Todd Bowles: The effort isn’t the problem

Gen X Jet

On 12/27/2016 at 7:55 PM, Gen X Jet said:

I am at the point where I think I want this mentally impaired fellow back so we can guarantee 1-15 next year and get the #1 overall in 2018.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/27/todd-bowles-the-effort-isnt-the-problem/

The Jets season started poorly with losses in five of the first six games and it isn’t ending any better as the team has lost six of their last seven.

The last three losses have come by 31, 21 and 38 points, which has led some to question the team’s effort level. Rookie defensive end Leonard Williams said, via ESPN.com, after last Saturday’s 41-3 loss to the Cheaters that he thought the team lacked passion and that “some people are probably looking past the season.” Defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson had similar comments after the game and coach Todd Bowles was asked about his team’s effort level being a problem on Tuesday.

“Not at all. We’ve talked about it. It’s not the effort, it’s the concern,” Bowles said at a press conference. “Those are blown things that we blow week in and week out. That’s consistent. So those things make it seem like the effort isn’t there, but the effort’s there. Blowing same things week in and week out makes it seem worse than it is.”

Bowles was also asked about defensive end Sheldon Richardson telling reporters that wide receiver Brandon Marshall should be “embarrassed” in the wake of the loss to the Cheaters. Bowles said he spoke to the players and the team and that he’d rather have players “frustrated and pissed off” during a losing season because it shows they care.

That level of care hasn’t been showing up on the field. Whether that’s effort or, as Bowles said Tuesday, “not playing smart,” it’s not a great look at the end of Bowles’ second season in the job.

He should be fired just for that statement.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The key is who is quitting on him, the vets or the rookies. From what I have heard, the vets are, and most of them aren't going to be here next year

And that is the only thing that can save Bowles and Maccagnan, if they dump all of the malcontents and underachievers and make it very apparent we are actually rebuilding.

I am betting it does not happen that way though, they will dump a lot of vets and bring in a host of other vets that will keep draft picks on the bench,

13 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

This sh*t is ******* hilarious. Bowles is basically saying his players make the same mistakes week in and week out ..... Hey Todd You ******* Moron who's fault do you think that is ??? This is the worst head Coach in the history of this team yes right up there with Charlie Winner and Lou Holtz (who should have never bothered coaching in the NFL)

You beat me too it... I copied the followingL

coach Todd Bowles was asked about his team’s effort level being a problem on Tuesday.

“Not at all. We’ve talked about it. It’s not the effort, it’s the concern,” Bowles said at a press conference. “Those are blown things that we blow week in and week out. That’s consistent. So those things make it seem like the effort isn’t there, but the effort’s there. Blowing same things week in and week out makes it seem worse than it is.”

Seriously if this is not an indictment of the sh*tty coaching job he and his inept staff of stiffs did this year.   I say F**** him and fire his ass on Black monday.   

On December 27, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Gen X Jet said:

I am at the point where I think I want this mentally impaired fellow back so we can guarantee 1-15 next year and get the #1 overall in 2018.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/27/todd-bowles-the-effort-isnt-the-problem/

The Jets season started poorly with losses in five of the first six games and it isn’t ending any better as the team has lost six of their last seven.

The last three losses have come by 31, 21 and 38 points, which has led some to question the team’s effort level. Rookie defensive end Leonard Williams said, via ESPN.com, after last Saturday’s 41-3 loss to the Cheaters that he thought the team lacked passion and that “some people are probably looking past the season.” Defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson had similar comments after the game and coach Todd Bowles was asked about his team’s effort level being a problem on Tuesday.

Bowles was also asked about defensive end Sheldon Richardson telling reporters that wide receiver Brandon Marshall should be “embarrassed” in the wake of the loss to the Cheaters. Bowles said he spoke to the players and the team and that he’d rather have players “frustrated and pissed off” during a losing season because it shows they care.

That level of care hasn’t been showing up on the field. Whether that’s effort or, as Bowles said Tuesday, “not playing smart,” it’s not a great look at the end of Bowles’ second season in the job.

No, players are "frustrated and pissed off" because of the mental pollution they get from their HC.

On 12/27/2016 at 7:55 PM, Gen X Jet said:

When "blowing things" happen week in and week out it is either effort or sheer stupidity. It also is poor coaching that allows "blowing things" to happen with the same players week in and week out. BB does not allow "blowing things" more than once with the same player, just ask Jamie Collins who he sento Cleveland because he was "blowing things" Sheer asinine statement by a head coach that says asinine statements week in and week out. I simply do not believe in Todd Bowles.

On 12/27/2016 at 8:09 PM, 56mehl56 said:

Sorry Todd its time you start throwing your guys under the bus. They've sh*t all over you for 16 games and the noble leader facade isn't fooling anyone. 

Nor are his inane denials of what the fans have seen all season. Missed tackles that are right there to make, blown assignments weekly and the fact that he trots the same guys out there when clearly they don't understand the complexity of his defensive scheme says that Bowles does not have 20/20 vision when it comes to "effort"

Archived