Recruiting in different conferences?

Paradis

@sec101row23 and @Lith I know you two are a little more familiar with the high school recruiting cycle bizz -- what would be the difference in what that looks like conference to conference. I ask, because i saw a blurb about Chip Kelly picking between UCLA and florida -- and how those are two very different programs from a recruiting standpoint. Curious to understand.

I do not really follow high school football and recruiting.  I try to stay up on who the Dawgs are recruiting and their commits. 

I know that both UCLA and Florida have big time QB recruits coming in -- Matt Corral to UF and Dorian Thompson-Robinson to UCLA, but that is mostly from watching the Elite 11 shows on NFLN a couple of months ago.

I think the SEC blows away the Pac 12 in terms of 4 and 5 star recruits, but that may just be my SEC bias.  Fertile recruiting ground in Florida, but an awful lot of competition as well with the rebirth of Miami under Richt (who I always thought was a great recruiter), plus FSU and the growth of the UCF and USF programs. 

For what its worth, I hope Kelly chooses UCLA.  I keep telling myself he knows the Pac 12 and would be more comfortable back there.  Really don't want to see him at UF.  

Heard on Paul Finebaum yesterday that the wildcard job for Kelly could be Arizona State. Not open yet, but could be soon. Supposedly he feels that program is a sleeping giant.

Saw that too. That would be kind of cool, to have the Sun Devils as a power program. I agree with others though, that Kelly knows the pac 12 and would probably be the best fit in there. Would love to see him at Florida though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/22/2017 at 10:41 PM, Paradis said:

@sec101row23 and @Lith I know you two are a little more familiar with the high school recruiting cycle bizz -- what would be the difference in what that looks like conference to conference. I ask, because i saw a blurb about Chip Kelly picking between UCLA and florida -- and how those are two very different programs from a recruiting standpoint. Curious to understand.

They are different from a recruiting standpoint in that FLA would be a more attractive school to recruit from. You will get better quality athletes.

All schools operate under the same rules and guidelines

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

They are different from a recruiting standpoint in that FLA would be a more attractive school to recruit from. You will get better quality athletes.

All schools operate under the same rules and guidelines

thanks. The way it was worded, wasn't sure if it was something more elusive or complicated than the obvious location/reputation differences.

P

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2017 at 9:41 PM, Paradis said:

Looks like the Dan Mullen era in Gainesville may not be off to the best start on the recruiting trail.  Just heard that Matt Corral decomitted and flipped to Ole Miss.

Archived