Marshall, Forte Miss Practice; Injury Report

JetNation

IMG_3039.jpg

The NFL season is almost over for the Jets. All that remains is the week 17 match up against the Buffalo Bills which will take place at Metlife Stadium on January 1st. The Jets have had injuries throughout the season, so going into the last game it is no surprise that they would be limping into the last game.  Here is the injury update and report.

Brandon Marshall did not practice. Hip and shoulder. Matt Forte did not practice; knee. Nick Marshall did not practice; hamstring. Juston Burris did not practice; knee. Austin Seferian-Jenkins did not practice; hamstring. Brandon Burks did not practice due to illness. Bilal Powell did not practice; knee. Darron Lee did not practice due to illness. Steve McLendon was limited with a hamstring. Robby Anderson limited; hamstring. Lorenzo Mauldin (was) limited; ankle. Sheldon Richardson (was) limited; back. Muhammad Wilkerson (was) limited; ankle.

Unlikely to play Sunday?

Austin (Seferian-Jenkins) is the only one ruled out right now.

Buffalo Bills

Practice Report
  Did Not Participate In Practice
  Wednesday LB Lorenzo Alexander (not injury related), TE Charles Clay (knee), CB Stephon Gilmore (concussion), T Cordy Glenn (back), RB LeSean McCoy (illness), TE Nick O’Leary (illness), WR Sammy Watkins (foot), DT Kyle Williams (back)

Limited Participation in Practice
  Wednesday LB Preston Brown (foot), LB Lerentee McCray (concussion), G John Miller (hip)

Full Participation in Practice
  Wednesday LB Jerry Hughes (hamstring), QB Tyrod Taylor (groin)

New York Jets

Practice Report
  Did Not Participate In Practice
  Wednesday RB Brandon Burks (illness), CB Juston Burris (knee), RB Matt Forte (knee), LB Darron Lee (illness), WR Brandon Marshall (hip, shoulder), CB Nick Marshall (hamstring), RB Bilal Powell (knee), TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins (hamstring)

Limited Participation in Practice
  Wednesday WR Robby Anderson (hamstring), LB Lorenzo Mauldin (ankle), DT Steve McLendon (hamstring), DT Sheldon Richardson (back), DE Muhammad Wilkerson (ankle, knee)

Full Participation in Practice
  Wednesday T Brent Qvale (hamstring)
Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
3MqRx3_i_mU

Click here to read the full story...

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

an awful lot of hamstrings.  the jets need to reassess their strength and conditioning coach.

Marshall - "Hey coach, listen, I tried to motivate these guys last week, and they went to the media and bitched. I'm not going to risk what's left of my career for these sh*t heels. Now, I think I feel some tightness in my hammy."

Forte - "Hey coach, listen, I was a star in this league catching 60+ balls out of the backfield. I came here, and pounded it up the middle, and took the last 2 years off my career. I'd like to have one last crack at meaningful football next year. Now, I think I feel some tightness in my hammy."

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Marshall - "Hey coach, listen, I tried to motivate these guys last week, and they went to the media and bitched. I'm not going to risk what's left of my career for these sh*t heels. Now, I think I feel some tightness in my hammy."

Forte - "Hey coach, listen, I was a star in this league catching 60+ balls out of the backfield. I came here, and pounded it up the middle, and took the last 2 years off my career. I'd like to have one last crack at meaningful football next year. Now, I think I feel some tightness in my hammy."

it'snot a good sign when there are too many nit picky injuries sending players to the ir.  it means they've checked out and really don't care to play on sunday.  of course the paradox is when players start to dog it they get injured because they aren't using the right techniques to tackles or get ready for the game.

19 minutes ago, rangerous said:

an awful lot of hamstrings.  the jets need to reassess their strength and conditioning coach.

Not really. Hamstrings are finicky and these guys have had a long hard season. Not to mention cold weather makes all of the muscles tight. I mean hamstring may just be the go to rest day note. This is much ado about nothing. 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

"Hey Coach, listen, I play for the Jets so...uhh...err...tightness in the hammy?"

Archived