Calling Raiderholic

section314

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Was reading that the Raiders want to get an inside pass rusher to combat the constant double teams on Irvin and Mack. You think they would be interested in Sheldon?

With Derek Carr probably getting an extension this year,  and counting 25-30 million first two years ( going to pay him the first two years before it drops some - have to be prepared to pay K Mack in two years.   ( that's going to be expensive).  Reggie Mckenize going to structure both contracts that they can easily afford to keep both. I don't see the Raiders being able to afford S Richardson salary longterm.(8 million plus next year). Or paying a third rounder for a one year rental.

Also the health of Mario Edwards( played late in season as he missed most of the season due to injury  , and was never in game shape when he return for the last three games) and Aldon Smith( if re-instated by league) should provide an inside pass rush that the defense was lacking.  Not to mention hiring former San Diego Chargers DC John Pagano as assistant head coach.( as saw with the Chargers he designs a defense to put the defenders in ideal situations- see Joey Bosa)

I think Raiders are looking to upgrade NT/ DT Dan Williams( played very well in 2015, but came into camp out of shape and had a terrible year.   Save 4.5 million cutting him.( no cap hit)  .  Jmo I would use Dan Williams 4.5 million to make a run at Johnathan Hankins.

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

With Derek Carr probably getting an extension this year,  and counting 25-30 million first two years ( going to pay him the first two years before it drops some - have to be prepared to pay K Mack in two years.   ( that's going to be expensive).  Reggie Mckenize going to structure both contracts that they can easily afford to keep both. I don't see the Raiders being able to afford S Richardson salary longterm.(8 million plus next year). Or paying a third rounder for a one year rental.

Also the health of Mario Edwards( played late in season as he missed most of the season due to injury  , and was never in game shape when he return for the last three games) and Aldon Smith( if re-instated by league) should provide an inside pass rush that the defense was lacking.  Not to mention hiring former San Diego Chargers DC John Pagano as assistant head coach.( as saw with the Chargers he designs a defense to put the defenders in ideal situations- see Joey Bosa)

I think Raiders are looking to upgrade NT/ DT Dan Williams( played very well in 2015, but came into camp out of shape and had a terrible year.   Save 4.5 million cutting him.( no cap hit)  .  Jmo I would use Dan Williams 4.5 million to make a run at Johnathan Hankins.

Thanks, man.

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

32 minutes? Outstanding! Quicker than the bat signal. 

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Thanks, man.

If the league doesn't reinstate Aldon Smith this year , I think that could change their thinking on Sheldon Richardson.( might than be in line to pursue S Richardson in a trade) .  I don't think you can have two knuckleheads on the same roster.( or let Aldon Smith and S Richardson be roommates - give them 1 hour together for both of them to fail a drug test.

24 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

If the league doesn't reinstate Aldon Smith this year , I think that could change their thinking on Sheldon Richardson.( might than be in line to pursue S Richardson in a trade) .  I don't think you can have two knuckleheads on the same roster.( or let Aldon Smith and S Richardson be roommates - give them 1 hour together for both of them to fail a drug test.

I could be wrong, but didn't Aldon get hit with a domestic violence charge this offseason?

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I could be wrong, but didn't Aldon get hit with a domestic violence charge this offseason?

No the police are still investigating that domestic incident. ( don't say if he's a suspect or a witness  ).  The good news if the Police thought there was domestic violence, someone would have been arrested already at the scene.( either Aldon Smith or the woman).   No one's been arrested.

Who knows what Roger Goodell will do , it's his discretion if Aldon Smith is allowed back into the league . 

Archived