Question for the Board

Tinstar

30 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Would anyone here consider signing Terrell Pryor and cutting both Decker and Marshall ? 

Sure. He is younger and getting better while Marshall and Decker are still very good but injury prone and on the decline. I don't know what other WRs are available but Pryor can be a very good #2 WR. With Anderson/Peake/Jalin/Enunwa we should be OK at WR provided we add a guy like Pryor. 

Honestly, I wouldn't consider spending on a WR at this point until we have a franchise QB. We have a more than adequate receiving corp right now and they are all coming relatively cheap when you compare their contracts to other receivers.

What we should really do is cut or preferably try to trade Decker and Marshall and use the cap space to lock up enunwa who proved his worth last season. His work ethic will hopefully rub off on devin Smith cherone Peake Robby Anderson and jalin Marshall...we should let our young guys have a shot to develop next season so we can see what we have in them and see if we need to keep looking at the position or start building other areas for our future.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If the Jets cut Marshall and Decker they deserve every bit of pain they get next year.   This thought that we have a ton of great young Wr is pure folly.  If one out of Anderson, Peake, J. Marshall turn out we should be happy.  Devin Smith is a huge bust.  Enunwa was very good the 1st 3/4 of the year last year but ;like everyone else he faded and had drops.

None of these guys have the skill set that b Marhsall or Decker have and getting rid of them to replace them with Pryor?  No.

Archived