PSL Fool's Gold - (good read)

David Harris

6 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Keep jousting at your windmill and maybe that and whatever you are drinking will make you feel better about coughing up 16K for the right to sit in the EZ second level.

As for me, just happy that I found a way to get out of that Madoff like "investment" and will be able to pick the games and seats of my choice at less than face value for as long as I want to from 2017 onward

You don't need to worry about how I spend my fun money.  If $16,000 over 30 years means the world to you, you shouldn't be attending live NFL games.  Think about what you could do with that $533 each year.  I mean, that's a single monthly payment on a Ford Fiesta.  Go for it.

As for the way you avoid spending money on the true season ticket experience and stream games, remember, I'm the person that's putting my seats on the aftermarket on the cheap.  Be nice to me.  I'm your pusher.  I can cut you off at any time.

SAR I

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jets_Win said:

IMO NFL ticket pricing is a rip-off in general. 

jetsickts_zpsuo2qubbp.jpg

Of course it is.

This $13.00 ticket is valued at $32.00 in today's dollars, ticket prices have risen 4X since then, it's not like attending live sporting events is a poor-man's game any more.  I used to be able to scrape together paper route money to buy a ticket off a friend, not so today.

That's why the anti-PSL rhetoric is so silly.  The issue isn't a license.  The issue is that sporting events are a luxury now.  And the Jets?  Talk to me about the Yankees and the Rangers, their prices are outrageous compared to the NFL.  Jets tickets are actually a New York bargain, even with the dreaded PSL.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, isired said:

Any way, my point is, SAR and others are happy with their decision. I, and others like me, are happy as well. I do feel the Jets have lost any semblence of a home-field advantage, but that will probably come back in Nov-Dec of any year that they are above .500 through October. It's 2016, this PSL discussion is tired, and should be put to bed.

You had 18 years in Giants Stadium in fantastic seats and made way for others off the waitlist to get their turn.  It works for you, it works for me.

As for viewing location, I find that you get used to what you get used to.  Once you were in the lower level on the 50 I can see how you wouldn't want to compromise.  For me, I have always been in the Mezzanine towards one of the endzones and I love that view, I think it's a great perspective.  If being midfield meant that much to me I'd have just bought Mezzanine Club seats, just wasn't worth the money.

As for the PSL discussion, it predictably comes up when the Jets are playing very badly, it becomes some sad 'I told you so' moment for the PSL-haters who don't get the fact that the Jets and the fanbase have moved on without them.  They tend to forget that only 16,000 people actually hold the rights to all the PSL's and it's a town with 20 million people.

SAR I

20 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I mostly buy the morning of the games and so far I was able to go to every game below face. This includes season openers as well. 

18 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

THAT... says it all.

As a Stubhub seller, I find that there are two waves of fans. 

The first group, mostly out of towners, birthday gift givers, or fans of the opponent, they tend to buy early and lock in their location, they don't want to wait it out.  They pay a premium, they aren't cheap, they will pay above face to buy from someone trusted, instant download, great location, get the stress over with.

The second group, mostly local Jets fans with kids on a budget, they say they want to wait it out but they get itchy by Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.  They wind up paying below face, but not by much.

There is a third group, those who live nearby looking for a flea market bargain, and they buy tickets from desperate people Sunday morning leaving them just enough time to get to the game.  I don't cater to these people.  I'd rather see my $130 aisle seat sit there empty than sell it to someone for $30 on principle.  Plus, I get the fun of waiting for someone to slide down and sit there and then I text stadium security and have them removed.  That's worth $130 right there.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is a third group, those who live nearby looking for a flea market bargain, and they buy tickets from desperate people Sunday morning leaving them just enough time to get to the game.  I don't cater to these people.  I'd rather see my $130 aisle seat sit there empty than sell it to someone for $30 on principle.  Plus, I get the fun of waiting for someone to slide down and sit there and then I text stadium security and have them removed.  That's worth $130 right there.

SAR I

FYI

It isn't PSL owners who sell tickets that cheap on Sunday mornings. It is your beloved Jets. You can find a whole row on sale on Sunday mornings. Or like I Pm'ed you last Sunday, 30 yard Mez Club seats were on sale for $58 a pop. $295 face value going for one fifth of the original price. I had to be back home by 4:30 so I decided to skip the game but who do you think is selling a ticket for a one fifth of the cost? Your beloved Jets my friend. Not a PSL owner. 

Deciding not to spend 92 grand for Jet tickets in 2008 tells me you are fiscally shrewd.

Just curious, when do you feel is the best time to lock in Jet tickets on SH?

Do you pick your games as soon as they are posted before the season or do you wait until right before the game, roll the dice and try to get a better value?

Depends on the game and whether it's a 'hey we're free this Sunday and the Jets are at home' or a game we planned to go to. Seahawks game this year was planned with friends in advance and we needed 5 tixx, so we bought early and paid face value. Others we have waited until late the night before or the morning of (depending on which direction pricing and availability are moving) and have paid anywhere from 25-50% of face. All were from STH.

It's basically the same strategy for anything on StubHub. Took a trip to Jekyll Island this past Spring Break, stayed in Atlanta the first weekend and went to Mets games. Bought one set of tixx in the front row but behind the screen for about 75% face 2 mos in advance, to make sure we had them. Waited until we were in ATL and bought the others, on the dugout with valet parking, for about 25% of face. As alluded to above, number of tixx is a factor as well. 2 is easiest/most inventory, 4 is easy but if you wait to Ling can become 2, 3 is an oddball but available, 5 significantly restricts you so you just have to pay for what you see if you like it. If you're just 1, you can get in cheap and late, or just buy the cheapest ticket in and slip the guy $20-30 to let you into the best seats.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

"You PSL owners should shut up and let us take a warm sh-t on you and your stadium.  You need to keep quiet and stop pushing back with the truth so we can entertain ourselves at your expense with lies."

SAR I

Uh,  what about anyone happy with their PSLs enjoy them in good health did you miss?  All I'm saying is, it WAS indeed presented and pushed as an investment to individuals. It was never - and isn't - any such thing.  To say otherwise is flat out disingenuous. You like what you bought, you have fun, who cares? You defend The New Dump in this thread like it's a family owned restaurant that got a bad write up by a food critic about roaches in the food but how dare they not mention the stellar wine list.

As someone who streams tickets, I never use stubhub. I'm lucky enough to work for a company that is a major sponsor at the stadium & we get tickets for 30-40% off face. Obviously prices fluctuate depending on what teams are playing against us that week. 

I personally wouldn't buy a PSL, I just don't see the "investment" value in it.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

As a Stubhub seller, I find that there are two waves of fans. 

The first group, mostly out of towners, birthday gift givers, or fans of the opponent, they tend to buy early and lock in their location, they don't want to wait it out.  They pay a premium, they aren't cheap, they will pay above face to buy from someone trusted, instant download, great location, get the stress over with.

The second group, mostly local Jets fans with kids on a budget, they say they want to wait it out but they get itchy by Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.  They wind up paying below face, but not by much.

SAR I

wow, the butt hurt is strong in this one...

3 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

FYI

It isn't PSL owners who sell tickets that cheap on Sunday mornings. It is your beloved Jets. You can find a whole row on sale on Sunday mornings. Or like I Pm'ed you last Sunday, 30 yard Mez Club seats were on sale for $58 a pop. $295 face value going for one fifth of the original price. I had to be back home by 4:30 so I decided to skip the game but who do you think is selling a ticket for a one fifth of the cost? Your beloved Jets my friend. Not a PSL owner. 

I'll have to look into it on Stubhub Sunday mornings, looks like I'll have a lot more time to do it.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I'll have to look into it on Stubhub Sunday mornings, looks like I'll have a lot more time to do it.

SAR I

Please do. And I will gladly send you a PM when I see Jets dumping a whole row(Row 26 or Row 25 etc) on stubhub or Ticket Exchange well below face for that section. 

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

Uh,  what about anyone happy with their PSLs enjoy them in good health did you miss?  All I'm saying is, it WAS indeed presented and pushed as an investment to individuals. It was never - and isn't - any such thing.  To say otherwise is flat out disingenuous. You like what you bought, you have fun, who cares? You defend The New Dump in this thread like it's a family owned restaurant that got a bad write up by a food critic about roaches in the food but how dare they not mention the stellar wine list.

If one purchased a smart, desirable location it would be a good investment.  When the Jets get good again, those PSL owners can sell them off if they wanted to and make a profit.

But who exactly was in a PSL for the investment?  What numbskull would give the Jets money for a PSL where it has a timed expiration and a variable on the quality of the team?  Makes zero sense.  Never saw one poster on JI or JN saying "Woot, I just bought 4 extra PSL seats because they are going to be worth double in ten years!"  Where do you get this stuff?

I defend the stadium because the Jets and Giants did a good job. If they didn't, we wouldn't be #3 and #4 in the entire league in attendance, even in down years.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Please do. And I will gladly send you a PM when I see Jets dumping a whole row(Row 26 or Row 25 etc) on stubhub or Ticket Exchange well below face for that section. 

Cool, do that, thanks.

The stadium holds 82,500 and we are averaging 78,200, so there are always 4,300 scattered open seats in the bowls and the upper deck.  The Jets always hold entire rows for halftime entertainers, military visitors, road team's families, etc. and on days where they aren't filled I'm sure the Jets sell them off cheap.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If one purchased a smart, desirable location it would be a good investment.  When the Jets get good again, those PSL owners can sell them off if they wanted to and make a profit.

But who exactly was in a PSL for the investment?  What numbskull would give the Jets money for a PSL where it has a timed expiration and a variable on the quality of the team?  Makes zero sense.  Never saw one poster on JI or JN saying "Woot, I just bought 4 extra PSL seats because they are going to be worth double in ten years!"  Where do you get this stuff?

I defend the stadium because the Jets and Giants did a good job. If they didn't, we wouldn't be #3 and #4 in the entire league in attendance, even in down years.

SAR I

Can I throw you a curve ball? Okay. Supply and Demand. Price goes up when Supply  is limited but demand is high. Price goes down when demand is low and supply is high. 

According to the ESPN page you refer to in terms of average attendance, Jets and Giants are neck and neck.That means demand is equal and supply is equal. But in the secondary market Giants tickets are in extremely high demand but Jets tickets aren't. Giant ticket prices keep up the value therefore their entire Upper Deck is PSL. On the other hand, for Jets games you can find below face almost every game. 

Please explain to me why Giants tickets are so high demand and why Jets tickets are so low demand if average attendance is the same? 

12 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

They either dump a whole row or they comp people with tickets. There are many unsold PSL's dont let anyone tell you there isn't. 

My neighbor and dont ask me how he does it has 4 PSL's 4 Seats he owns a business and his accountant writes off the expenses. 

He offers me the tickets all the time for free as he too is sick and tired of the organization and product on the field. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They either dump a whole row or they comp people with tickets. There are many unsold PSL's dont let anyone tell you there isn't. 

My neighbor and dont ask me how he does it has 4 PSL's 4 Seats he owns a business and his accountant writes off the expenses. 

He offers me the tickets all the time for free as he too is sick and tired of the organization and product on the field. 

Too bad I don't have friends who offer me free Jet ticks. Your point is well taken. :)

4 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

I mostly buy the morning of the games and so far I was able to go to every game below face. This includes season openers as well. 

YEAH BUT WHEN THEY ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS IN 2024 THE JOKE WILL BE ON YOU.

IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

11 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

So , in other words , you are a cheap bastard .

I am not cheap but I rather pay fair market value for a product. And fair market value isn't what Jets are asking for. That said, you are "no psls" and how come they are allowing you to come back here with a different user name? You are a racist who got banned from The Gang Green for making racist comments and for being a Class A douche bag. You also got banned here but came back under a different user name. Let's see what the mods will do. @faba , @Thor99, @Sperm Edwards @JoeC36 @GreenBeans 

41 minutes ago, Maxman said:

YEAH BUT WHEN THEY ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS IN 2024 THE JOKE WILL BE ON YOU.

IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Boss

I will gladly overpay when and if Jets host a playoff game. I also won't mind traveling to see them when the play an away playoff game. Let Jets be in the playoffs and I will gladly overpay. Until then, I will pay for the fair market price. :)

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

SAR

Monday Night Colts game. Terrible value. We are out of playoff contention. Jets are selling tickets at $115 to Season Ticket Holders sitting in Sections 338 and 339. Right now they are dumping 338 and 339 tickets at $20 on stubhub to people like me. Please click on below link and check those sections. 

https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-jets-tickets-new-york-jets-east-rutherford-metlife-stadium-12-5-2016/event/9566602/?mbox=1&rS=6&abbyo=true&sliderpos=true&qtyq=false&dUpg=false&sort=price+asc

Section 338 Row 23 (1-14 tickets at $20)

Section 338 Row 24 (1-19 tickets at $22)

Don't you feel cheated? That's my point. 

You don't need to worry about how I spend my fun money.  If $16,000 over 30 years means the world to you, you shouldn't be attending live NFL games.  Think about what you could do with that $533 each year.  I mean, that's a single monthly payment on a Ford Fiesta.  Go for it.
As for the way you avoid spending money on the true season ticket experience and stream games, remember, I'm the person that's putting my seats on the aftermarket on the cheap.  Be nice to me.  I'm your pusher.  I can cut you off at any time.
SAR I

Don't worry pal. The seats I buy at less than face for the games I choose to go to will definitely not be in the crappy mezzanine end zone 200 yards away from 50% of the game play on the other side of the field. Upper deck first four rows between the 30s are a way better place to watch a game. So you will have to find somebody else to buy your bad seats

8 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

FYI

If that's true the Jets are bending their PSL ST holding fans over and not using vaseline.

I guess Woody Johnson's not such a great guy after all.

The more I read this thread the more convinced I am to dump my STs next year.

Not going to hold them until I'm 80 for a home playoff game.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Just the fact that this can happen has to p*ss you off.

4 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

If that's true the Jets are bending their PSL ST holding fans over and not using vaseline.

I guess Woody Johnson's not such a great guy after all.

The more I read this thread the more convinced I am to dump my STs next year.

Not going to hold them until I'm 80 for a home playoff game.

The NY Jets are offering seats in the PSL zones to current season ticket holders and others with no PSL fees. 

The NY Jets are also offering these seats to ticket brokers so opposing teams fans can buy them. 

What exclusive rights do PSL holders really have other than owning the license to the seats they sit in if they pay the season ticket price other fans are sitting in similar seats without the PSL charges. 

If I were a PSL member id be pissed about all this. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets are offering seats in the PSL zones to current season ticket holders and others with no PSL fees. 

The NY Jets are also offering these seats to ticket brokers so opposing teams fans can buy them. 

What exclusive rights do PSL holders really have other than owning the license to the seats they sit in if they pay the season ticket price other fans are sitting in similar seats without the PSL charges. 

If I were a PSL member id be pissed about all this. 

I knew all that but Fib said he saw Mezz Club seats being dumped by the Jets for one fifth of face value.

That's really ramming it up the *ss of every PSL STH.

13 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I knew all that but Fib said he saw Mezz Club seats being dumped by the Jets for one fifth of face value.

That's really ramming it up the *ss of every PSL STH.

FYI a friend a police officer hands me a flier NY Jets First Responders Night tickets are available for all the remaining home games discounted MANY in the PSL zones. 

The old system the stadium was really SOLD OUT unlike now.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

jetsickts_zpsuo2qubbp.jpg

Of course it is.

This $13.00 ticket is valued at $32.00 in today's dollars, ticket prices have risen 4X since then, it's not like attending live sporting events is a poor-man's game any more.  I used to be able to scrape together paper route money to buy a ticket off a friend, not so today.

That's why the anti-PSL rhetoric is so silly.  The issue isn't a license.  The issue is that sporting events are a luxury now.  And the Jets?  Talk to me about the Yankees and the Rangers, their prices are outrageous compared to the NFL.  Jets tickets are actually a New York bargain, even with the dreaded PSL.

SAR I

Rangers run a lot of discounts on seats upstairs, especially with a  group. Even Yankee and Met tickets upstairs are pretty reasonable. Only the NFL has PSLs. Prices have gone up across the spectrum. As a high schooler, and then college student,  had season tickets to the Rangers and jets with money from working as a busboy and then a bank tellers.And had no problem going to pretty much any concert I wanted to see.  NOBODY is dong that today.  Not saying "oh, the good old days, blah blah , blah" merely that kids today aren't doing those kinds of things because the prices are off the charts. Look, it's about making money. But pro sports is pricing out their future customers from live games. And not sure that's a good thing long term no matter how much money they print right now .   

Believe that Buffalo game was the game with the Campbell's Soup painters' hat giveaway, which featured Jets  fans in the upper deck setting them on fire and another fan putting said fire out ....anatomically. Or may be he didn't want to venture into the Shea bathrooms Leon Hess so loathed. 

Archived