Which UDFAs Have a Decent Chance to Make the Team?

Sarge4Tide

UDFAs?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. I think these UDFAs on OFFENSE have a decent chance to make the team........

• WR Brisley Estime, Syracuse
    • OL Kevin Kenton, Tennessee State (tryout)
    • FB/TE Anthony Firkser, Harvard
    • OL Kevin Malloy, Albany (tryout)
    • WR Gabe Marks, Washington State
    • WR Keevan Lucas, Tulsa (tryout)
    • RB Darius Victor, Towson (tryout)
    • QB Dane Evans, Tulsa
    • None of the Above Has a Decent Chance to Make the Team
  2. 2. I think these UDFAs on DEFENSE have a decent chance to make the team........

• CB Xavier Coleman, Portland State
    • LB Connor Harris, Lindenwood
    • DE/LB Rashad Dillard, Troy (tryout)
    • DE Jareid Combs, North Texas
    • DE Patrick Gamble, Georgia Tech
    • LB Ja'Boree Poole, Ole Miss (tryout)
    • LB Austin Calitro, Villanova
    • S Dylan Haines, Texas (tryout)
  3. 3. I think these UDFAs on SPECIAL TEAMS have a decent chance to make the team........

• P Toby Baker, Arkansas (tryout)

UDFAs are looking for teams they think they can get noticed. There is something to be said for UDFAs sitting at home, watching the draft & hearing OVER & OVER again that the NY Jets have the least talent in the league. Where would you ply your wares? Macc & his scouts find talented dudes, will Bowles & Morton be able to recognize them? Remember Rex Ryan cut Danny Woodhead & kept Joe McNight.

I have no clue who sticks but let's find another Chrebet.

The skill of the individual prospects aside, safest bets are just the positions where the team is thinnest, with brownie points awarded if their position translates to playing on specials.

Based on that alone I think any/all of the 3 WRs have the worst chances.

- There are 3 who are locks (health permitting, and in the absence of a future transaction): Decker, Enunwa, Anderson.

- Then even with the two high-investment WRs we won't see again (B.Marshall, D.Smith), there are 2 more for which Macc's been awarded bragging rights: Peake, J.Marshall. So that's 5 right there, if they don't just dump J.Marshall who's suspended for a month anyway.

- Then there are the 2 mid-round drafted rookies, who are locks unless they get IR'd (or unless they're surprisingly horrible somehow).

So we're already up to 6-7 WRs before considering any UDFAs. If any UDFAs stick at all, it would be on the PS.

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The skill of the individual prospects aside, safest bets are just the positions where the team is thinnest, with brownie points awarded if their position translates to playing on specials.

Based on that alone I think any/all of the 3 WRs have the worst chances.

- There are 3 who are locks (health permitting, and in the absence of a future transaction): Decker, Enunwa, Anderson.

- Then even with the two high-investment WRs we won't see again (B.Marshall, D.Smith), there are 2 more for which Macc's been awarded bragging rights: Peake, J.Marshall. So that's 5 right there, if they don't just dump J.Marshall who's suspended for a month anyway.

- Then there are the 2 mid-round drafted rookies, who are locks unless they get IR'd (or unless they're surprisingly horrible somehow).

So we're already up to 6-7 WRs before considering any UDFAs. If any UDFAs stick at all, it would be on the PS.

I should downvote this because it's far too rational.

J. Marshall is the kid that needs to worry most. 3 to 4 youngsters are shooting for his spot & if they find just 1 that can field punts without fumbling his bags will be packed & ready to go in his locker with another kids nameplate already cut.

Purdue WR Domonique Young is also not on the list. I'm not sure sure if he signed an UDFA contract or it's a tryout.

He was considered a day 2 pick prior to dislocating his knee 

The Boilermakers' other talented receiver, Domonique Young, is still recovering from a devastating dislocated knee injury he suffered during the October 8 game against Illinois. Young, who was graded as a potential second-day choice by scouts entering the 2016 season, is expected to be at full speed by the end of the summer.

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-march-7

Purdue Football‏ @BoilerFootball

@Domo_inthecut is headed to the New York Jets as an #UDFA

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

unbelievable

Michael Lombardi‏ @mlombardiNFL  

The tryout camps are critical for teams and player. Patriots found M. Butler in a tryout camp.

That's why it's dumb for fans to classify these players as "camp bodies".  Too many times talented players slip

through the cracks.  Damon Harrison and Robby Anderson are two recent Jet examples

Archived