Report: Jets set to Host Miami Tight End Njoku

JetNation

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Njoku and Engram are great prospects.  I really like Engram a lot.  Probably can get Engram with our 2nd round pick if we are lucky.  If you guys haven't watched Engram yet, you should.  I woould be delighted with him in round 2. Njoku won't make it down to us if there's no trade down in round 1.

Simplest draft in franchise history:

Watson

Engram

OL

Bowser

Njoku is super talented, but I just wasn't impressed with what I have seen from him in college. He is a boom or bust type of draft pick. Not worth it at 6, definitely worth it late in the 1st or the 2nd if we trade down from 6 or up from our pick in the 2nd (which is never happening). 

Canes fans here, Njoku is the real deal and he will only get better moving up to the pro level. My ideal draft would be Watson in the first round and Njoku in the second. Yet,he will never last in the 2nd to us unless we move up.

Would be nice to have a two headed monster at the TE position in the new offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, fltflo said:

Canes fans here, Njoku is the real deal and he will only get better moving up to the pro level. My ideal draft would be Watson in the first round and Njoku in the second. Yet,he will never last in the 2nd to us unless we move up.

Would be nice to have a two headed monster at the TE position in the new offense.

My ideal draft is Barnett at 6, Njoku at 39 and either Kizer or Watson in round 3 depending on who falls

13 hours ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

4/17/17, 6:41 PM

#Bama LB Reuben Foster visited the #Jets today along with #Miami TE David Njoku & #NCState’s Josh Jones. Foster has #Ravens tomorrow.

Watch us draft Foster at 6 and not even cut Harris

Such a dumb franchise

My ideal draft is Barnett at 6, Njoku at 39 and either Kizer or Watson in round 3 depending on who falls

Like your thinking,but Watson will be gone by the 10th pick, take that to the bank.

4 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Like your thinking,but Watson will be gone by the 10th pick, take that to the bank.

Maybe maybe not I prefer Kizer anyway

This draft is becoming really unpredictable because outside of Garrett there are no great blue chip top prospects.  As many as 3 safeties have been projected to go top 10

22 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Yes, but where would you play him ?  I see him flanked outside and moving in motion towards the LOS like Enunwa picking off blitzing defensive backs before breaking into the pattern .  I have zero use for this player as an end of the line TE .

I'd use him the same exact way Washington uses Jordan Reed who compares best to him.  He would be an instant weapon for the Jets.  If we don't pick Howard in rd 1, I'd take this guy in rd 2 immediately. 

On 4/17/2017 at 3:08 PM, JiF said:

Seems like a wasted visit, unless they plan on taking him at #6 or if they plan on trading up to take him in the first.  I'd be shocked if he was there in the 2nd.

Do they have OJ Howard scheduled for a visit or has he been in yet? 

Or they could trade out of the 6th pick by trading down. If they jets are considering such a move them they need to familiarize themselves with players that could be available later. 

On 4/17/2017 at 4:44 PM, Tinstar said:

Actually, I could live with Evan Engram in the 2nd round . I think this guy could take over the role Enunwa played last yr with better results because he's bigger, faster and has way better hands as a receiver . It could also allow the Jets to use a conventional TE in the lineup and provide some deception in the passing game .

Maybe, but that was under a different OC. No idea how this offense will function

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Maybe, but that was under a different OC. No idea how this offense will function

I would think the Morton is salivating over the chance to get  Engram in rd 2 if the jets pass on TE in round 1.  He's compared to Jordan Reed and he is very much like Enunwa.  Would love to have both of them lining up for our QB, whoever that might be.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I would think the Morton is salivating over the chance to get  Engram in rd 2 if the jets pass on TE in round 1.  He's very much like Enunwa.  WOuld love to have both of them lining up for our QB, whoever that might be.

We're using all of our draft picks on JAG defensive players

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I would think the Morton is salivating over the chance to get  Engram in rd 2 if the jets pass on TE in round 1.  He's compared to Jordan Reed and he is very much like Enunwa.  Would love to have both of them lining up for our QB, whoever that might be.

20 minutes ago, thadude said:

We're using all of our draft picks on JAG defensive players

Thadude's probably right lol

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

Of the Jets 7 draft picks, I predict at least 3 are in the secondary, and they will all make the team. 

even if the jets do not trade back and only have 1 1st rounder and 1 2nd rounder, i cannot envision a scenario in which the jets do not draft a cb with at least one of those two picks.  they have a clear need at cb and the draft has a lot of good ones.  the most likely scenario in my opinion is much like every recent draft, they take a defensive player in round 1 and then feel obligated to pretend to care about offense and screw up the pick in the 2nd round.  

18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

even if the jets do not trade back and only have 1 1st rounder and 1 2nd rounder, i cannot envision a scenario in which the jets do not draft a cb with at least one of those two picks.  they have a clear need at cb and the draft has a lot of good ones.  the most likely scenario in my opinion is much like every recent draft, they take a defensive player in round 1 and then feel obligated to pretend to care about offense and screw up the pick in the 2nd round.  

Unless they know for sure Lattimore is the next Revis we shouldn't be drafting him at 6

At least when we took Milliner in 2013 there really weren't any other better options

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The Guy is a receiver, not a blocker . Lining him up in line would be a complete waste of talent and the beginning of the end for yet another Jet  2nd round pick .  For some reason, I think that practice is over .

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Unless they know for sure Lattimore is the next Revis we shouldn't be drafting him at 6

At least when we took Milliner in 2013 there really weren't any other better options

there's no reason to risk taking another injury prone cb that high when there are so many other cbs without serious injury concerns.  no reason at all.

24 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

there's no reason to risk taking another injury prone cb that high when there are so many other cbs without serious injury concerns.  no reason at all.

I agree with this.  The same issue exists for Hooker too-people seem to ignore his injuries.  Hooker is obviously very talented, but his tackling is not great, and there are several other safeties as well expected to be very good NFL players-maybe not the next Ed Reed, but very good players.

Could see the Jets going Fournette, Howard, Adams, QB and looking for a CB in the 2nd round.

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

I agree with this.  The same issue exists for Hooker too-people seem to ignore his injuries.  Hooker is obviously very talented, but his tackling is not great, and there are several other safeties as well expected to be very good NFL players-maybe not the next Ed Reed, but very good players.

Could see the Jets going Fournette, Howard, Adams, QB and looking for a CB in the 2nd round.

i just don't see the jets staying at #6 and taking either a cb or safety.  the reward for sucking overall and having an anemic offense should not be doing this.  i'd like to believe if the jets stay at 6 they are either all in on a qb or believe a guy like fournette can change the offense for a decade.  i still think the likely scenario is the jets trade back at least once and maybe twice.  i can see virtually any position except DL and LB being selected in the first round, but i do expect movement and some unpredictability with their pick.  there just isn't enough value for the jets to stay at 6 given their primary needs and their full rebuild.  but i can see other teams ok with giving up a 3rd to move up a few spots, and i think it would be great if they can net a pair of extra 3rd rounders and still draft in the middle of the round.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i just don't see the jets staying at #6 and taking either a cb or safety.  the reward for sucking overall and having an anemic offense should not be doing this.  i'd like to believe if the jets stay at 6 they are either all in on a qb or believe a guy like fournette can change the offense for a decade.  i still think the likely scenario is the jets trade back at least once and maybe twice.  i can see virtually any position except DL and LB being selected in the first round, but i do expect movement and some unpredictability with their pick.  there just isn't enough value for the jets to stay at 6 given their primary needs and their full rebuild.  but i can see other teams ok with giving up a 3rd to move up a few spots, and i think it would be great if they can net a pair of extra 3rd rounders and still draft in the middle of the round.

I'd add given their primary needs, which are also the strength of this draft i.e. DBs, TEs & Edge Rusher..

18 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I'd add given their primary needs, which are also the strength of this draft i.e. DBs, TEs & Edge Rusher..

but they can probably trade back if they're willing to accept perhaps less than ideal compensation and still get a very good cb or te.  i'd like to think they will not be forced to stay at 6, that there simply won't be any opportunities to trade back.  

Archived