Cimini: Will Jets' complex offense slow Christian Hackenberg's progress?

C Mart

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Relax @C Mart, there're some here who are too stupid to understand what's going on and others who do what they do just to get a rise out of people . Best bet is to ignore both set of, well I hope you know what . 

Relax guys. It doesn't matter if the players this GM drafts at crucial positions suck because the whole plan was for him to only start drafting great players at those positions starting in year four and those guys who think otherwise don't understand the value of tanking 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Relax guys. It doesn't matter if the players this GM drafts at crucial positions suck because the whole plan was for him to only start drafting great players at those positions starting in year four and those guys who think otherwise don't understand the value of tanking 

This isn't even parody. The prevailing wisdom around here seems to be that because we're rebuilding now, the first two drafts don't count.

On 8/4/2017 at 3:43 PM, johnnysd said:

Hack WILL struggle with reads because of the complexity, but you know what fixes that? Reps and game experience. Not sitting on the sidelines watching a TERRIBLE journeyman QB. Why doesnt anyone mention that McClown pretty much sucks?\

Everyone knows McCown sucks. The fact that Hack is still behind this bum says it all. Hoping for Hack to be better than worst QB in the league McCown doesn't make it so.  It's not the WCO's fault that Hack is taking all those sacks.  

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I talk to this old dumb guy once at the bourbon drinkers against incontinence bocce ball spectacular and he said when he was a lad  most teams tanked before the new regime took over and started drafting. He pissed himself and had to leave early. What a dummy. 

On 8/5/2017 at 11:07 AM, Bugg said:

Paul Hackett withdrawal right there. Bad enough Petty and Hackenberg(leave McCown out because in a sensible universe he holds a clipboard, period) can barely figure out the basics, lets' complicate it some more. Can't wait for the delay of game penalties and senseless timeouts because we have to wait for the genius big brain OC to get the play in and have the QB convey it to the offense. And all to throw a 6 yard in the flat dump  pass on 3rd and 8. Been there, done that. Again, this franchise has no institutional memory at all. 

Yeah, because what happens during the first week of practice always translates into what will happen in the regular season.  Wonder why they practice if nothing will get better with repetition and practice.  

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Everyone knows McCown sucks. The fact that Hack is still behind this bum says it all. Hoping for Hack to be better than worst QB in the league McCown doesn't make it so.  It's not the WCO's fault that Hack is taking all those sacks.  

Hes essentially a rookie, what you look for is development not better command that a 38 year old veteran. FFS

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Hes essentially a rookie, what you look for is development not better command that a 38 year old veteran. FFS

HE's not essentially a rookie. He got a free scholarship year holding the clipboard and learning how to be a pro. If Hack was legit he'd be QB1 going into mini camp. 

Just now, bitonti said:

HE's not essentially a rookie. He got a free scholarship year holding the clipboard and learning how to be a pro. If Hack was legit he'd be QB1 going into mini camp. 

True. But you cannot trust this Bowles staff with a coffee order much less talent evaluation. "McCown gives us the best chance to BLAH BLAH BLAH...:::

Just now, Bugg said:

True. But you cannot trust this Bowles staff with a coffee order much less talent evaluation. "McCown gives us the best chance to BLAH BLAH BLAH...:::

I guarantee you Bugg if you gave the other 31 HC's a choice between Hack and McCown they'd all take McCown. He's better than Hack it's not Bowles being dumb. It's a fact.

Just now, bitonti said:

I guarantee you Bugg if you gave the other 31 HC's a choice between Hack and McCown they'd all take McCown. He's better than Hack it's not Bowles being dumb. It's a fact.

Then organizationally the GM should have some input. There is no point to playing McCown, not sure why he is here at and so ridiculously overpaid. They could have signed him or someone like him the day after the draft for pennies on the dollar if money was a big concern. 

14 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Then organizationally the GM should have some input. There is no point to playing McCown, not sure why he is here at and so ridiculously overpaid. They could have signed him or someone like him the day after the draft for pennies on the dollar if money was a big concern. 

They overpaid McCown and submarined the roster at every other position, but it's all part of a plan to start Hackenberg. Obv.

Or, McCown is the perfect QB to guide a bad team through a tank season because he's universally well-liked and positive, and his receivers somehow put together decent statistical seasons whenever he plays: Alshon Jeffery, Travis Benjamin, Gary Barnidge, etc. It'd behoove Maccagnan to have a receiver or two put up a 60 catch, 900 yard year to create the illusion that he's put some young offensive talent on the field, and McCown has shown an ability to produce that, if little else.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They overpaid McCown and submarines the roster at every other position, but it's all part of a plan to start Hackenberg. Obv.

Or, McCown is the perfect QB to guide a bad team through a tank season because he's universally well-liked and positive, and his receivers somehow put together decent statistical seasons whenever he plays: Alston Jeffery, Travis Benjamin, Gary Barnidge, etc. It'd behoove Maccagnan to have a receiver or two put up a 60 catch, 900 yard year to create the illusion that he's put some young offensive talent on the field, and McCown has shown an ability to produce that, if little else.

Only reading of things that suggests a plan; Maccagan setting up Bowles to fail (not really a stretch, he'll do it on his own quite easily) to pick his own guy or Morton in 2018. See Woody and Chris, I told you so!Even explains why you give Bowles his draft day wet dream of 2 safeties. Give him everything he says he needs and he still manages to make a mess. 

As to Bit's point about 31 other coaches; yes, and that's why those franchises either have a real GM or the coach who is the defacto GM. It's a unified command, not this idiocy. 

So the plan is....waste a year with Bowles running the "I'm too scared to take a chance that a young guy might just be okay" offense so we can install our 4th offensive scheme in 5 years next year...which will totally help with Hack and/or Petty's development.

Got it.  Can't wait.

22 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Only reading of things that suggests a plan; Maccagan setting up Bowles to fail (not really a stretch, he'll do it on his own quite easily) to pick his own guy or Morton in 2018. See Woody and Chris, I told you so!Even explains why you give Bowles his draft day wet dream of 2 safeties. Give him everything he says he needs and he still manages to make a mess. 

As to Bit's point about 31 other coaches; yes, and that's why those franchises either have a real GM or the coach who is the defacto GM. It's a unified command, not this idiocy. 

It could be, but that would imply that Maccagnan has some sort of capital within the building that I just can't imagine he has right now. Although, when you see Bowles do interviews these days he comes off like a part-time employee at Home Depot when you ask him where the galvanized rebar is. He makes barely audible sounds with his mouth that don't really mean anything, but he's really just thinking that he gets to punch out in twelve minutes. I think back to when he was asked about David Harris being released and he indicated that he had no input into it and, in fact, was surprised by it. It wouldn't shock me if he walks into Mac's office during the Bye and asks to be released from his contract, because if he rides this thing out, they're going to hang it all on him which isn't entirely fair.

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Then organizationally the GM should have some input. There is no point to playing McCown, not sure why he is here at and so ridiculously overpaid. 

McCown is here because WE ARE NOT TANKING ON PURPOSE

Mac and Bowles are both completely lost and actually think they put together a team that can compete this year.  

Oh great post, I agree a million percent. I wish "Dick" Cimini would keep his speculative opinions to himself. This is a very exciting time to be a Jet fan believe it or not, HC notwithstanding. We have lots of young hungry players on this roster and the last thing I want to read is anything being too complicated for them, that is plain ridiculous. Anyone has doubts about Hack's football IQ go here ...

Good video. Worth watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived