More diarrhea from the mouth of Brandon Marshall on the season....if you're interested.

JustInFudge

12 hours ago, JiF said:

This is the 4th locker room that hates Brandon Marshall.  Everything his says is pure poopoo.  He needs to find his 5th locker room next season. 

Thank you for posting the article, I thought it was good, but I don't agree with your interpretation.  No question Brandon needs to step up his game and perhaps shut up a bit, but I hope he doesn't leave.  Marshall, Decker and Enunwa form a strong core for the Jets and even though Marshall is getting older he can still contribute till we have a replacement for him.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Rather than waste my time with your usual....contribution, I'll just quote myself:

Ranked 11th.  You can analyze it anyway you want.  11th.  Funny you don't go into different levels of suck for your QB.  Him you try and convince people was what he always has been outside of one game.

Dont worry, last time I correct you.  

11 hours ago, JiF said:

This part humors me as well because its literally what we talked about with Todd Bowles all season long.  He refuses to adjust to anything or make any changes.  Doesnt change his scheme, wont change the personnel, refuses to try anything new and just yells at execution. 

Marshall used a colorful analogy to express the Jets inability to change and adapt throughout a disappointing 5-11 year.

"The best way I can describe it is, having a diaper on and never changing it. And just sitting in that diaper the whole year. That's how our year was. It was a bad year."

Thought you didn't see value in the article.  Sounds like a vivid and honest depiction of what was going on.  I like Brandon and hope he stays a Jet, but if I had to hear him all day, every day like his teammates it would grate on me too, particularly if we're losing.  

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Ranked 11th.  You can analyze it anyway you want.  11th.  Funny you don't go into different levels of suck for your QB.  Him you try and convince people was what he always has been outside of one game.

11th in what? The defense was the worst unit based on talent it had for the Jets this season. 

21 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

How is this "more diarrhea from the mouth of Brandon Marshall"? Sounds like he's being very fair in his assessment of the season. Took some blame as well for maybe speaking up at the wrong time.

I have no problem with anything he said in this article.

I would pretty much agree with this assessment.

I think this EXEMPLIFIES what he is talking about.  He says those things last year, the article says "What a great teammate, how much he has grown."  Now, because he had a bad season, its another example of why he was "run-out" of previous locker-rooms, more crap from Marshall.

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Like I said, I'm not wasting time on someone who thinks a Defense should only be analysed based on one stat, and chooses to ignore a dozen other vital stats.  

The Defense was horrible and a primary cause of our failure in 2016, and it's not really that debatable frankly.

On your other point, I don't need to delve into Fitz stats at this point.  I've said a few hundred times now that he sucked, he failed, and he's rightfully gone.  "He's gone" being the most relevant part now, going forward.  You want to keep debating Fitz, you'll get the same answer all the "Still want to debate Geno" folks get from me now:  "If you say so". 

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The run defense was still elite. Pass defense(which is more important) has completely tanked.

When you do a deeper analysis, the run defense was not elite.

Teams did not need to run on us because of how easy it was to pass on us and how unable we were to generate turnovers.

More, we faced the 10th fewest run plays against us, but allowed the 11th fewest yards rushing, so we're basically right where we should be based on number of opposing runs we saw.  If we faced the 10th most runs against us and ranked say 5th fewest in yards allowed, that would (for example) be elite.

Our run unit was the best unit our D fielded, hands down, and was ranked 4th in Yards Allowed Per Rush (which is very good, at 3.7 YPC), but it didn't see much runs against it due to the weakness of our pass D (as you said).

My friend has a source.. the same source that tipped to me that we were drafting Hack before day 2, had told me the Sheldon/Marshall feud erupted from Marshall putting himself in a boat for Fitz, and sheldon called him out on it

2 minutes ago, Mecca said:

My friend has a source.. the same source that tipped to me that we were drafting Hack before day 2, had told me the Sheldon/Marshall feud erupted from Marshall putting himself in a boat for Fitz, and sheldon called him out on it

Jeeez, ya dont say.  Never would have guessed that...

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not for anything but I'd hope the receivers would go to bat for the QB.

Did Decker to go bat for Petty?  Nope, he said the season was over if Petty started.  Did Marshall go to bat for Petty?  Nope, he quit on his team the second he entered the game. 

When you're playing favorites and your favorites is the reason why the season spiraled out of control, you need to stfu.  And I'm guessing, that's where this all started.

Marshall said timing and delivery is what rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way. This sh*t happened week 3 after his QB just had the worst game in history of any QB.  Tough game for the offense to be screaming at the team for what was on the scoreboard. 

Week 3, dude.  If he was such a leader, how did this linger on for the entire season? 

Just now, JiF said:

Did Decker to go bat for Petty?  Nope, he said the season was over if Petty started.  Did Marshall go to bat for Petty?  Nope, he quit on his team the second he entered the game. 

When you're playing favorites and your favorites is the reason why the season spiraled out of control, you need to stfu.  And I'm guessing, that's where this all started.

Marshall said timing and delivery is what rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way. This sh*t happened week 3 after his QB just had the worst game in history of any QB.  Tough game for the offense to scream to be screaming at the team for what was on the scoreboard. 

Week 3, dude.  If he was such a leader, how did this linger on for the entire season? 

The receivers are always going to play favorites. Fitzpatrick isnt good but even with the Chiefs meltdown its not even close on who the best QB on the roster was. Sheldon reads too much twitter.

Just now, Matt39 said:

The receivers are always going to play favorites. Fitzpatrick isnt good but even with the Chiefs meltdown its not even close on who the best QB on the roster was. Sheldon reads too much twitter.

Completely disagree and I'm sure many on the team did as well. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Except the guys who he's actually throwing the ball too. Sheldon Richardson shouldnt be giving his opinion on the QB. 

Decker and Marshall both need to STFU.  They dont need to be giving their opinion on anything to anyone either.  I'm sure Robbie Anderson who should have had a break out season if it werent for Fitz might have preferred Petty.  Maybe others too.  Fitz was absolute trash and there was no drop off.  Hell, he even got into it with Marshall one game because he was such trash.

The bottom line is, Brandon Marshall is divisive person who is terrible for a locker room.  It's cool that he says things that sound great and make him seem like such a swell guy that the fans love him but we dont have to work with him and this is the 4th go round of Marshall dividing a locker room.

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

Decker and Marshall both need to STFU.  They dont need to be giving their opinion on anything to anyone either.  I'm sure Robbie Anderson who should have had a break out season if it werent for Fitz might have preferred Petty.  Maybe others too.  Fitz was absolute trash and there was no drop off.  Hell, he even got into it with Marshall one game because he was such trash.

The bottom line is, Brandon Marshall is divisive person who is terrible for a locker room.  It's cool that he says things that sound great and make him seem like such a swell guy that the fans love him but we dont have to work with him and this is the 4th go round of Marshall dividing a locker room.

All other things aside, you might want to temper your enthusiasm on Robbie Anderson.

He's shown some flashes, generally as a Dedrick Ward run-strait-catch-bomb type receiver.

But he's not shown the greatest of hands so far, he's not well suited to anything but "go long vs, single coverage" as he's the skinniest drink of water on the team (i.e. he's not going over the middle, and if he does, he won't be doing it for long, especially with young QB's throwing to him).

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have him, and hope he keeps developing, but he's not Marshall and he's not Decker.  Not yet.

We need to be careful going to hard "fire um' all, play all the kids only" because we do not want to repeat the mistakes people think we made with Geno, having young QB's throwing to young WR's who may prove themselves to be nobodies.  Jalin Marshall, I may be looking at you kid.

Having some Vets to help grow our young QB, even if those vets once likes Fitz > Petty/Hack, isn't the worst thing they can do as the #3->#5 WR kids continue themselves to develop, and take reps from those vets over another season.

2018, maybe we dump all the Vet WR's for Anderson, J.Marshall, etc.  But not yet.

I like Robbie Anderson.  I think he has shown plenty more than just being straight line deep threat. OTOH, he does have some work to do, they all do.

My question is: What do you propose with Enunwa?  He seems to have come along nicely and is a legit threat that is pretty versatile.  He has one year left and is dirt cheap.  He is the kind of kid I would propose extending now if you can sign him cheap.  He is poised to break out, but hasn't made so much that a little signing bonus and guarantee won't lock him up.  He also seems to be a hard worker that won't coast.  Sort of like Powell.  They kept him on a 1 year deal for 2015, then strangely gave him more money on a longer deal now.  Seems to make more sense to lock them up earlier and cheaper.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I like Robbie Anderson.  I think he has shown plenty more than just being straight line deep threat. OTOH, he does have some work to do, they all do.

My question is: What do you propose with Enunwa?  He seems to have come along nicely and is a legit threat that is pretty versatile.  He has one year left and is dirt cheap.  He is the kind of kid I would propose extending now if you can sign him cheap.  He is poised to break out, but hasn't made so much that a little signing bonus and guarantee won't lock him up.  He also seems to be a hard worker that won't coast.  Sort of like Powell.  They kept him on a 1 year deal for 2015, then strangely gave him more money on a longer deal now.  Seems to make more sense to lock them up earlier and cheaper.

I extend Enunwa now.  He could be a great #2/#3/H-Back option for the next 5 years, and in the right system be a perfect "young QB safety net".

He fell off as the season went on because most teams knew they could just cover Marshall and Enunwa and we were then limited, so thats where they focused.  

Enunwa needs to be in a place where is the third threat, and he'll burn teams hard vs. their #3 coverage guy and in single coverage.

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Wheres the diarrhea? 

Once again,  the reformed marshall adds reasonable,  honest and insightful commentary. 

Hes the only old guy i want back

Agree.  The overpaid divas on the roster are mad Marshall called them out.  The media loves bashing the jets so bash their most vocal player since the owner doesn't care and the head coach can't talk

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

All other things aside, you might want to temper your enthusiasm on Robbie Anderson.

He's shown some flashes, generally as a Dedrick Ward run-strait-catch-bomb type receiver.

But he's not shown the greatest of hands so far, he's not well suited to anything but "go long vs, single coverage" as he's the skinniest drink of water on the team (i.e. he's not going over the middle, and if he does, he won't be doing it for long, especially with young QB's throwing to him).

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have him, and hope he keeps developing, but he's not Marshall and he's not Decker.  Not yet.

We need to be careful going to hard "fire um' all, play all the kids only" because we do not want to repeat the mistakes people think we made with Geno, having young QB's throwing to young WR's who may prove themselves to be nobodies.  Jalin Marshall, I may be looking at you kid.

Having some Vets to help grow our young QB, even if those vets once likes Fitz > Petty/Hack, isn't the worst thing they can do as the #3->#5 WR kids continue themselves to develop, and take reps from those vets over another season.

2018, maybe we dump all the Vet WR's for Anderson, J.Marshall, etc.  But not yet.

Completely disagree.  Anderson showed he has everything in the book.  He ran just about every route you could ask.  If you look at the passing break downs, you'll see this. He ran them all and legit was missed wide open more than any WR I can remember in a long time.  I only recall one bad drop.  And then one he was called for a drop but he had a defender draped all over him (stats say he had 4, idk, dont remember that many). 

On the other hand, the topic of conversation Brandon Marshall was bottom 3 for worst catch ratio's in the entire league and top 3 in drops.  

Decker is a vet who actually does his job.  And Enunwa is basically a vet next year.  

I'm not saying cut them all, I'm saying cut the guy who destroys locker room like a rock band does to hotel rooms and is one of the worst players in the league at his job. 

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Completely disagree.  Anderson showed he has everything in the book.

Fair enough, agree to disagree.  I like him, I'm not sold on him as a NFL #1 just yet, and certainly not enough to cut Marshall and to start Anderson instead.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Fair enough, agree to disagree.  I like him, I'm not sold on him as a NFL #1 just yet, and certainly not enough to cut Marshall and to start Anderson instead.

Agreed.  Never said he was...but there is still Decker>Enunwa>Anderson...that's plenty to get rid of the headache. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  Never said he was...but there is still Decker>Enunwa>Anderson...that's plenty to get rid of the headache. 

Problem is neither Decker nor Enunwa are NFL #1 WR's either.

Playing a #2 as a #1 and a #3 as a #2 is not a good plan with a young QB.  

And I hope (HOPE!) we have a young QB behind center next year.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Problem is neither Decker nor Enunwa are NFL #1 WR's either.

Playing a #2 as a #1 and a #3 as a #2 is not a good plan with a young QB.  

And I hope (HOPE!) we have a young QB behind center next year.

Again, Marshall has the worst catch ratio in the league and was top 3 in drops.  He's not helping anyone out.  

I'd rather have guys who catch the ball then a guy who doesnt and then yells at everyone for not doing their job. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Again, Marshall has the worst catch ratio in the league and was top 3 in drops.  He's not helping anyone out.  

I'd rather have guys who catch the ball then a guy who doesnt and then yells at everyone for not doing their job. 

And I'm not presuming that Marshall will do so poorly in 2016 if retained.  He had a down year, and he is getting older, true enough.

But I believe he is still the only legit NFL #1 on our roster, and would be more help than hindrance in 2017.  2017 only, mind you.

17 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

On the list of major problems on the team - Marshall's drops are far down the list.

And the drops are but one example of why this guy is not really someone I feel adds value to the team.y

And, really, drops aren't major problems?! Please. They are drive killers and if virtually anyone else were having drops at Marshall's rate, you'd not want them playing. Drops are drive killers. So, hardly minor issues. And if Marshall were the type to lead by example, and not his over expansive mouth, I'd be all for keeping him. But, he's a corrosive influence, IMO and, when the QB isn't locking in on him and throwing to him exclusively, isn't really all that productive.

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And I'm not presuming that Marshall will do so poorly in 2016 if retained.  He had a down year, and he is getting older, true enough.

But I believe he is still the only legit NFL #1 on our roster, and would be more help than hindrance in 2017.  2017 only, mind you.

And yet Fitzpatrick had one of his best games without Marshall as a target. These Jets receivers are good enough to get open. No.1 No.2, whatever they are. Nobody's scheming against Marshall anyway. So, hard to really call him a No. 1. IMO.

16 hours ago, thadude said:

Bottom line.

Marshall was the only overpaid vet who actually played hard this season.  The diva crew (Mevis, Wilk, Fitzgarbage) collected fat paychecks and laughed.

Thank you.. I'm not even a big Marshall fan.. but you don't hear revis speaking of pay cut.. Marshall is at a modest 7.5 no commitment to 18, and he still opening brought up talking pay cut talk. He actually wants to be here ? What vet with choices will want to sign on to jets sh*tshow.. Revis should take a 15 million pay cut and play for 2 million.. 

35 minutes ago, phill1c said:

And the drops are but one example of why this guy is not really someone I feel adds value to the team.y

And, really, drops aren't major problems?! Please. They are drive killers and if virtually anyone else were having drops at Marshall's rate, you'd not want them playing. Drops are drive killers. So, hardly minor issues. And if Marshall were the type to lead by example, and not his over expansive mouth, I'd be all for keeping him. But, he's a corrosive influence, IMO and, when the QB isn't locking in on him and throwing to him exclusively, isn't really all that productive.

Every player has drops/fumbles etc... Sure they're drive killers but even if Marshall caught every ball thrown his way - our offense would have still struggled to score - because of the real problem our horrendus QB play.

I'd argue about him being a corrosive influence - and to contrary I'd say players not accepting or tuning out his or other teammates criticism is a bigger issue. Club Rex is dead, players need to get out of the comfort zone and start being held accountable for their actions Marshall included. Maybe his message wasn't delivered in the best of ways , regardless its a message that needed to be sent. 

Archived