More diarrhea from the mouth of Brandon Marshall on the season....if you're interested.

JustInFudge

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Problem is neither Decker nor Enunwa are NFL #1 WR's either.

Playing a #2 as a #1 and a #3 as a #2 is not a good plan with a young QB.  

And I hope (HOPE!) we have a young QB behind center next year.

I agree. Marshall, for all of his faults, makes every receiver on the field better by virtue of his being there. He commands the attention as the #1 WR on the field. Decker is much better facing the defense's #2 CB, Enunwa is better in the slot, Anderson is better when defenses have to account for Marshall. There are a lot of reasons for the Jets' locker room problems this year, most of which begin and end with the head coach. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Every player has drops/fumbles etc... Sure they're drive killers but even if Marshall caught every ball thrown his way - our offense would have still struggled to score - because of the real problem our horrendus QB play.

I'd argue about him being a corrosive influence - and to contrary I'd say players not accepting or tuning out his or other teammates criticism is a bigger issue. Club Rex is dead, players need to get out of the comfort zone and start being held accountable for their actions Marshall included. Maybe his message wasn't delivered in the best of ways , regardless its a message that needed to be sent. 

Sure, no player is perfect. But, wow, the number of stupid drops he's had really don't justify, to me, his status as "No. 1" receiver.

And then there's the notion of you arguing about him being a corrosive influence. He was. The entire after-action report of the Jets season revolved around him and Sheldon Richardson having words. And, according to Marshall's own verbiage, the Jets season was like "having a poopy diaper on that was never changed..." So, clearly he had a role in creating the tension and not much of a role resolving the tension he helped create in a positive manner.

Personally, I don't feel Marshall has the demeanor necessary for being a leader. It's easy to say what's wrong, in one's own opinion. It's way harder to lead by example or to have the kind of personality where people actually respond positively to your comments. I really just wasn't satisfied with one-armed attempts to catch balls, the drops, the 'support' for Fitzpatrick. None of those things added anything positive to the Jets season. They were all "fake team-first" bullsh*t that, I believe, players saw through.

Marshall has a ton of talent, but, really, I don't see him reaching his potential because he really doesn't give the necessary effort. That's not what I would want my young guys learning.

1 hour ago, slats said:

He commands the attention as the #1 WR on the field

And without his #1 status, Ryan Fitzpatrick was still able to go 20-30 230 yards and two TDs.

He's not a speedster and, really, the only reason he was schemed as a #1 was because defenses know that Ryan Fitzpatrick locks onto him. He's really not indispensable and the Jets have enough talent at the position not to need him.

Defenses always scheme to the most targeted WR, regardless of whether he's a "true #1" or JAG.

Archived