wouldn't sting so much and your enthusiasm for one of the worst stadiums I have ever been to (and I have been to sporting events from coast to coast and several other parts of the world) 

Like I said the only reason to ever have season tickets is to get access to post season games. Not going to see any of those here.

I have to stop looking at this site. This whole thing has done nothing but depress me.

Misery loves company welcome. 

1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

So we should respect members of the Lucky Sperm Club?

He could have invested in something else instead of the deal of the decade in New York. Turning a $2 billion dollar ROI in 15 years is pretty amazing.

SAR I

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Here's the good news:

The Jets have been extremely helpful to PSL owners in your shoes. Call them after the season is over and they will help you relocate to a location with much better fans and a better view. The gang in 232A and 231A are fantastic and there are 5 JN regulars among us; if you want to look into open seats there I'm sure you'll be happy.

Hang in there. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Here's the good news:

The Jets have been extremely helpful to PSL owners in your shoes. Call them after the season is over and they will help you relocate to a location with much better fans and a better view. The gang in 232A and 231A are fantastic and there are 5 JN regulars among us; if you want to look into open seats there I'm sure you'll be happy.

Hang in there. 

SAR I

There are 5 JN members that can afford nice seats? WOW. Had no idea. Impressive.

:)

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Here's the good news:

Hang in there. 

SAR I

Make sure to bring the grey poupon if you sit there .

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

There are 5 JN members that can afford nice seats? WOW. Had no idea. Impressive.

Now that I think of it, if I paid JN $50 a year to become a VIP member, that's $1,500 or the equivalent of 1/3 of a Mezzanine PSL.  That's a whole butt-cheek.

SAR I

5 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ......

Connect the dots:

The Jets announced that all non-Clue PSL seats were sold out in 2010.

Ticket sales and attendance has been virtually the same since 2010.

When PSL's are abandoned, they are either purchased by new fans or the tickets are sold individually.  Each April JI and JN threads are started by a dozen or so fans who decided to purchase PSL's that year and join the season ticket family. 

There is no crisis here.  There is no mass rebellion.  PSL owners are happy. 

SAR I

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Connect the dots:

The Jets announced that all non-Clue PSL seats were sold out in 2010.

Ticket sales and attendance has been virtually the same since 2010.

When PSL's are abandoned, they are either purchased by new fans or the tickets are sold individually.  Each April JI and JN threads are started by a dozen or so fans who decided to purchase PSL's that year and join the season ticket family. 

There is no crisis here.  There is no mass rebellion.  PSL owners are happy. 

SAR I

SAR I with all due respect there are plenty of unsold PSL seats the NY Jets are selling them as single game tickets and giving them away as comps my daughters sorority sat in MEZZ seats for free thanks to Woody Johnson. 

Id like to know the true number of unsold PSL seats 2016 not a made up fabricated lie. 

Some PSL owners are happy not all. 

joewilly12

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12

What I'm gathering is that people who were in the financial position to buy PSLs (a complete luxury item) are happy, and people who probably shouldn't have bought them, but did anyway, are unhappy.  I would really love a Tesla.  If I bought one right now, I'd be happy for a few weeks.  Eventually, I'd be unhappy, because as cool as it would be to have one, I'm really not positioned financially to get one at the moment.  Seems as if PSLs are no different for people.

JN had officially transformed into JI.  Another year and another endless thread where SAR argues with pretty much everyone, the only person insisting that PSLs are a really a good deal because he didn't have to wait on a list like everyone before him to get tickets.  And all that it cost was a measly few thousand.  Lol, unreal how the guy can kick a dead horse 

JN had officially transformed into JI.  Another year and another endless thread where SAR argues with pretty much everyone, the only person insisting that PSLs are a really a good deal because he didn't have to wait on a list like everyone before him to get tickets.  And all that it cost was a measly few thousand.  Lol, unreal how the guy can kick a dead horse 

Soon the point will inevitably be reached where the thread is locked whereupon a new SAR I versus 99 percent of STH thread will arrive like clockwork boasting about him attaining the only great seats, what a bargain they are and how there are 5 other lifelong friends he made sitting in the second deck in the endzone

1 minute ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Soon the point will inevitably be reached where the thread is locked whereupon a new SAR I versus 99 percent of STH thread will arrive like clockwork boasting about him attaining the only great seats, what a bargain they are and how there are 5 other lifelong friends he made sitting in the second deck in the endzone

You're just jealous because SAR I never invited you to a game. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Now that I think of it, if I paid JN $50 a year to become a VIP member, that's $1,500 or the equivalent of 1/3 of a Mezzanine PSL.  That's a whole butt-cheek.

SAR I

paypal@JetNation.com.  Lifetime memberships are discounted to $1,250. You can send it over now, operators are standing by lol.

I know it is a polarizing topic (anything with money haves vs have nots always is)

Are they expensive? Yes

Are they worth it? Subjective

For me it was an opportunity to leap frog my way to seats I would never be able to get my hands on... They set a market and for the most part it worked.. Remove the coaches club and it would be a success...

Either way who cares... If you didn't buy them and you think they are stupid... Good for you... Pat yourself on the back... If you did buy them good for you too...there is no right answer and it is all subjective to disposable income so there will never be a consensus...

The New Dump is what it is. PSLs were presented as an investment - and don't anyone lie about it - it was presented as an investment. If you bought in believing that you were making an investment, you made a bad choice as an investment. 

Remember the original exclusive auction? Hahaha. What a disaster for Woody Johnson. The stock market dipped in the preceding month. Only the Jets; and they eventually gave money BACK to people because of gouging. You can't find anything on it now, but we were all following it as Jets fans. 

Listen, anyone happy with their PSLs, enjoy them in good health.  I'm just kinda tired of the dung slinging and the mathematics of how much blah blah blah blah divided by blah blah blah divided by our shared barn t-squared = blah blah blah PSL win. Point is, if you're cool with what you have in The New Dump, don't put anyone else down for crapping on it.  It's mindless at this juncture. 

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I with all due respect there are plenty of unsold PSL seats the NY Jets are selling them as single game tickets and giving them away as comps my daughters sorority sat in MEZZ seats for free thanks to Woody Johnson. 

Id like to know the true number of unsold PSL seats 2016 not a made up fabricated lie. 

joewilly12

Who says there is a glut of unsold PSL's?  And what market is there for the Jets to sell tickets directly to fans when Stubhub is cheaper and a far easier experience?

You are fantasizing again.  Jets fans at MetLife Stadium pass the eye test.  The house is full except for the upper deck endzones. 

Are there PSL's that come available each year?  Certainly.  The churn in Giants Stadium was 1% a year per the Jets, that's 550 seats per year or 183 PSL owners each year in MetLife, statistically speaking, who move away, hit hard times, pass away, etc.  The point is there is no mass exodus, there is no unrest.  PSL owners are happy.  Shiny happy.  Shiny happy people.  Laughing.

SAR I

8 hours ago, gEYno said:

What I'm gathering is that people who were in the financial position to buy PSLs (a complete luxury item) are happy, and people who probably shouldn't have bought them, but did anyway, are unhappy.  I would really love a Tesla.  If I bought one right now, I'd be happy for a few weeks.  Eventually, I'd be unhappy, because as cool as it would be to have one, I'm really not positioned financially to get one at the moment.  Seems as if PSLs are no different for people.

Exactly.

And like buying a Tesla, you make 100% sure you like the car before you buy it.  You kick the tires.  You take test drives.  You do the research.

Same thing happened at MetLife Stadium circa 2008.  The Jets invited season ticket holders and prospective club seat buyers to lunch and a private tour for months on end.  Once the first wave of existing season ticket holders ranked by years of seniority were allowed through to pick their seats, the Jets held open house seating tours for almost a year for anyone to walk in, check the place out, talk to sales reps, and make very informed purchases.  It was a lot of fun.  I got a Jets hard hat, met Woody Johnson, took great pictures, it was a blast.

Point being, as long as someone had the money, visited the stadium, read the informative forum threads, and picked the right seats for them, it's happy times in PSL-land.  It was then, it still is now.

SAR I

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Quite the opposite.  I don't start PSL threads.  I merely defend myself and other PSL owners from attacks from the misinformed.

I enjoy putting myths to rest.  In an odd way, it shows loyalty and dedication to the team, you know, to be someone who actually isn't whining about them all the time.

SAR I

7 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

I'm sorry your sad blog gets no traffic and your troll JN strategy didn't pay off.

The 99% you refer to are 100% non-PSL owners with a grudge.  Not only don't they buy Jets tickets, but they don't click on banner ads.  You may want to rethink your marketing strategy.  A pro-PSL blog might actually generate revenue.  Rent a bi-plane.  Paint a banner.

SAR I

4 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Anyone who buys bought a PSL doesn't have a clue anyway !!!

Corrected.

You realize the PSL process occurred in 2008, yes?  You act like this is new news, like this is a relevant conversation affecting thousands of people.

Tell me, where did you go on vacation in 2008?  How much did it cost?  Do you smoke cigarettes?  Do you drink regularly?  Do you own a dog?

SAR I

34 minutes ago, jetophile said:

The New Dump is what it is. PSLs were presented as an investment - and don't anyone lie about it - it was presented as an investment. If you bought in believing that you were making an investment, you made a bad choice as an investment. 

Remember the original exclusive auction? Hahaha. What a disaster for Woody Johnson. The stock market dipped in the preceding month. Only the Jets; and they eventually gave money BACK to people because of gouging. You can't find anything on it now, but we were all following it as Jets fans. 

Listen, anyone happy with their PSLs, enjoy them in good health.  I'm just kinda tired of the dung slinging and the mathematics of how much blah blah blah blah divided by blah blah blah divided by our shared barn t-squared = blah blah blah PSL win. Point is, if you're cool with what you have in The New Dump, don't put anyone else down for crapping on it.  It's mindless at this juncture. 

"You PSL owners should shut up and let us take a warm sh-t on you and your stadium.  You need to keep quiet and stop pushing back with the truth so we can entertain ourselves at your expense with lies."

SAR I

I'm sorry your sad blog gets no traffic and your troll JN strategy didn't pay off.
The 99% you refer to are 100% non-PSL owners with a grudge.  Not only don't they buy Jets tickets, but they don't click on banner ads.  You may want to rethink your marketing strategy.  A pro-PSL blog might actually generate revenue.  Rent a bi-plane.  Paint a banner.
SAR I

Sad blog???
Marketing strategy??
Generate revenue?

Sorry but I have no idea WTF you are braying about, Don Quixote. But go ahead. Keep jousting at your windmill and maybe that and whatever you are drinking will make you feel better about coughing up 16K for the right to sit in the EZ second level.

As for me, just happy that I found a way to get out of that Madoff like "investment" and will be able to pick the games and seats of my choice at less than face value for as long as I want to from 2017 onward

I was a STH in the old stadium for about 18 years. I had tixx with 7 friends, and even got on the waitlist again in 1994 and eventually got 4 mote in anticipation of having kids to take someday. I was excited for the new stadium. By 2008 I had 2 sons, 5 & 7... When all was said and done, after much back-and-forth with the Jets, I decided that I didn't want to pay $80,000 in PSLs plus $12,000 in tickets a year - and, no offense to those of you that do, but I didn't want to sit in the corners, end zones, in the upper deck, etc. I spent years moving from the corner to the 50, didn't want to go back outside the 35s, and at a premium. When SAR posts the photos of his seats, I'm sure he sees the near corner endzone. All I can see is the far corner, it seems so far away, and half the game is played there. But that's my preference. As much as I have always enjoyed the tailgate and the rest of the experience, seeing the game has always been my priority. Add to that the fact that, with kids sports and other activities, I would have been selling all but a few games every year. So we end up going to all of the games that we can via StubHub etc., and sit in the seats we want - or club corner freebies from a vendor I work with.

Any way, my point is, SAR and others are happy with their decision. I, and others like me, are happy as well. I do feel the Jets have lost any semblence of a home-field advantage, but that will probably come back in Nov-Dec of any year that they are above .500 through October. It's 2016, this PSL discussion is tired, and should be put to bed.

6 minutes ago, isired said:

I was a STH in the old stadium for about 18 years. I had tixx with 7 friends, and even got on the waitlist again in 1994 and eventually got 4 mote in anticipation of having kids to take someday. I was excited for the new stadium. By 2008 I had 2 sons, 5 & 7... When all was said and done, after much back-and-forth with the Jets, I decided that I didn't want to pay $80,000 in PSLs plus $12,000 in tickets a year - and, no offense to those of you that do, but I didn't want to sit in the corners, end zones, in the upper deck, etc. I spent years moving from the corner to the 50, didn't want to go back outside the 35s, and at a premium. When SAR posts the photos of his seats, I'm sure he sees the near corner endzone. All I can see is the far corner, it seems so far away, and half the game is played there. But that's my preference. As much as I have always enjoyed the tailgate and the rest of the experience, seeing the game has always been my priority. Add to that the fact that, with kids sports and other activities, I would have been selling all but a few games every year. So we end up going to all of the games that we can via StubHub etc., and sit in the seats we want - or club corner freebies from a vendor I work with.

Any way, my point is, SAR and others are happy with their decision. I, and others like me, are happy as well. I do feel the Jets have lost any semblence of a home-field advantage, but that will probably come back in Nov-Dec of any year that they are above .500 through October. It's 2016, this PSL discussion is tired, and should be put to bed.

Deciding not to spend 92 grand for Jet tickets in 2008 tells me you are fiscally shrewd.

Just curious, when do you feel is the best time to lock in Jet tickets on SH?

Do you pick your games as soon as they are posted before the season or do you wait until right before the game, roll the dice and try to get a better value?

6 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Deciding not to spend 92 grand for Jet tickets in 2008 tells me you are fiscally shrewd.

Just curious, when do you feel is the best time to lock in Jet tickets on SH?

Do you pick your games as soon as they are posted before the season or do you wait until right before the game, roll the dice and try to get a better value?

I mostly buy the morning of the games and so far I was able to go to every game below face. This includes season openers as well. 

Archived