PSL Fool's Gold - (good read)

David Harris

52 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

STAY AT HOME. Why go see this product anyway?

Season ticket holders know that any NFL team is lucky to have a 5 year run every 10 years, so in our minds we are programmed to understand that we will have to suffer through many down years in exchange for the fun of the up years.  Let's look at the last 10 years:

2007 4-12
2008 9-7*
2009 9-7*
2010 11-5*
2011 8-8
2012 6-10
2013 8-8
2014 4-12
2015 10-6*
2016 5-11

In a 10 year period, that's 4 winning seasons, 6 non-losing seasons, and 2 playoff appearances which is well above average in the NFL.  So while the 4 losing seasons suck, the other 6 were exciting into December, look at most NFL teams over the last 10 years we actually had it good.  So this "stay home" philosophy may work for non-season ticket holders, but for those that pay for season tickets we understand that losing is part of the mix. 

Case in point, the upcoming Patriots contest.  Do I sell my seats, pout, make a profit, and stay home?  Or do I go to a game that might unexpectedly turn into a thrilling win as Bryce Petty takes the training wheels off and flashes as a legitimate NFL starter?  See, it's the hope of something good happening that keeps the season ticket holder attending games whereas the more logical stay-at-home TV fan only shows when things are looking up.

SAR I

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I think this puts PSLs into perspective more than your other arguments.  Many people look at the now instead of the long term.  I am surprised that your bill for 4 season tickets is lower than $6k for the year.  For some reason I remember paying $11k for bucs season tickets 7 years ago.

My math is 4 seats at $130 and 1 parking pass at $35.  That's $5,500 a year.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PSL's were a cash and grab scheme to help defray the costs of the stadium and with that Woody Johnson thought the Jets would get good he has your PSL money so he could raise ticket prices all he wanted and you had no choice but to pay the price. Other than having your PSL money the Jets never got good so thats why there hasnt been much if any of an increase in ticket prices but concessions have risen. Woody Johnson is rich for a reason mainly because he's not stupid. 

Woody Johnson is rich because of the perception that the New York Jets are a thriving business.  The value of his franchise is determined no differently than Apple or another blue chip stock, it's all about how sales are performing in the near-term and what the outlook is in the long-term.

With about 95% of the PSL seats sold and 80% of the non-PSL seats sold, Woody Johnson's Jets are in fine shape.  Even in down Idzik/Ryan years, we are tied for #3 in attendance in the NFL and #1 in attendance in the AFC, we are in the world's #1 market for NFL football with a NY metro population of 20M people, we are in a high tourist destination zone for out of town fans, there is no downside.  With a stadium we now have ownership in, we reap 100% of the profits on the 10 days a year we use it and only get hit for 50% of the losses on the days it sits empty.

The PSL money is so small, so chump-change compared to everything else, it's not even a rounding error in the Jets valuation math.  Mr. Johnson bought the Jets for $635M and today it is worth $2.8 Billion.  If you look at the valuation breakdown (below) it's because of the sport, the market, and the stadium.  The brand (fans like us) is less than 8% of the total value.  So some boycott does nothing except make you feel like you are protesting.

SAR I

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:z4e7idjiSsoJ:www.forbes.com/teams/new-york-jets/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Certainly cant blame people for being upset with PSLs. The big part of the problem is that the Jets stink and have pretty much stunk since they went into effect. For a big period of time in there the team also looked like it wasnt spending money. Whether it was the cap issues of 2011 and 2012, Idziks strange plan in 2013 and 2014 and even this years group in 2016 people are going to question why they arent putting a consistently good product on the field. Though the team hasnt hit the lowest points the fact is they are close to being  back into the 70s in terms of years without even a playoff appearance. The team itself is also not very open with anyone about much anything.  At least with the Rex/Tannenbaum group or Herman Edwards there was a more open relationship with the media/fans about stuff. Now its just nothing and its been that way for 4 years.

Unfortunately if you bought a PSL you are stuck. You cant walk away as easily from the seats as in the past.  They dont give you anything extra on gameday if you go and the stadium never really produced anything special to at least make it an event even with the bad product on the field. 

7 minutes ago, jason423 said:

Certainly cant blame people for being upset with PSLs. The big part of the problem is that the Jets stink and have pretty much stunk since they went into effect. For a big period of time in there the team also looked like it wasnt spending money. Whether it was the cap issues of 2011 and 2012, Idziks strange plan in 2013 and 2014 and even this years group in 2016 people are going to question why they arent putting a consistently good product on the field. Though the team hasnt hit the lowest points the fact is they are close to being  back into the 70s in terms of years without even a playoff appearance. The team itself is also not very open with anyone about much anything.  At least with the Rex/Tannenbaum group or Herman Edwards there was a more open relationship with the media/fans about stuff. Now its just nothing and its been that way for 4 years.

Unfortunately if you bought a PSL you are stuck. You cant walk away as easily from the seats as in the past.  They dont give you anything extra on gameday if you go and the stadium never really produced anything special to at least make it an event even with the bad product on the field. 

You can in fact walk away. But you lose what ever PSL fees you have already paid.The  IRS does not consider it an asset nor an investment, though anyone using it for business purposes can write that part off anyway. No NFL team is suing it's own fans to demand you live up to the PSL agreement.  And really it was a scam to begin with. 

1 hour ago, jason423 said:

PSLOWNERS_zpsf6c3074c.jpg

Just so everyone understands, if you sat all the people who wrote PSL checks to the Jets back in 2008 and 2009 next to each other, they would occupy slightly more than 1/2 of the upper deck of MetLife Stadium.  Photo above is a good illustration of just how small the PSL owner group is.

With 27,000 Upper Deck seats with $0 PSL on them, there are only 55,000 seats for PSL + Club combined, take out a few thousand for the really pricey Coaches Club and luxury suites, divide by the average number of seats per account (3) and you are left with around 16,000 people who laid down the money to buy PSL's and get off the waiting list.

Just pointing out that this big "PSL is the Devil" drama applies to a tiny fraction of the millions of Jets fans out there, and in a town with 20 million people, finding 16,000 of them who are diehard Jets fans and make a comfortable enough salary to commit to the whopping $10 a ticket the PSL adds is nothing.  And, by the way, if we ever become an elite team again, there are so few people pulling the strings on PSL's finding a buyer at or above face value to buy the remainder of the licenses becomes very easy in this market.

You people are crying over the discretionary income that rich New Yorkers have and choose to spend on the Jets.  You really should stop.

SAR I

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

PSL's were a cash and grab scheme to help defray the costs of the stadium . 

They were much more than this.

They were a financial mechanism to end the Giant Stadium ticket broker scam perpetuated by people with great seats who profited for decades on the backs of their fellow Jets fans.  Just look at yourself.  Had the Jets allowed you to keep your seating location with no price increase and no PSL, you'd be foolish to give them up.  Instead of giving you squatters-rights to make a buck the Jets took that flexibility for themselves and allowed wait listers to finally get dibs on the seats to boot.

PSL's were the best thing that ever happened to Jets fans born after 1965 who didn't have a father or grandfather who supported the AFL.  It was the key to unlocking the stadium doors and letting us in for the very first time.  It's why this anti-PSL talk is so ironic. The only people complaining are the ones who didn't give the money they took from the team back to the team. The rest of us?  We would never have seen great seats in our lifetimes if not for PSL's.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

They were much more than this.

They were a financial mechanism to end the Giant Stadium ticket broker scam perpetuated by people with great seats who profited for decades on the backs of their fellow Jets fans.  Just look at yourself.  Had the Jets allowed you to keep your seating location with no price increase and no PSL, you'd be foolish to give them up.  Instead of giving you squatters-rights to make a buck the Jets took that money for themselves and allowed wait listers to finally get dibs on the seats to boot.

PSL's were the best thing that ever happened to Jets fans born after 1965 who didn't have a father or grandfather who supported the AFL.  It was the key to unlocking the stadium doors and letting us in for the very first time.

SAR I

PSL's assured fans would be in the seats they locked you into a contract you paid the PSL fee and the season ticket package regardless of what the price was or you walked away and lost your deposit or full PSL payment however you chose to pay. If the team stunk they had you locked in and if the team did well they raised ticket prices and still had you locked in. Many who own PSL's dont attend games they sell them hoping to profit and pay off the initial PSL. 

You SAR I are a minority when you think its all fans like you because it isn't. 

joewilly12 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

PSL's assured fans would be in the seats they locked you into a contract you paid the PSL fee and the season ticket package regardless of what the price was or you walked away and lost your deposit or full PSL payment however you chose to pay. If the team stunk they had you locked in and if the team did well they raised ticket prices and still had you locked in. Many who own PSL's dont attend games they sell them hoping to profit and pay off the initial PSL. 

You SAR I are a minority when you think its all fans like you because it isn't. 

joewilly12 

I'm locked into a 30 year contract that I can walk away from at any time.  If I fail to pay my season ticket bill next April the Jets would take back my seats and offer them to someone else.  There is no fine, there is no penalty, there is no mark on my credit history, there are no legal ramifications.

There are so few fans who wrote checks to the Jets it's a non-issue.  There are so many millionaires and young entrepreneurs in Manhattan, those who dump their PSL's are quickly replaced.  And those who are smart enough to keep their PSL's during these tough times will be rewarded when it's our turn to find the coach, find the quarterback, and have a decade of playoff runs.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I'm locked into a 30 year contract that I can walk away from at any time.  If I fail to pay my season ticket bill next April the Jets would take back my seats and offer them to someone else.  There is no fine, there is no penalty, there is no mark on my credit history, there are no legal ramifications.

There are so few fans who wrote checks to the Jets it's a non-issue.  There are so many millionaires and young entrepreneurs in Manhattan, those who dump their PSL's are quickly replaced.  And those who are smart enough to keep their PSL's during these tough times will be rewarded when it's our turn to find the coach, find the quarterback, and have a decade of playoff runs.

SAR I

30 year contract? Do you actually own them for good after that? Like a mortgage?

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am but a mere amateur economist, but I would guess that being born the heir to a $70 billion corporation also has something to do with why Woody Johnson is rich.

Yes, but I was talking about "Jets rich" not "family rich".  He is both.

Instagram sold for $1 billion dollars.  If Woody Johnson sold the Jets today he would walk away with a proft of $2 billion.  We all respect the young dudes who created Instagram.  We should do likewise for the older gentleman who created the Jets In Their Own Stadium.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

No argument and many dont attend games they sell them or corporations give them away the fan base at games changed drastically and I'm not going to argue the fact that in my opinion diehard NY Jets arent in those seats week after week like prior to the PSL's. 

joewilly12

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No argument and many dont attend games they sell them or corporations give them away the fan base at games changed drastically and I'm not going to argue the fact that in my opinion diehard NY Jets arent in those seats week after week like prior to the PSL's. 

joewilly12

Agree on all points.

But agree with me that 1) PSL's aren't a financial hardship to those who bought them and 2) the Jets did the right thing by instituting them.

With that, we'll be able to leave PSL owners alone and end this myth that PSL's were a failure and that Woody Johnson is anti-fan.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Agree on all points.

But agree with me that 1) PSL's aren't a financial hardship to those who bought them and 2) the Jets did the right thing by instituting them.

With that, we'll be able to leave PSL owners alone and end this myth that PSL's were a failure and that Woody Johnson is anti-fan.

SAR I

Agree they made it affordable for those that wanted them.

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree they made it affordable for those that wanted them.

That wasn't what I was looking for.

It was also a very good mechanism to sweep out those selfish fans who were only out to make a buck for themselves, end the ticket broker scam, and open up all those seats for true Jets fans as well as those on the waiting list.

Say you agree.

SAR I

40 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

30 year contract? Do you actually own them for good after that? Like a mortgage?

Not stated but implied. 

The agreement states that the duration of the PSL and my ability to renew season tickets in that location lasts for 30 years which is the expected lifespan of MetLife Stadium.  I am free to transfer the license to another party and collect money for the license as I see fit, no cap, no floor, so long as I fill out a form and pay the Jets a small processing fee, I think it's $100.

Should the stadium last more than 30 years, I'm assuming the Jets would just grandfather our PSL commitments along as a gesture of good will as they figure out when the next stadium will be built and want to retain us as future PSL 2.0 owners.

The genius in the PSL is that it's a consistent and repeating payday for the current owner and the next owner.  If most owners get a team in their 50's and have a 30 year stadium duration, by the time they are in their 80's they ensure their children (or a new buyer the heirs choose to sell to) have a fanbase that is used to PSL's and ready to spend again for another 30 years.  Both the owners and their fans "age" together, every 30 years a new generation of season ticket holders gets a new stadium.  And new stadiums mean big bucks for the children of owners or brand new owners.

SAR I

Link showing how the value of a team breaks out.  First is value of the league, second is value of the market, third is value of the stadium, fourth is value of the brand.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:z4e7idjiSsoJ:www.forbes.com/teams/new-york-jets/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That wasn't what I was looking for.

It was also a very good mechanism to sweep out those selfish fans who were only out to make a buck for themselves, end the ticket broker scam, and open up all those seats for true Jets fans as well as those on the waiting list.

SAR I

SAR I theres a new selfish fan base that is doing the exact same thing there are more opposing teams fans than ever at the stadium. The NFL and the Jets is allowing ticket sales back in the day when I had my 6 tickets you werent allowed to sell them and when you did you took a risk of losing them. 

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not stated but implied. 

The agreement states that the duration of the PSL and my ability to renew season tickets in that location lasts for 30 years which is the expected lifespan of MetLife Stadium.  I am free to transfer the license to another party and collect money for the license as I see fit, no cap, no floor, so long as I fill out a form and pay the Jets a small processing fee, I think it's $100.

Should the stadium last more than 30 years, I'm assuming the Jets would just grandfather our PSL commitments along as a gesture of good will as they figure out when the next stadium will be built and want to retain us as future PSL 2.0 owners.

The genius in the PSL is that it's a consistent and repeating payday for the current owner and the next owner.  If most owners get a team in their 50's and have a 30 year stadium duration, by the time they are in their 80's they ensure their children (or a new buyer the heirs choose to sell to) have a fanbase that is used to PSL's and ready to spend again for another 30 years.  Both the owners and their fans "age" together, every 30 years a new generation of season ticket holders gets a new stadium.  And new stadiums mean big bucks for the children of owners or brand new owners.

SAR I

How do you feel about the facts that:

1) after 30 years, this current stadium will in all likelihood be razed and we will all forced to pay new PSL's (or whatever ****in ripoff mechanism they come up with

and

2) MetLife stadium is a drab, soul-less, boring, nightmare-to-get-out-of piece of sh*t, and there's no denying it.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I theres a new selfish fan base that is doing the exact same thing there are more opposing teams fans than ever at the stadium. The NFL and the Jets is allowing ticket sales back in the day when I had my 6 tickets you werent allowed to sell them and when you did you took a risk of losing them.

There is a difference, a big one.  Your $90 lower bowl 50 yard line seat in Giants Stadium could sell for $300 or more, major major profits were to be made by dumping tickets, holding onto your deceased grandfathers tickets, your nursing home uncle's tickets, the more tickets you horded the more money you made.

That's not the case today as the lower level seats I'm describing already have a face value of $400 or more.  In fact, all lower level and mezzanine sideline views in the stadium have face values north of $200.

Today's fanbase puts up tickets not to make a buck, but because they can't go.  This allows tickets to be sold below face value and puts younger Jets fans without deep pockets into seats each Sunday, it's a good thing.

We aren't selfish because we aren't trying to make a profit off of Jets fans backs.  What we are doing is selling our tickets at bargain prices and taking losses, very unselfish.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is a difference, a big one.  Your $90 lower bowl 50 yard line seat in Giants Stadium could sell for $300 or more, major major profits were to be made by dumping tickets, holding onto your deceased grandfathers tickets, your nursing home uncle's tickets, the more tickets you horded the more money you made.

That's not the case today as the lower level seats I'm describing already have a face value of $400 or more.  In fact, all lower level and mezzanine sideline views in the stadium have face values north of $200.

Today's fanbase puts up tickets not to make a buck, but because they can't go.  This allows tickets to be sold below face value and puts younger Jets fans without deep pockets into seats each Sunday, it's a good thing.

We aren't selfish because we aren't trying to make a profit off of Jets fans backs.  What we are doing is selling our tickets at bargain prices and taking losses, very unselfish.

SAR I

You yourself said you make a profit.....which is it.

6 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

How do you feel about the facts that:

1) after 30 years, this current stadium will in all likelihood be razed and we will all forced to pay new PSL's (or whatever ****in ripoff mechanism they come up with

and

2) MetLife stadium is a drab, soul-less, boring, nightmare-to-get-out-of piece of sh*t, and there's no denying it.

Fair questions, my answers:

30 Year Shelf Life:  I bought the PSL when I was 46 and I will see the PSL expire when I am 76.  That's enough for me, by the time I am 76 I likely won't have the stamina for a full day at MetLife 8x a year.  My children will be in their low 40s and mid 30s and if they can afford annual season tickets I will of course renew my PSL in a new stadium and sign the rights over to them as the ultimate gesture from one fan generation to the next.

Stadium Design:  In my life I have been to Shea Stadium, Giants Stadium, Yankee Stadium x3, CitiField, Nassau Colosseum, Madison Square Garden, Izod Center, Barclay Center, West Point Stadium, and NFL stadiums in Miami, New England x2, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Green Bay, Indianapolis, and San Diego and they all look the same, they are all concrete, they all have dark corridors, they all have escalators, they all have parking lots, there is nothing special about one building over another.  What matters is what goes on in the bowl and the Jets have as much green and white happening as the Patriots have red white and blue happening or the Steelers have yellow and black happening.  If you think that fake bricks on the outside of Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium helps the Colts win more games than the aluminum louvers on the outside of MetLife Stadium helps the Jets and Giants I don't know what to tell you.  It makes no difference.

Stadium Egress:  The new stadium design of four pie-shaped zones makes it easier and safer than ever to get 82,500 people out of a building.  The 76,000 at Giants Stadium ran around the interior of the stadium, banging into each other, causing traffic jams.  The new segregated design restores order.  I've never crashed into another fan in MetLife and this used to be a daily occurrence at Giants Stadium.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

You spelled *dumb wrong.

I go to a Burger King drivethru every once in awhile for the kids, sometimes I pay cash.  When they give me change, I keep the bills and throw the coins on the ground, I just look the server in the eye, turn my hand 45 degrees, and let them fall to the ground.  They jingle.  She makes a disbelieving face.

It doesn't make me dumb.  It makes me financially secure enough not to care.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Fair questions, my answers:

30 Year Shelf Life:  I bought the PSL when I was 46 and I will see the PSL expire when I am 76.  That's enough for me, by the time I am 76 I likely won't have the stamina for a full day at MetLife 8x a year.  My children will be in their low 40s and mid 30s and if they can afford annual season tickets I will of course renew my PSL in a new stadium and sign the rights over to them as the ultimate gesture from one fan generation to the next.

Stadium Design:  In my life I have been to Shea Stadium, Giants Stadium, Yankee Stadium x3, CitiField, Nassau Colosseum, Madison Square Garden, Izod Center, Barclay Center, West Point Stadium, and NFL stadiums in Miami, New England x2, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Green Bay, Indianapolis, and San Diego and they all look the same, they are all concrete, they all have dark corridors, they all have escalators, they all have parking lots, there is nothing special about one building over another.  What matters is what goes on in the bowl and the Jets have as much green and white happening as the Patriots have red white and blue happening or the Steelers have yellow and black happening.  If you think that fake bricks on the outside of Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium helps the Colts win more games than the aluminum louvers on the outside of MetLife Stadium helps the Jets and Giants I don't know what to tell you.  It makes no difference.

Stadium Egress:  The new stadium design of four pie-shaped zones makes it easier and safer than ever to get 82,500 people out of a building.  The 76,000 at Giants Stadium ran around the interior of the stadium, banging into each other, causing traffic jams.  The new segregated design restores order.  I've never crashed into another fan in MetLife and this used to be a daily occurrence at Giants Stadium.

SAR I

while predictable, your answers to the 30 years and Stadium Design points are fair and well thought out.

the Egress thing is indefensible.  If you think it is FASTER to get out of Metlife than it was Giants Stadium, you are just deluding yourself. Giants Stadium had 8 spirals that were very fast to get down, even from the upper tier, and 3 escalators at all 4 gates that went directly to each level.

MetLife makes you snake through the entire lower level just to get to the mezzanine (which is where I sit, and where I know you sit).  It is completely ridiculous.  What's more is that the escalators,  as they did Sunday, frequently break down and strand people in one of the ridiculous, bifurcated lines they create.  Even for a sparsely attended game like the remaining games will be, it takes me no less than 20 minutes to get out of MetLife from my seats in Section 204. It took me about 3 minutes to get out of Giants Stadium from Section 308.  The way it is currently set up is completely ridiculous and DANGEROUS.  If there is ever an incident, heaven forbid, many people could die.

In fact, the other day I instituted a complaint with the NJ Division of Fire Safety about this very thing, as the Jets and Giants have repeatedly refused to listen.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I go to a Burger King drivethru every once in awhile for the kids, sometimes I pay cash.  When they give me change, I keep the bills and throw the coins on the ground, I just look the server in the eye, turn my hand 45 degrees, and let them fall to the ground.  They jingle.  She makes a disbelieving face.

It doesn't make me dumb.  It makes me financially secure enough not to care.

SAR I

No this makes you a dick, actually. LOL

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You yourself said you make a profit.....which is it.

What I said is that between the profits I can make on great games (Patriots, Steelers, 2x face value) and the games I have to take losses on (Jaguars, Bucs, Preseason, 1/2 face value or worse) in the grand scheme of all 65 games played at MetLife Stadium for which perhaps I could not attend 13, in those 13 games I have broken even or made a small profit.

If net-net for those 13 games I walk away plus $150 in my pocket that pales in comparison with people I know whose Shea Stadium AFL grandfather was in a nursing home and they sold his 12 Jets season tickets on the 40 yard line in Giants Stadium to brokers and walked away with close to $20,000 tax free profit per year for over 20 years.  Think about that.

Let's not play with facts here.  No current MetLife PSL owner is getting rich.  What was going on in Giants Stadium was a travesty.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

No this makes you a dick, actually. LOL

Yeah, LOL, I knew telling the truth was going to paint me in a negative light. But truth is I have no use for coins and letting the change hit the ground is more convenient than putting them in my pocket, taking them home, throwing them in some jar, etc.

Analogous to what happens to the dollars I lose when I sell Jets/Bills Week 17 tickets on Stubhub and lose $75 per ticket.  What's that they say?  If you have to think about what a vacation costs, you shouldn't take vacation.  Sort of like that.  I budget myself for my Jets tickets, the money is spent in April, I don't think about it after that.  I just hope to go to as many games as I can and have a great time while I'm there.

SAR I

Well, there is SOMETHING to be said about being a Jets STH, mine has been mostly positive.

I was on the waitlist since I was 15 in '95 and snatched up SeasonTix during the "lame duck exodus" of 2009.  I've had my PSL seats since 2010 and had them fully paid off by 2013 (saved 1 year's worth of interest$$$).

I have used my tickets for EVERY GAME thru 2013 and then started selling 2/3 tix for certain games and keeping one for myself from 2014-present. Usually broke even or used all three seats for myself as a stadium couch to spread out and to stand on. 

This year I have used all 3 of my tickets for the Preseason, Bengals opener, and the Seattle game with family. 

I've been able to sell the Ravens, Pats, and just during lunch I was notified of the Bills tickets being sold as well. All for profit except the Ravens. In 2014 I was "rewarded" by the Jets with a "PSL gift" of free tickets to see Ireland v. CR7's Portugal in a run-up to the WC w/on field passes AND got to meet Mo and a few other Jets inside the 50 yard Club as we watched the game w/open bar and food. 

This past Sunday at the Rams game I used all 3 tickets and "won" 3 round trip airfare to ANY JetBLue destination (going to book at Cartagena, Lima, and Havana). The weak Jets Rewards program has also netted me: a Jets mouse, Jets wineglasses, and a signed Shaun Ellis poster. 

The stadium PSL has given early access to: Copa America Centenario Finals, VIP GnR Tickets, Priortiy access and seating to Argentina games at Meadowlands, Bruce Springstein Tix, and ability to meet Wayne Chrebet and get my 1997 authentic jersey signed by him at the 2014 SB Jets House.

The priority access to the Non-Jets events alone have VALIDATED the $13/ticket cost premium of the PSL amortized over the life of Metlife Stadium. For me, they have been MORE than worth it.:)

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Well, there is SOMETHING to be said about being a Jets STH, mine has been mostly positive.

I was on the waitlist since I was 15 in '95 and snatched up SeasonTix during the "lame duck exodus" of 2009.  I've had my PSL seats since 2010 and had them fully paid off by 2013 (saved 1 year's worth of interest$$$).

I have used my tickets for EVERY GAME thru 2013 and then started selling 2/3 tix for certain games and keeping one for myself from 2014-present. Usually broke even or used all three seats for myself as a stadium couch to spread out and to stand on. 

This year I have used all 3 of my tickets for the Preseason, Bengals opener, and the Seattle game with family. 

I've been able to sell the Ravens, Pats, and just during lunch I was notified of the Bills tickets being sold as well. All for profit except the Ravens. In 2014 I was "rewarded" by the Jets with a "PSL gift" of free tickets to see Ireland v. CR7's Portugal in a run-up to the WC w/on field passes AND got to meet Mo and a few other Jets inside the 50 yard Club as we watched the game w/open bar and food. 

This past Sunday at the Rams game I used all 3 tickets and "won" 3 round trip airfare to ANY JetBLue destination (going to book at Cartagena, Lima, and Havana). The weak Jets Rewards program has also netted me: a Jets mouse, Jets wineglasses, and a signed Shaun Ellis poster. 

The stadium PSL has given early access to: Copa America Centenario Finals, VIP GnR Tickets, Priortiy access and seating to Argentina games at Meadowlands, Bruce Springstein Tix, and ability to meet Wayne Chrebet and get my 1997 authentic jersey signed by him at the 2014 SB Jets House.

The priority access to the Non-Jets events alone have VALIDATED the $13/ticket cost premium of the PSL amortized over the life of Metlife Stadium. For me, they have been MORE than worth it.:)

Thats great congrats I just hope the Jets dont do to you what they did to many of us who used to be dedicated season ticket holders pre-PSL's we paid our renewals year after year  approximately 23 years for me without payment options without any rewards besides a refrigerator schedule magnet. The option to purchaser the PSL for 2 of my seats wasnt worth it for me and the relocation offer wasnt where I wanted to sit. Buyer beware it will happen again, 

51 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The option to purchaser the PSL for 2 of my seats wasnt worth it for me and the relocation offer wasnt where I wanted to sit. Buyer beware it will happen again, 

No one can predict what will happen in 2040 when the next stadium is built, but I don't see it being as disruptive as the transition from Giants Stadium to MetLife Stadium.

Giants Stadium had very few luxury boxes, zero Club's, zero Club seats, narrow corridors, limited concourses, restricted food areas, an upper deck with great views, and ticket prices that were flat across almost all sections.

The transition from MetLife Stadium 24 years from now won't go through this type of upheaval, will probably follow a similar seating format to what we have now.

SAR I

On 11/15/2016 at 10:58 AM, SAR I said:

Look at the person who wrote that article, read the quote above.

More sour grapes from someone who had the best seats in the house for 30 years (131 was on the 50 yard line) for the same $25 per game as someone in the upper deck paid in those days who sold his tickets for huge money to scalpers, probably put him through college, and is now whining.  Pathetic.

That bastard didn't cry for me when I was on the waiting list and his daddy was selling $25 seats on the 50 yard line for $250 to shady ticket brokers so excuse me if I don't cry for him when the shoe is on the other foot.   

SAR I

yah a guy on the 50 yard line complaining about his seats is the last person i'd feel sorry for.  he'd sell 2 games a year and it would pay for the entire year and drinks at the stadium.  

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes, but I was talking about "Jets rich" not "family rich".  He is both.

Instagram sold for $1 billion dollars.  If Woody Johnson sold the Jets today he would walk away with a proft of $2 billion.  We all respect the young dudes who created Instagram.  We should do likewise for the older gentleman who created the Jets In Their Own Stadium.

SAR I

So we should respect members of the Lucky Sperm Club?

Archived