Williams & Adams

Jetster

Been a long time since the Jets had 2 stars everyone will know. Revis Island put the Jets on the map. Williams & Adams will be the 1st time in a long time we'll have 2 home grown stars. 2010 was a team full of veteran mercenaries. 

Who else will develop into a star?

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Been a long time since the Jets had 2 stars everyone will know. Revis Island put the Jets on the map. Williams & Adams will be the 1st time in a long time we'll have 2 home grown stars. 2010 was a team full of veteran mercenaries. 

Jenkins.....I  if he puts it together he will be fun to watch.  Last season he def looked like a rookie losing the ball, biting on play action, and sometimes getting tangled up with TE etc...

But he def. Flashed a lot and I especially like how he hits

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Brick and Mangold were on the 2010 team and to any Jet fan worth his or her salt, they were stars.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Brick and Mangold were on the 2010 team and to any Jet fan worth his or her salt, they were stars.

Boring stars but I get what your saying. When your center is one of your better known stars that's pretty sad, lol.

Be real cool if a couple of our young WRs emerge like Anderson, Peake, Stewart or Hansen. All depends on the QB.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Boring stars but I get what your saying. When your center is one of your better known stars that's pretty sad, lol.

Be real cool if a couple of our young WRs emerge like Anderson, Peake, Stewart or Hansen. All depends on the QB.

True but looking back, that was a great draft.  We literally built the cornerstone of a great OL for a decade in one draft.  Just add Brandon Moore, Damien Woody and one of Alan Faneca/Pete Kendal/Kevin Mawae and stir.  Not sexy but really productive draft.  I'd love another one of those next year if we actually had a QB and there was any OL talent in the draft.

5 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

I think Darron Lee is due for a breakout season. On offense, Quincy Enunwa becomes a top 30 receiver in the league.

I'm really pulling for Lee. I've been a supporter of his and taken my licks for it as his season went on and he was just downright bad... I kept saying "He'll catch on one of these weeks"... Ugh...

But what I saw the most out him was that he played TOO fast. He over ran guys when he tried to tackle, or he jumped with a big burst of speed that put him off balance when he didn't have too... He was amped up. Or he guessed in the wrong direction and couldn't recover... It wasn't pretty. Led to a lot of missed tackles.

But I think those are all things someone can fix and learn with time and experience... He didn't look lost, he wasn't too slow, he wasn't lazy, he didn't lineup wrong... I'm just clinging to the hope that his biggest issues are teachable ones. I still think he has the talent and the drive to succeed. 

Archived