We'll never know but...

TuscanyTile2

Not that I have any inside info, but all I heard led me to believe that they wouldn't have taken a QB in the top half of the 1st round.  No options were good enough.  Maybe if they traded back to the end of the 1st.

Supposedly (and thankfully) they want to give Hack a legit chance this season.

After doing such a horrible job last year, Macc and Bowles are off to a great start for 2017.  I'm kinda hoping Woody tells them, barring another move as stupid as Fitz, they're safe for 2018.  Then they can just focus on building a great team instead of fighting for meaningless wins.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We'll see if that's true on opening day.  If McCown is starting...

Well that's why they got McCown.  He may start for a while if Hack isn't ready.

If so, I love the game plan.  It means they're truly focused on building instead of trying to save their jobs.  

Play it by ear.  Give Hack every chance/rep to succeed and start him when ready.  If he sucks...  2018 draft he we come!

38 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't think a QB was part of their round one thought process once they set their draft board.

They are a BPA franchise and these QBs were not the BPA for any team. But they are QBs so teams take the chance. I don't have a problem with any of the QBs taken where they were taken. I think the teams got it right, but I think there is a decent chance we look back in 3 years and realize all 3 were busts or at least not franchise QBs. 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They are a BPA franchise and these QBs were not the BPA for any team. But they are QBs so teams take the chance. I don't have a problem with any of the QBs taken where they were taken. I think the teams got it right, but I think there is a decent chance we look back in 3 years and realize all 3 were busts or at least not franchise QBs. 

I felt like K.C. took the wrong QB but you just can't question Andy Reid when it comes to QB's. I am sure he got that right and they need to upgrade from their current game manager.

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We'll see if that's true on opening day.  If McCown is starting...

I think we all agree that hopefully that doesn't happen.

I think they want Hack and value him more than Petty. Many disaagree. And I am okay if they have a competition and Petty wins. Playing McCown though would be pointless.

44 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Well that's why they got McCown.  He may start for a while if Hack isn't ready.

If so, I love the game plan.  It means they're truly focused on building instead of trying to save their jobs.  

Play it by ear.  Give Hack every chance/rep to succeed and start him when ready.  If he sucks...  2018 draft he we come!

Exactly.  F*ck taking the shortcut and gambling on stupid/overvalued players to win the back pages.  Sh*t got old before Tanny got kicked out the door.  Trubisky was a poor man's Mark Sanchez and this homeboy wanted no part of that.  I want to be a team that competes every year.  If we have to suck for a bit to build a truly talented and balanced team?  Fine.  Build this the right way for once.  Two of Macc's first three first round picks were consensus top talents in the draft.  We got an absolute STAR tonight.  I don't care what side of the ball the player is on, I want the BPA.

Archived