PSL Fool's Gold - (good read)

David Harris

8 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Can I throw you a curve ball? Okay. Supply and Demand. Price goes up when Supply  is limited but demand is high. Price goes down when demand is low and supply is high. 

According to the ESPN page you refer to in terms of average attendance, Jets and Giants are neck and neck.That means demand is equal and supply is equal. But in the secondary market Giants tickets are in extremely high demand but Jets tickets aren't. Giant ticket prices keep up the value therefore their entire Upper Deck is PSL. On the other hand, for Jets games you can find below face almost every game. 

Please explain to me why Giants tickets are so high demand and why Jets tickets are so low demand if average attendance is the same? 

I haven't studied Stubhub Giants sales so I don't know how much demand there is for aftermarket Giants tickets vs. Jets tickets.  I can tell you that last year Jets fans flooded MetLife Stadium for the away Giants game, must have been 25% Jets fans that game.

There is also nothing to say that Jets tickets are in low demand, so I don't know where you are developing that thesis.

Attendance = fans through the doors.  Jets and Giants are the same.  If the Jets prices on the aftermarket are lower (again, I don't know this to be true) that would likely be because the Giants are more popular, put a better product on the field, and have a 15 year franchise quarterback likely heading to the Hall Of Fame.  While no Tom Brady, he's a draw. fans want to see him.

SAR I

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

They either dump a whole row or they comp people with tickets. There are many unsold PSL's dont let anyone tell you there isn't. 

My neighbor and dont ask me how he does it has 4 PSL's 4 Seats he owns a business and his accountant writes off the expenses. 

He offers me the tickets all the time for free as he too is sick and tired of the organization and product on the field. 

It doesn't matter if there are unsold PSL's.  What matters is that more Jets fans than ever before are watching Jets games, our attendance levels since we moved into beautiful MetLife stadium are in the 78,000 range whereas in Giants Stadium there were only 76,000.

If the Giants and Jets built an oversized stadium with room to expand, so what?  There were games where the Jets drew the full 82,500 sell out, setting franchise records in the process. it happened in 2010 and early 2011 when we were legitimate competitors and a fun team to watch.  Considering how much suck we have put on the field in the 5 seasons since, it's quite amazing that we are #1 in the AFC in attendance, I'm quite proud of us.

Enjoy your TV.  Leave PSL owners alone.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

SAR

Right now the Jets are dumping 338 and 339 tickets at $20 on stubhub to people like me.

Section 338 Row 23 (1-14 tickets at $20)

Section 338 Row 24 (1-19 tickets at $22)

Don't you feel cheated? That's my point. 

No, not at all.  I'm in this for me, I don't concern myself with anyone else.  The goal since getting on the waitlist in 1988 was to get a set of seats in a great location where I and my family could spend Fall Sunday's watching the team we love, enjoying our time with new friends made in our section, waiting for that dream day to arrive where we host the AFC Championship Game, get the trophy, get soaked in confetti.

I got what I wanted.  So if other fans get deals and get cheap tickets or get seats near mine without PSL's, that doesn't bother me at all.  Once you marry Mila Kunis, it sort of doesn't matter that your guy friends have hot girlfriends too.  The more the merrier.  The more new/young Jets fans that discover the joy of season ticket holdership the better.

SAR I

6 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Don't worry pal. The seats I buy at less than face for the games I choose to go to will definitely not be in the crappy mezzanine end zone 200 yards away from 50% of the game play on the other side of the field. Upper deck first four rows between the 30s are a way better place to watch a game. So you will have to find somebody else to buy your bad seats

missy-20120818171410.jpg

I'm not worried, it's not like I'm consumed with the plight of the non-PSL owner.  Every week is an adventure for you.  Can you get tickets?  Where will you sit?  Will the price be right or a ripoff?  Can you trust the seller?  Will the barcode work when you pass through security?  Who will you be sitting next to?  Is the guy old and a farter?  Is it a drunk kid with a filthy mouth?  Will the guy in front of you stand up the whole game?  Will the guy next to you be one of those "get up people!" preachers?  Wait, the rolling network TV camera blocks your view?  What's it like after the game when there is a crowd?  Will I be able to get to the exit?

Enjoy that inconvenience.  Upper Deck?  LOL.  You have a pair of those virtual reality goggles so you can feel like you're close to the action or can read a jersey number?  They give you a free can of oxygen up there?  Perhaps a crowbar to move those prison bars?

SAR I

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Let me ask this question to PSL holders the Jets are more than likely not making the playoffs this year and more than likely wont finish .500 will you be ok with a ticket price increase. 

The Jets don't raise ticket prices in losing seasons.

If they did, yes, we would be okay with an increase as we are still paying less than we anticipated 8 years ago when the PSL process started.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Just the fact that this can happen has to p*ss you off.

If someone tries to sit in my vacant $130 seat I ask them to leave immediately.  Because I'm in the first row and it's a rather conspicuous location, it rarely gets attempted.

I'd rather my seats go empty than get sold for a pittance.  Jets fans are cheap.  It's the real reason why the PSL's make them so angry.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Considering how much suck we have put on the field in the 5 seasons since, it's quite amazing that we are #1 in the AFC in attendance, I'm quite proud of us.

There must be some NFL rule that the Giants must slightly beat the Jets at everything.  Seems like regardless of what the stat is, the Giants are always just a tad higher.

Screenshot_20161118-222452.png

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets are offering seats in the PSL zones to current season ticket holders and others with no PSL fees. 

The NY Jets are also offering these seats to ticket brokers so opposing teams fans can buy them. 

What exclusive rights do PSL holders really have other than owning the license to the seats they sit in if they pay the season ticket price other fans are sitting in similar seats without the PSL charges. 

If I were a PSL member id be pissed about all this. 

PSL owners only wanted one thing:  To get off the waiting list and get seats in their own name in a location of their choosing.

All of your theories and all of your fascination about what goes through the mind of a PSL owner boils down to one thing, and it's the one thing we don't care about:

Money.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

I knew all that but Fib said he saw Mezz Club seats being dumped by the Jets for one fifth of face value.

That's really ramming it up the *ss of every PSL STH.

Every PSL owner was rammed up the #ss by Giants Stadium season ticket holders who wouldn't give up their seats and instead sold them to scalpers and put their kids through college on our backs.

Vengeance is us getting your seats and forcing you to the front of your TV.  Enjoy the Couchlist.

SAR I

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

FYI a friend a police officer hands me a flier NY Jets First Responders Night tickets are available for all the remaining home games discounted MANY in the PSL zones. 

The old system the stadium was really SOLD OUT unlike now.

I love this logic. You really are a fascinating creature.

PSL's are bad because they cost too much money and PSL owners are getting ripped off by paying too much and we shouldn't have enabled Woody Johnson in this manner.

But the fact that the tickets are now in the control of the fans and they often offer their seats at dirt cheap prices for the non-PSL owner to enjoy is bad because why?  You would prefer to pay more?  You would prefer 82,500 filled seats because why?  Because it would prove you even more wrong than you are now about the loyalty of Jets fans?

Make a coherent argument or don't argue.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It doesn't matter if there are unsold PSL's.  What matters is that more Jets fans than ever before are watching Jets games, our attendance levels since we moved into beautiful MetLife stadium are in the 78,000 range whereas in Giants Stadium there were only 76,000.

If the Giants and Jets built an oversized stadium with room to expand, so what?  There were games where the Jets drew the full 82,500 sell out, setting franchise records in the process. it happened in 2010 and early 2011 when we were legitimate competitors and a fun team to watch.  Considering how much suck we have put on the field in the 5 seasons since, it's quite amazing that we are #1 in the AFC in attendance, I'm quite proud of us.

Enjoy your TV.  Leave PSL owners alone.

SAR I

SAR I you arent amongst fans you are with wanna be's who aren't Jets football fans  these people can care less who wins and who loses all they are worried about what craft beer is being sold and how good they look in the selfies. 

The longtime diehard fans who chanted the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant are long gone thanks to the PSL.

It worked for you because you were able to buy your way in but you are surrounded by people who are just there because they were given free tickets or the boss told them they had to go or they can afford to be there.

My run at season tickets surrounded me by loyal dedicated fans who were friends we tailgated together I never had to text security to remove anyone. 

Im enjoying my TV I don't have money locked up in an investment thats bringing me 0 returns or satisfaction and you are conceding by selling tickets as a fair weather part-time fan. 

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Rangers run a lot of discounts on seats upstairs, especially with a  group. Even Yankee and Met tickets upstairs are pretty reasonable. Only the NFL has PSLs. Prices have gone up across the spectrum. As a high schooler, and then college student,  had season tickets to the Rangers and jets with money from working as a busboy and then a bank tellers.And had no problem going to pretty much any concert I wanted to see.  NOBODY is dong that today.  Not saying "oh, the good old days, blah blah , blah" merely that kids today aren't doing those kinds of things because the prices are off the charts. Look, it's about making money. But pro sports is pricing out their future customers from live games. And not sure that's a good thing long term no matter how much money they print right now .   

Believe that Buffalo game was the game with the Campbell's Soup painters' hat giveaway, which featured Jets  fans in the upper deck setting them on fire and another fan putting said fire out ....anatomically. Or may be he didn't want to venture into the Shea bathrooms Leon Hess so loathed. 

I was at that game . I still have the painters cap .

Tune in tomorrow for another edition of that tired old soap opera...

SAR I takes on and defends his $16000 investment in Bernard Madoff quality PSLs now and forever worth between 0 and 500 bucks in the real world

And argues in the same old long and labored tiresome analogies against pretty much every other Jet fan (PSL holder or not) who sanely describes then as a valueless ripoff.

One of the greatest melodramatic fictional series of all times

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Every PSL owner was rammed up the #ss by Giants Stadium season ticket holders who wouldn't give up their seats and instead sold them to scalpers and put their kids through college on our backs.

Vengeance is us getting your seats and forcing you to the front of your TV.  Enjoy the Couchlist.

SAR I

So you're getting vengeance buy purchasing STs formerly held by Giants Stadium STHs that can now be had for 20% of face value on SH?

Don't get the logic.

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I you arent amongst fans you are with wanna be's who aren't Jets football fans  these people can care less who wins and who loses all they are worried about what craft beer is being sold and how good they look in the selfies. 

You wouldn't know as you don't attend games at MetLife Stadium.  This is just more insight into your imaginary world where everyone is miserable because you decided not to go to games anymore.

We are perfectly happy.  Happier, in fact, than we ever were in Giants Stadium with the drunks, the long bathroom lines, the broken plumbing, the rush hour madness trying to exit, lack of food choices, and Vietnam parking lot conditions.  Good riddance to that dump, good riddance to grumpsters like you.

SAR I

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The longtime diehard fans who chanted the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant are long gone thanks to the PSL.

More fantasy courtesy of Joewilly Island.

The J-E-T-S chant is gone because an old-time season ticket holder decided to quit on the team and gave up his role as a vocal team supporter.

Sound familiar?  Old-timer?  Quitting on the team?  Thinking it made a difference?  Angry because the fans go on without him and he realizes he wasn't that important?

You know, you old-timers' day is done, it's not your stadium anymore.  Like those before you, you can go away quietly.  It would be the honorable thing to do.

SAR I

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, not at all.  I'm in this for me, I don't concern myself with anyone else.  The goal since getting on the waitlist in 1988 was to get a set of seats in a great location where I and my family could spend Fall Sunday's watching the team we love, enjoying our time with new friends made in our section, waiting for that dream day to arrive where we host the AFC Championship Game, get the trophy, get soaked in confetti.

I got what I wanted.  So if other fans get deals and get cheap tickets or get seats near mine without PSL's, that doesn't bother me at all.  Once you marry Mila Kunis, it sort of doesn't matter that your guy friends have hot girlfriends too.  The more the merrier.  The more new/young Jets fans that discover the joy of season ticket holdership the better.

SAR I

Look SAR. 

I know you are in this for yourself and your family. I am not judging how you spend your hard earned money. In the end, this is entertainment. Some people spend their money on drugs and some people like you spend their money to create family memories. Your above response has nothing to do with what I said. I gave you prime examples where Jets were dumping entire row for 5 times cheaper than they sold to season ticket holders. As a season ticket holder, this should bother you. That's all I am saying. 

1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

So you're getting vengeance buy purchasing STs formerly held by Giants Stadium STHs that can now be had for 20% of face value on SH?

Don't get the logic.

Being a season ticket holder is always about one thing:  Control

For years, the old timers had all the tickets, had all the control, for 30 years they decided what games they would go to, which ones they would sell off.

Control now lies with me.  Its value far outweighs the few dollars I lose in a bad season.  Vengeance means we decide which games we go to, which ones we sell off, which ones we put in the hands of the old-timers who quit on the team, which ones we put in the hands of Patriots fans.  If you don't see the value in that, cool, you don't have to.  Some of us have money to burn and like being the boss.  That's the crux of this conversation ultimately.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Look SAR. 

I know you are in this for yourself and your family. I am not judging how you spend your hard earned money. In the end, this is entertainment. Some people spend their money to drugs and some people like you spend their money to create family memories. Your above response has nothing to do with what I said. I gave you prime examples where Jets were dumping entire row for 5 times cheaper than they sold to season ticket holders. As a season ticket holder, this should bother you. That's all I am saying. 

First off, I consider you a friend, so no need to explain your feelings.  I get it.

Next, not sure why it's so important to you to convince me I should be "bothered" if the Jets decide to let people into the stadium in scattered leftover seats at reduced prices.  You seem to think I must be crazy not to be bothered, but I'm telling you 1) I am not and 2) the reasons why.

All PSL owners are in this for the gameday experience and it's far better to have the stadium filled with passionate Jets fans at a discount rather than empty plastic seats. 

Lastly, and I know not everyone can comprehend this, but some people are fortunate enough financially to not care about a few hundred dollars a few Sunday's a week.  Even though there are 82,500 fans in the stadium, there are only 45,000 non-club PSL seats and they are in the hands of 16,000 fans who have a lot of money.  Anyone secure enough to spend $250,000 in 30 years attending live Jets games with the family is certainly secure enough not to care about a few hundred dollars lost here and there and/or new fans getting into the stadium on the cheap.

I care about my experience amongst 78,000 others.  I don't care who spent what on gameday.  I just want them there supporting the team and behaving maturely.  Whatever the Jets are doing it's working, we still lead the AFC in attendance, we still are packing in more fans than ever before in Shea or Giants Stadiums.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You wouldn't know as you don't attend games at MetLife Stadium.  This is just more insight into your imaginary world where everyone is miserable because you decided not to go to games anymore.

We are perfectly happy.  Happier, in fact, than we ever were in Giants Stadium with the drunks, the long bathroom lines, the broken plumbing, the rush hour madness trying to exit, lack of food choices, and Vietnam parking lot conditions.  Good riddance to that dump, good riddance to grumpsters like you.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

More fantasy courtesy of Joewilly Island.

The J-E-T-S chant is gone because an old-time season ticket holder decided to quit on the team and gave up his role as a vocal team supporter.

Sound familiar?  Old-timer?  Quitting on the team?  Thinking it made a difference?  Angry because the fans go on without him and he realizes he wasn't that important?

You know, you old-timers' day is done, it's not your stadium anymore.  Like those before you, you can go away quietly.  It would be the honorable thing to do.

SAR I

WRONG I do attend games at MetLife day and night games good weather or bad.  

Its a new stadium but thats it other stadiums are so much nicer.  

MetLife isn't fan friendly as far as parking lot access and exiting the stadium, the concessions are a rip off and the overall atmosphere has changed. 

The UD is a waste they built the stadium way too high viewing up there is bad dont care who disagrees. 

PSL's were a way for fans to buy their way to the front of the line those who didnt want to wait on the waiting list like many of us did. 

My seats in 128 were great surrounded by friends I made through out the years we tailgated we met children, parents,neighbors week after week game after game we were there. 

The J-E-T-S chant is gone because people are too lazy and too busy on their I-Phones or taking selfies. 

The chant hasnt been the same since Fireman Ed left you know it I know it and he knows it. 

There were no opposing teams fans we didnt have to text 911 for rowdy fans the atmosphere was great win or lose. 

joewilly12 

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Being a season ticket holder is always about one thing:  Control

For years, the old timers had all the tickets, had all the control, for 30 years they decided what games they would go to, which ones they would sell off.

Control now lies with me.  Its value far outweighs the few dollars I lose in a bad season.  Vengeance means we decide which games we go to, which ones we sell off, which ones we put in the hands of the old-timers who quit on the team, which ones we put in the hands of Patriots fans.  If you don't see the value in that, cool, you don't have to.  Some of us have money to burn and like being the boss.  That's the crux of this conversation ultimately.

SAR I

Control freak ;)

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I care about my experience amongst 78,000 others.  I don't care who spent what on gameday.  I just want them there supporting the team and behaving maturely.  Whatever the Jets are doing it's working, we still lead the AFC in attendance, we still are packing in more fans than ever before in Shea or Giants Stadiums.

SAR I

They may lead the AFC in attendance according to some miscalculated count but they are in last place hardly a bargain or worth the price of admission. 

Maybe they should worry more about on the field performance instead of how many vodkas are available in the coaches club lounge. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

WRONG I do attend games at MetLife day and night games good weather or bad.  

Its a new stadium but thats it other stadiums are so much nicer.  

MetLife isn't fan friendly as far as parking lot access and exiting the stadium, the concessions are a rip off and the overall atmosphere has changed. 

The UD is a waste they built the stadium way too high viewing up there is bad dont care who disagrees. 

PSL's were a way for fans to buy their way to the front of the line those who didnt want to wait on the waiting list like many of us did. 

My seats in 128 were great surrounded by friends I made through out the years we tailgated we met children, parents,neighbors week after week game after game we were there. 

The J-E-T-S chant is gone because people are too lazy and too busy on their I-Phones or taking selfies. 

The chant hasnt been the same since Fireman Ed left you know it I know it and he knows it. 

There were no opposing teams fans we didnt have to text 911 for rowdy fans the atmosphere was great win or lose. 

joewilly12 

Please let us off of Joewilly Island.  We don't like it there.  It's a nightmare.

Back in the real world, 16,000 fathers sit with their 16,000 wives and their 16,000 sons and enjoy their family time at the game, win or lose, in a brand new stadium with fantastic sight lines, easy entry/egress, tons of concessions, decent fans who don't curse or drink, and a chant-free environment where we aren't obligated to participate in a spelling bee by a blue collar worker with a bad attitude.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Please let us off of Joewilly Island.  We don't like it there.  It's a nightmare.

Back in the real world, 16,000 fathers sit with their 16,000 wives and their 16,000 sons and enjoy their family time at the game, win or lose, in a brand new stadium with fantastic sight lines, easy entry/egress, tons of concessions, decent fans who don't curse or drink, and a chant-free environment where we aren't obligated to participate in a spelling bee by a blue collar worker with a bad attitude.

SAR I

No instead you watch the big screens for a mouse chase game or a hide the peanut shell game sing to sweet Caroline hope your section gets picked for a free can of Pringles.

Or wait for the kiss cam, selfie cam, fan of the game cam or wait for a .99 cent t-shirt to be shot your way. 

Most fans at the new and improved stadium dont care a damn about football most dont even wear team apparel those that do buy a $3 jersey from yesteryear #10 Pennington or Holmes. 

We agree to disagree SAR I no harm no foul you enjoy your experience at MetLife I can tell you it will never touch the experiences I had at Giants Stadium gone but not forgotten. 

The SS MetLife/Titantic/Minnow is boarding to get you off the island I promise its only a 3 hour tour..........

Image result for ss minnow

joewilly12

1 minute ago, Larz said:

and that stadium gets 20 home games a year and looks like a giant A/C compressor

smh

Living in Pa I get to Philly often and and go to an Eagles game occasionally.. They built a new stadium around the same time as Met Life for less money and it is a much nicer building. Great site lines and I really like the way they did the club level. It's big and roomy with couches and hi top tables to sit at when eating or going in to warm up.

The down side getting out of the lot after a game is far worse thane leaving the Meadowlands if you can imagine that.

1 minute ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Living in Pa I get to Philly often and and go to an Eagles game occasionally.. They built a new stadium around the same time as Met Life for less money and it is a much nicer building. Great site lines and I really like the way they did the club level. It's big and roomy with couches and hi top tables to sit at when eating or going in to warm up.

The down side getting out of the lot after a game is far worse thane leaving the Meadowlands if you can imagine that.

Thats a nightmare they send you around  in circles to go nowhere miss the quick outs onto Rt 3 signage is also very terrible if you don't know where your going. 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The UD viewing is terrible compared to the old stadium in my opinion.

To be fair, the lower level is light years better though.  The LSL sections anyway from my experience.

Now once you cross over to the Lower Prime sections it begins to become a bit too reserved and boring.  Like watching football with Giant fans who sip wine and eat imported cheese.

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

To be fair, the lower level is light years better though.  The LSL sections anyway from my experience.

Now once you cross over to the Lower Prime sections it begins to become a bit too reserved and boring.  Like watching football with Giant fans who sip wine and eat imported cheese.

The seating is way better in the LL agree and its new but not impressed overall. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The seating is way better in the LL agree and its new but not impressed overall. 

It's not even the seating so much that impresses me in the LSL sections.  It's the ease of access, bathrooms, concessions and overall environment.

Basically at Midget Stadium it could take 30 minutes to take a leak.  Now you can hit the head, grab a pretzel and beer and be back in your seat in less than 5 minutes.  

Plus when you want to live the ritzy life, the club sections are pretty darn sweet.

So I suppose I can see how some people think the stadium isn't pretty enough because it's not some architecture art statement, but I couldn't care less about that.  In fact I actually like the way it looks.  Especially lit up green at night.

To me, it does what it's supposed to do, and it does it well.

If only the Jets could do the same.

Archived