Complaints about Todd Bowles thread: MERGED

freestater

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around this.  So you are okay with surrendering any chance to score with 1:12 left in the half because Bowles wanted to 'regroup' at halftime?  Because that, to me, is the tipping point in this debate.  I don't ever want to see the coach of my NFL team do that.  Not even once.  And he's done it twice this year.  

You can hate Bowles in game thought process but still like the development we have gotten out or our players this year. IMO development is more important than wins this year. If we can get another season out of Bowles with this type of development and then fire him next year I'm more than okay with that. I think we potentially have our next HC in John Morton anyway. This should keep the same players in place without cycling through another roster flip since the players already know him. It wouldn't be like "Rex's Guys". Plus he'd continue working with whatever QB is brought in so it would still be "His guy"

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

He was told something like "some of the players thought you guys didn't have the same energy on the road as you do at home" and the Bowles made that comment and also said "coming out in pregame, warm ups etc thought we had good energy, we just didn't play well".

Either way, not playing well, energy or not, they're losing a majority of their games over the past 3 years with Bowles on the road. It's a problem and he's just deflecting it. It's not as if they're on the road playing tough teams. Miami, Denver, Bucs. Clearly something needs to change.

I'm not really arguing your point. Moreso that this is just a run of the mill generic answer. I'm fine with him not giving the media more ammo. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around this.  So you are okay with surrendering any chance to score with 1:12 left in the half because Bowles wanted to 'regroup' at halftime?  Because that, to me, is the tipping point in this debate.  I don't ever want to see the coach of my NFL team do that.  Not even once.  And he's done it twice this year.  

I tend to agree with you on trying to put together a drive with time left and 3 TOs at the end of the first half. But many coaches do this esp when their offense isn't working instead of possibly making a mistake and turning the ball over. The Jets got the ball back to start the second half and he wanted to make fixes at halftime and again avoid mistakes. So while I won't kill him for this decision I don't like you agree with it. 

On 12/11/2017 at 10:32 AM, Warfish said:

I would also strongly caution against this kind of ad hominem.  

Bowles, by every account I've ever read, is a very intelligent man, and his experience is clearly broad and thorough.

You can be a very intelligent and experienced man and still not be a good NFL Head Coach.

Reductio ad absurdum to "Bowles is a Dolt" is both misguided, and questionable from a historic-racial-discrimination standpoint, and makes US look foolish for having engaged in it.

He is not, in fact, a Dolt. He is simply not a good enough NFL Head Coach for many reasons that have nothing to do with his intelligence.

#MeToo

Archived