Poll: Christian Hackenberg - "I Still Have Hope" vs "He's a Sunk Cost"

TuscanyTile2

Poll: Thoughts On Hackenberg: "Still Have Hope" vs "Sunk Cost"  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on Christian Hackenberg

• I still have hope for him
    • He didn't play a snap last year and is a Jets 2nd round draft choice. This is a no-brainer "sunk cost"

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Throw Geno in there as well.

Stepping back it looks like a lesson in why you don't acquire high priced veterans in their 30s without a QB. It's one thing if they had a starting QB already and then, last minute, he gets hurt and there isn't much choice. It's another thing to spend all spring and almost into August with 3 QBs the rest of the team has no confidence in for the upcoming season. It's a real downer for these veterans - especially veterans on defense - to feel their productive years (for some, their last productive years) are being wasted on others' tryouts, no matter how much they're being paid.

Right or wrong (and it is wrong) it's still a real downer for them. That that leads then to put pressure on a weak HC and GM to sign even a career loser like Fitzpatrick, and hand him the starting job no questions asked. That doesn't mean they (he) still should have succumbed to the pressure, since they shouldn't - you can't have the tail (tails, lol) wagging the dog - but it's largely a mess of his own design. 

Mac is just really bad at evaluating the QB position

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, thadude said:

Foley was more effective than Petty

By what metric?  Convincing fat egomaniacs he is a capable QB?  I give you that one, nothing else I can remember.  Petty had more yards in 2016 than Foley had in any season in his career and Petty has already won as many games as a Jet. 

48 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

By what metric?  Convincing fat egomaniacs he is a capable QB?  I give you that one, nothing else I can remember.  Petty had more yards in 2016 than Foley had in any season in his career and Petty has already won as many games as a Jet. 

Keep Fat Albert out of this. 

5 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I really want to believe that Hackenberg will surprise us all in 2018 and become the Jets starting QB, but my jaded outlook and very negative intuition, cultivated by rooting for this team for 40+ years, tells me that Hackenberg is toast.  I've never wanted to be more wrong about anything in my life.

hackk.jpg

Have faith. 

He was rated the #1 quarterback in college after his freshman year.  Jerry Sandusky put him in our lap, Nick Mangird thinks highly of him, we're going to be okay.

SAR I

11 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

At this juncture I strongly suspect he'll never start a game for the Jets and will be out of the league in short order. I certainly hope that's not the case and he takes some kind of miraculous leap in 2017 but all the evidence points to the idea that the kid simply can't play.

This.

None of the above.
He's a mystery. 

None of the above.

He's a............

....mystery 

This.  Now mind you I thought it was a horrible draft pick but I'm not a NFL GM - let's at least see the kid in action first before making judgment calls.

Im feeling deja vu

Archived