The Jets think they’re suddenly stacked at wide receiver

Ken Schroy

4 hours ago, Powpow said:

This team is several years from contending and that's if things fall into place. Decker carries a big price tag. Is it worth keeping him around for the revival movement of this team for 3-5 years? As far as Hack's development, we might as well kept Marshall another couple of years if they were so concerned about his progress.  Would Decker even want to be part of another 'rebuild' and a roster that is significantly less skilled than it was when he first arrived?  I'd say no and no. NoNo. 

If the team was still on its downswing, rather than already having begun a rebuild, they still shouldn't be "several" years from contending. Even tearing the whole thing down to nothing doesn't take more than 2 years to contend (unless they continue to have Jets-level QBs).

If they're seriously evaluating a young QB you don't feed him a team with Quincy Enunwa - with 1 year starting under his belt - as the most experienced receiver by a country mile.

There's more to a team than getting immediate, live reps from the position that routinely takes among the longest to pan out anyway.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If the team was still on its downswing, rather than already having begun a rebuild, they still shouldn't be "several" years from contending. Even tearing the whole thing down to nothing doesn't take more than 2 years to contend (unless they continue to have Jets-level QBs).

If they're seriously evaluating a young QB you don't feed him a team with Quincy Enunwa - with 1 year starting under his belt - as the most experienced receiver by a country mile.

There's more to a team than getting immediate, live reps from the position that routinely takes among the longest to pan out anyway.

You gotta hit bottom before you bounce back. Keeping Decker is senseless. Clean house. I agree to hold him and trade him before the season. Good move. I just have zero faith that Mac plays Hack this coming season or that he has future plan for him.

Just now, Powpow said:

You gotta hit bottom before you bounce back. Keeping Decker is senseless. Clean house. I agree to hold him and trade him before the season. Good move. I just have zero faith that Mac plays Hack this coming season or that he has future plan for him.

No way in hell you get rid of Decker!!!!!!!!!!!  Petty and Hackenberg need Decker and so do all the young WR's on this team. COME ON MAN 

3 minutes ago, Powpow said:

OK, but I'll take that bet. The stage couldn't be more aptly set to throw Hackenberg out there, since we're not winning dick with Josh McCown anyway. I'll credit Maccagnan - and eventually, even Bowles - with knowing that much. 

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

OK, but I'll take that bet. The stage couldn't be more aptly set to throw Hackenberg out there, since we're not winning dick with Josh McCown anyway. I'll credit Maccagnan - and eventually, even Bowles - with knowing that much. 

I personally would have just brought back Fitz instead of McGowan who I cant stand. But Fitz being Fitz wins 6 games easy.  I'm in. Bring Hack in.  Interesting though isn't it that Bill O'Brien traded down 15 spots to take Watson and probably never even considered talking to Mac about Hack.

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell you get rid of Decker!!!!!!!!!!!  Petty and Hackenberg need Decker and so do all the young WR's on this team. COME ON MAN 

Sure you do.  He's expensive and injury prone.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Sure you do.  He's expensive and injury prone.

So you're in favor of another similar  go round with the likes of Clyde Gates and David Nelson thats great lets throw Hackenberg or Petty to the wolves with an inexperienced group of unproven WRs.....

Image result for the jets make me drink t shirt

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So you're in favor of another similar  go round with the likes of Clyde Gates and David Nelson thats great lets throw Hackenberg or Petty to the wolves with an inexperienced group of unproven WRs.....

Image result for the jets make me drink t shirt

Clyde Gates and Nelson don't make this team. But your point is right, Decker is going to play a role in us knowing if we have a qb or not and he's going to play a role in teaching our receivers what it takes improve their game. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Clyde Gates and Nelson don't make this team. But your point is right, Decker is going to play a role in us knowing if we have a qb or not and he's going to play a role in teaching our receivers what it takes improve their game. 

Whether Decker makes the team is up to him and the young QBs.

If Decker is recovered and looks to be effective, AND the young QBs show the potential to be able to use him, Decker would be a valuable person to have on the team.  

But if Decker is not recovered, and the young QBs look completely useless, then the Jets should cut their losses, save the money for next year, and let Decker go.

We will see.

We're not stacked (but she sure is). We have no real experience and proven vets at Wr except for Decker (and Q) it's rumored that Decker could be out. Plus he's coming off of an injury. The Jets have talent so we'll see how it goes. 

On 5/7/2017 at 1:04 PM, slats said:

I'm pretty excited about this Stewart kid. I think he can be a top three receiver for the Jets this year. 

Same, seems more polished than the rest. 8 TDs in 54 receptions last year, in that offense too, is nice.

We will see Hackenberg don't worry about that. Go ahead let Bowles throw McCown out there...he has not managed to finish more than 11 games since his mid 20's and he's what 38 now lol.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

We will see Hackenberg don't worry about that. Go ahead let Bowles throw McCown out there...he has not managed to finish more than 11 games since his mid 20's and he's what 38 now lol.

If it takes an injury to bench McCown then we are in deep crap.

If it takes an injury to bench McCown then we are in deep crap.

I see your point...I think both Petty and Hackenberg will look better than McCown by the time preseason roles around. Well...we can be hopeful can't we?

6 hours ago, Powpow said:

No....you don't get rid of the only veteran receiver on the team when he has 5 rookies-1 year players to throw to at both WR and TE and a not-so-solid running game.

46 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

No....you don't get rid of the only veteran receiver on the team when he has 5 rookies-1 year players to throw to at both WR and TE and a not-so-solid running game.

You don't but I do

Archived