PSL Fool's Gold - (good read)

David Harris

Geez this thread got ugly.  

Just cashed in on my Pats tickets via Stub Hub for $312/ticket  (face = $170)

Payment info
Price per ticket $312.00
Quantity x 3
Total ticket price $936.00
Service fee - $93.60

Your payment $842.40
Payment option: Pay me by PayPal
Paid to: xxxx
Order info
Order #: xxxx    |    Order date: 11/19/2016
Seller POS ID:xxxxx
New England Patriots at New York Jets at MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
Sun, 11/27/2016, 4:25 p.m. EST
Lower Prime xxx | 3 tickets
Row xxx | Seats xxxxx
Comments: Padded seats
Thanks for using StubHub!

I'd rather have the money than pay to watch this horrendous 2016 team.  Will probably blow it on Fan Duel.  LOL.  Hope next year is better.  I have one more game to unload and that's the stupid Saturday night game vs Miami. Sold Rams, Pats, Colts and Bills.  First time I've ever unloaded my tickets like this.  What a shame they gave us a bucket of horse sh!t to watch on the field this season.  Bad job by the entire jets organization.  

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

It's not even the seating so much that impresses me in the LSL sections.  It's the ease of access, bathrooms, concessions and overall environment.

Basically at Midget Stadium it could take 30 minutes to take a leak.  Now you can hit the head, grab a pretzel and beer and be back in your seat in less than 5 minutes.  

Plus when you want to live the ritzy life, the club sections are pretty darn sweet.

So I suppose I can see how some people think the stadium isn't pretty enough because it's not some architecture art statement, but I couldn't care less about that.  In fact I actually like the way it looks.  Especially lit up green at night.

To me, it does what it's supposed to do, and it does it well.

If only the Jets could do the same.

I agree with you 100%.  Moved from 245A in the corner to 135 to 137.  Everything about the Lower Sidelines/Lower Prime you write is correct including that 137 is a little too quiet compared to 135.  Now if only they could put a product on the field that is worth watching at any price.  Right now it is not and I'm calling it a season.

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Geez this thread got ugly.  

Just cashed in on my Pats tickets via Stub Hub for $312/ticket  (face = $170)

Payment info
Price per ticket $312.00
Quantity x 3
Total ticket price $936.00
Service fee - $93.60

Your payment $842.40
Payment option: Pay me by PayPal
Paid to: xxxx
Order info
Order #: xxxx    |    Order date: 11/19/2016
Seller POS ID:xxxxx
New England Patriots at New York Jets at MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
Sun, 11/27/2016, 4:25 p.m. EST
Lower Prime xxx | 3 tickets
Row xxx | Seats xxxxx
Comments: Padded seats
Thanks for using StubHub!

I'd rather have the money than pay to watch this horrendous 2016 team.  Will probably blow it on Fan Duel.  LOL.  Hope next year is better.  I have one more game to unload and that's the stupid Saturday night game vs Miami. Sold Rams, Pats, Colts and Bills.  First time I've ever unloaded my tickets like this.  What a shame they gave us a bucket of horse sh!t to watch on the field this season.  Bad job by the entire jets organization.  

Jets fans or Patriots fans buy the tickets.

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets fans or Patriots fans buy the tickets.

don't know.  Stub Hub is anonymous.  Don't care either.  I hope the entire stadium is filled with Pats fans just to embarrass the front office even more.  They suck. And every Jets fan should be furious, particularly we who fork up mega bucks to watch these fools.   I hope it wasn't a Jets fan who wasted his money on my after-market sale.  Would rather pocket the money from a Pats fan then a suffering Jets fan.

The year after giving up my season tickets the ticket office literally called me daily to buy into the PSL's or take UD seats said they didnt want to lose a longtime fan and customer part of the Jets family the representative used to say. 

So I said id like to visit and sit in LL end zone seats and if I like the view and the atmosphere I would consider buying PSL's possibly 4 at least 2. 

So they comped me for a Monday night game and when I picked up my 4 free tickets at the pickup area I saw they were in MEZZ Coaches Club something I would never buy or be able to afford with 2 kids approaching college. 

The seats were nice the lounge area was ok but expensive the Jets lost and the traffic leaving was a nightmare never experienced this log jam in the old stadium, 

So the very next morning the rep calls and says how was the game how were the seats I said the game sucked they lost he said that doesn't matter to most its the experience being there I said well it matters to me i want to win every game. 

He then said how were those seats great huh?  To which I replied I think you left me the wrong seats I was interested in LL end zone like we discussed he said no I wanted to change your mind I said well you didnt and I am still interested in the LL end zone he wanted to comp me another game but I wasnt able to agree on a game I've been buying LL end zone or using my neighbors tickets since then. 

I still get phone calls I still get mailers tells me they are far from sold out. 

i do miss the live game action the fans for the most part and the tailgating.  

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

don't know.  Stub Hub is anonymous.  Don't care either.  I hope the entire stadium is filled with Pats fans just to embarrass the front office even more.  They suck. And every Jets fan should be furious, particularly we who fork up mega bucks to watch these fools.   I hope it wasn't a Jets fan who wasted his money on my after-market sale.  Would rather pocket the money from a Pats fan then a suffering Jets fan.

Agree i hope it was a Patriots fan as well 4 jersey wearing fans let Woody Johnson see how disgusted most of you are.  

I wholeheartedly agree with Mike135 and Dcat about the LSL experience.  I never wait on concessions or bathrooms.  I am usually on Route 3 like 5 minutes after getting to my car.  I love the view, etc.

Regarding the remaining games, I, too, am disgusted by this season.  That said, I am planning to go see the Patsies since they moved it up earlier.  I have to travel for the Colts MNF one so I will sell those.  Lastly, as of now, I still plan to go to the Saturday night and New Years Day games.  They will be nice bookends to the year end holiday vacation.

Finally, is anyone familiar with Decision Fatigue and the Paradox of Choice?  More reasons why I love having Season Tix.  My default action is to attend the games.  I deliberated a ton about buying seats when they were selling them initially.  I finally chose.  Now, each game, there is really nothing to do.  Grab my tix and pass and be on my way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paradox_of_Choice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decision_fatigue

4 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

I wholeheartedly agree with Mike135 and Dcat about the LSL experience.  I never wait on concessions or bathrooms.  I am usually on Route 3 like 5 minutes after getting to my car.  I love the view, etc.

Regarding the remaining games, I, too, am disgusted by this season.  That said, I am planning to go see the Patsies since they moved it up earlier.  I have to travel for the Colts MNF one so I will sell those.  Lastly, as of now, I still plan to go to the Saturday night and New Years Day games.  They will be nice bookends to the year end holiday vacation.

Finally, is anyone familiar with Decision Fatigue and the Paradox of Choice?  More reasons why I love having Season Tix.  My default action is to attend the games.  I deliberated a ton about buying seats when they were selling them initially.  I finally chose.  Now, each game, there is really nothing to do.  Grab my tix and pass and be on my way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paradox_of_Choice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decision_fatigue

Do you tailgate?  What lot do you park in that you are able to get on Rt 3 West? 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you tailgate?  What lot do you park in that you are able to get on Rt 3 West? 

I don't usually tailgate.  When I do, it is a tiny affair with just myself and the person I'm with that week.  And this is all in Green Lot E.

Note - I used to be a huge tailgater.  I love it!  It's just these days I don't have a lot of free time so I'm often literally leaving my house after noon, getting to seats right before kickoff (give or take a few minutes), then right back home.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Vengeance means we decide which games we go to, which ones we sell off, which ones we put in the hands of the old-timers who quit on the team, which ones we put in the hands of Patriots fans.

So basically  , you're not a fan . Go to all the games and then get back to me . 

1 hour ago, OH THE PAIN said:

So basically  , you're not a fan . Go to all the games and then get back to me . 

bullsheeeeeet.  I'm  a season ticket holder since 1984 and my family had season tickets from the 60's thru the mid 70's.  I am as big a fan as you yet I don't necessarily go to all the games and, out of abject disgust and anger at the 2016 pile of sh!t Mac and Bowles have delivered, I unloaded almost all the remaining games for this season on stubhub.  As a die-hard fan, I want the Jets to notice the opposing jersey in my very expensive f-cking seat... all as a result of the garbage they put on the field and hired to run the team.  

So, GFY as to anyone not going all the games "not being a fan".  You are an  idiot.

There.  That should end this miserable thread if the mods even care. 

We are perfectly happy.  Happier, in fact, than we ever were in Giants Stadium with the drunks, the long bathroom lines, the broken plumbing, the rush hour madness trying to exit, lack of food choices, and Vietnam parking lot conditions. .
SAR I

Did you serve your country in Vietnam? I'm guessing NO since you think it is cute and witty to compare something as inconsequential as parking lot conditions at a dopey football game to a place where nearly.60000 Americans lost there lives, around 3 times that were wounded and countless others lives are still ruined today.

To be fair, the lower level is light years better though.  The LSL sections anyway from my experience.
Now once you cross over to the Lower Prime sections it begins to become a bit too reserved and boring.  Like watching football with Giant fans who sip wine and eat imported cheese.

The LSL level is the only decent level to watch a game at ML. I guess Mezz SL club seats are also good but way overpriced.

Upper prime first 4 rows between the 30s is clearly the best value with no worthless PSL.

14 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

The LSL level is the only decent level to watch a game at ML. I guess Mezz SL club seats are also good but way overpriced.

Upper prime first 4 rows between the 30s is clearly the best value with no worthless PSL.

Yeah, imo, the only areas I'd ever consider having season tickets would be sidelines on the 1st and 2nd levels.  And honestly, at 37, I'm still too young for the Mezz Sideline clubs.  They're cool every now and then, but can be extremely boring with "fans" who don't really care.  Who knows, maybe when I'm in my 60s it'll be more my speed.  Wouldn't do end zones or the 300s.  

If we're talking just a game or two a season, then anywhere will do.  Some of the most fun I've had at games were way up in the nose bleeds in the end zone of Midget Stadium.  That was back when a friend's father would take us with his season tickets and we'd tailgate with GM union guys.  

It seems like that type of tradition/tailgate is fading away (probably because unions are), so I wonder how much longer end zone and nose bleed seats will sell consistently.  If the tradition of large groups of people going together ends, wouldn't TV give a much better experience vs the cheaper seats?  

If it's just a couple games a year, the important thing is the atmosphere and not so much the view.  For season tickets though, it's gotta be a great view, otherwise TV coverage is better.

But that goes for any stadium, not just MetLife.

25 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

I am in 339 (TV side of the field) Row 8 with the handicap area directly below me so I essentially have a Row 1 seat.

Seats are on the 48 yard line and when I come out of the concourse I am at Row 8 so no up or down stairs - seats are right there.

The view is good and is almost exactly what you see on TV.

Seats are a great value except like this year and maybe next when the Jets stink to high heaven.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Being a season ticket holder is always about one thing:  Control

For years, the old timers had all the tickets, had all the control, for 30 years they decided what games they would go to, which ones they would sell off.

Control now lies with me.  Its value far outweighs the few dollars I lose in a bad season.  Vengeance means we decide which games we go to, which ones we sell off, which ones we put in the hands of the old-timers who quit on the team, which ones we put in the hands of Patriots fans.  If you don't see the value in that, cool, you don't have to.  Some of us have money to burn and like being the boss.  That's the crux of this conversation ultimately.

SAR I

I understand the control argument for STHs.

But when the secondary market offers the tickets you control for 20 cents on the dollar, that fact IMO supersedes the control factor.

I have STs with the Knicks, Devils, Rutgers and the Jets all with great locations.

But the secondary market with all of those teams except the Jets is decent and none of them are doing great.

I like the control that being a STH provides.  However getting screwed is not a concept I take well to.

The secondary market is a good barometer to measure if STs offer a good value.

I'm sorry but when you can buy them on SH for 1/5th the price, they are not.

2 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Okay. Out of respect to Maxman and other mods, I deleted all the curse words. But you are still a racist and it is a shame that you are still here telling other people they are not a fan. As a racist, you are not even a decent human being. I am ashamed that Jets have you as a fan. Tragic. 

14 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I understand the control argument for STHs.

But when the secondary market offers the tickets you control for 20 cents on the dollar, that fact IMO supersedes the control factor.

I have STs with the Knicks, Devils, Rutgers and the Jets all with great locations.

But the secondary market with all of those teams except the Jets is decent and none of them are doing great.

I like the control that being a STH provides.  However getting screwed is not a concept I take well to.

The secondary market is a good barometer to measure if STs offer a good value.

I'm sorry but when you can buy them on SH for 1/5th the price, they are not.

Everyone needs to stop making such sweeping overly broad generalizations about ticket values.  It all depends on your section. 35 yard line Lower Prime  = great resale relative to face.  35 yard line Mezz Club = terrible resale relative to face.  135 was always pretty good too. 245A sucked ass on resale when I had them.

My section NEVER sells for anything like 1/5th the price.  The lowest I have ever seen is about 75-80% of face and almost always they sell for above face or better and sometimes it's ca-ca-ching $$$! Even in a very bad year lie this. Heck, some dopey Pats fan paid $312/ticket ( PLUS Stubhub's buyer 23% commission) for my $170 Lower Prime seats.  Anything endzone, including corners (unless they are row 1) gets royally hammered.  Anything Lower level between the 20's does quite well even in bad times.  Anything with the word "Club" is a fiscal disaster for the STH.  I've bought row 1, 20 yard line, Mezz clubs for well under $100 on StubTub. the morning of the game. 

27 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Okay. Out of respect to Maxman and other mods, I deleted all the curse words. But you are still a racist and it is a shame that you are still here telling other people they are not a fan. As a racist, you are not even a decent human being. I am ashamed that Jets have you as a fan. Tragic. 

yeah... that guy is a flaming jackass.  Any way to get him booted out due to the racist comments?  Heck, Max should boot him out just for the abject stupidity in most of his posts.  

LOL... I'll be the one booted for the PI's here. If so, it was worth it.

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Everyone needs to stop making such sweeping overly broad generalizations about ticket values.  It all depends on your section. 35 yard line Lower Prime  = great resale relative to face.  35 yard line Mezz Club = terrible resale relative to face.  135 was always pretty good too. 245A sucked ass on resale when I had them.

My section NEVER sells for anything like 1/5th the price.  The lowest I have ever seen is about 75-80% of face and almost always they sell for above face or better and sometimes it's ca-ca-ching $$$! Even in a very bad year lie this. Heck, some dopey Pats fan paid $312/ticket ( PLUS Stubhub's buyer 23% commission) for my $170 Lower Prime seats.  Anything endzone, including corners (unless they are row 1) gets royally hammered.  Anything Lower level between the 20's does quite well even in bad times.  Anything with the word "Club" is a fiscal disaster for the STH.  I've bought row 1, 20 yard line, Mezz clubs for well under $100 on StubTub. the morning of the game. 

As long as you don't factor in the $20K PSL for Lower Prime (137 & 140) then yes, I would agree the resale value is good.

5 hours ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Living in Pa I get to Philly often and and go to an Eagles game occasionally.. They built a new stadium around the same time as Met Life for less money and it is a much nicer building. Great site lines and I really like the way they did the club level. It's big and roomy with couches and hi top tables to sit at when eating or going in to warm up.

The down side getting out of the lot after a game is far worse thane leaving the Meadowlands if you can imagine that.

even with the crazy labor costs, with 2 NFL franchises paying for a single stadium, our place should have been better than Jerry's palace in Texas

oh well, maybe I will live to see the next one, lol

On 11/18/2016 at 0:09 AM, SAR I said:

Exactly.

And like buying a Tesla, you make 100% sure you like the car before you buy it.  You kick the tires.  You take test drives.  You do the research.

Same thing happened at MetLife Stadium circa 2008.  The Jets invited season ticket holders and prospective club seat buyers to lunch and a private tour for months on end.  Once the first wave of existing season ticket holders ranked by years of seniority were allowed through to pick their seats, the Jets held open house seating tours for almost a year for anyone to walk in, check the place out, talk to sales reps, and make very informed purchases.  It was a lot of fun.  I got a Jets hard hat, met Woody Johnson, took great pictures, it was a blast.

Point being, as long as someone had the money, visited the stadium, read the informative forum threads, and picked the right seats for them, it's happy times in PSL-land.  It was then, it still is now.

SAR I

This was my experience... I got to buy seats I never had a shot at and was happy to pay a premium. The process was great and working in sales I think they did a great job.

The stadium itself? There has been a few times the place was insane... Shaking... Felt like it was gonna collapse under the noise... The truth is the stadium sucks in part because the team does... If the Jets were winning 13 games a year that place would be rocking every week....

45 minutes ago, Larz said:

even with the crazy labor costs, with 2 NFL franchises paying for a single stadium, our place should have been better than Jerry's palace in Texas

oh well, maybe I will live to see the next one, lol

Define better.... When we attend games we tailgate and we watch 95% of the game... So what do I care about the rest? The bathroom lines are reasonable... I get in and out ok and I have a cup holder... What else do I need?

I paid $30,000 in PSLs to tailgate and have a good view of the game... The rest doesn't matter.

58 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Define better.... When we attend games we tailgate and we watch 95% of the game... So what do I care about the rest? The bathroom lines are reasonable... I get in and out ok and I have a cup holder... What else do I need?

I paid $30,000 in PSLs to tailgate and have a good view of the game... The rest doesn't matter.

sure, getting from point A to point B, release, a seat, its all the same when you get down to it

maxresdefault.jpg

2012-chevrolet-discontinued-vehicles-cobalt-482x260.jpg

2 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

As long as you don't factor in the $20K PSL for Lower Prime (137 & 140) then yes, I would agree the resale value is good.

yeah  sorry ofr the confusion, I wasnt talking PSLs, just game day tix.  I have 3 but my older son is in Florida right now so I sold them then bought two for me and my other son.  So Im pretty aware of resell prices in the lower sidelines and mezz clubs on game day.  

People.. listen.  If you live within 45 minutes of MetLife you can buy Mezz club tickets often under $100 after 11:00 and be parked and in your seats well before the kickoff.  But if you want to talegate that wont work because the price is a lot higher at 8:00.  

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

People.. listen.  If you live within 45 minutes of MetLife you can buy Mezz club tickets often under $100 after 11:00 and be parked and in your seats well before the kickoff.  But if you want to talegate that wont work because the price is a lot higher at 8:00.  

This is pretty much true. And this is how I watched a lot of games in Mezz Club for well below face. This is also true for Giants games by the way. 

12 minutes ago, isired said:

The LSL is the best part of that stadium, they did that right in all aspects. I prefer the view from the mezz clubs between the 35s, but agree LSL is great in every other aspect and the view is very, very good

Everytime I sit up in Mezz club, the view is great but I liked Mezz in Giants stadium because you felt perched right over your part of the field.  It doesn't feel like tht at metLife in the Mezz.  It is set back a lot farther from the field than the Giants stadium Mezz was.  Thats why the back rows at Giants stadium were always covered seating.  Seating was more pancake stacked there if you know what I mean.  Mezz was great (rows 1-4).Feels a ot further from the field at metLife.  And yes, the feel of the game from the lower sidelines really anywhere betweemn even the 15 yard lines is amazing.  You feel very close to the field and its pretty intense. A lot better than Giants stadium there. Pitch was awful at Giants stadium. Much better here.And thats one of the reasons the Mezz is more set back.

missy-20120818171410.jpg
I'm not worried, it's not like I'm consumed with the plight of the non-PSL owner.  Every week is an adventure for you.  Can you get tickets?  Where will you sit?  Will the price be right or a ripoff?  Can you trust the seller?  Will the barcode work when you pass through security?  Who will you be sitting next to?  Is the guy old and a farter?  Is it a drunk kid with a filthy mouth?  Will the guy in front of you stand up the whole game?  Will the guy next to you be one of those "get up people!" preachers?  Wait, the rolling network TV camera blocks your view?  What's it like after the game when there is a crowd?  Will I be able to get to the exit?
Honestly, maybe the first time or two, but you realize pretty quickly that if you wait until the morning of you'll get twice the seat you thought you'd get for a quarter the coat. Never any reason to sit in the uppers, end zones or corners, or to stress.

And do you ever get bad tixx thru StubHub? Haven't heard of that.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Please let us off of Joewilly Island.  We don't like it there.  It's a nightmare.

Back in the real world, 16,000 fathers sit with their 16,000 wives and their 16,000 sons and enjoy their family time at the game, win or lose, in a brand new stadium with fantastic sight lines, easy entry/egress, tons of concessions, decent fans who don't curse or drink, and a chant-free environment where we aren't obligated to participate in a spelling bee by a blue collar worker with a bad attitude.

SAR I

You are whats wrong with the new stadium and the clowns that sit in real fans seats.  

More than likely you dont even believe the shlt you post.  Its just a rant to pump up your post totals.  No one can be this clueless.  

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

bullsheeeeeet.  I'm  a season ticket holder since 1984 and my family had season tickets from the 60's thru the mid 70's.  I am as big a fan as you yet I don't necessarily go to all the games and, out of abject disgust and anger at the 2016 pile of sh!t Mac and Bowles have delivered, I unloaded almost all the remaining games for this season on stubhub.  As a die-hard fan, I want the Jets to notice the opposing jersey in my very expensive f-cking seat... all as a result of the garbage they put on the field and hired to run the team.  

So, GFY as to anyone not going all the games "not being a fan".  You are an  idiot.

There.  That should end this miserable thread if the mods even care. 

Diehard fans go to all the games ; regular fans sell most of their seats .

Archived