First Mock (Pre FA/Senior Bowl/Combine)

BklynJetsFan85

I know it's a bit premature, but just a little bit of fun. Walter Football is the only real site with legit draft profiles on these players right now and i been reading up on a lot of them. I was able to get some steals imo. I used fanspeak mock simulator, i did 7 rounds using NFL Mock for both the big board rankings and team needs, i also had it on difficult as opposed to classic (not sure it really made a difference). 

A lot of you will be mad i didn't pull the trigger on Baker Mayfield at 6 (Rosen and Darnold were off the board - thought im not a big fan of Darnold anyways). At 1 i struggled between drafting value and need.... for an alternate pick i would have taken Quenton Nelson, All-American guard out of Notre Dame, absolute stud, will be all-pro at next level imo, very safe pick, but not sexy at all. I ultimately took value and the edge rusher - especially since we are rumored to be cutting Wilkerson. I personally doubt that Lamar Jackson falls to the 2nd round but if he does, could be a steal. I'm a little skeptical of how he translates over to the NFL, but he has a very strong arm, good in the pocket, tough, very athletic - no brainer if he's there in the 2nd round. 

Some of you may wonder why i took a TE with the 2nd rounder after Jackson, 2 reasons - 1 we dont really have a solid TE (in terms of a real star there), the value was there and i didn't like the other options available vs the value of the slot. This guy is the 2nd rated TE on walter football and from what scouts say, just seems like a stud. 3rd Round - if we can be so lucky that Davis drops to the 3rd round, I don't think he will. He's a big corner, very physical - just how i like em. 4th round I went WR, with Auden Tate - 6'5, obvious red zone target, I think he's a steal this late in the draft, but he may fall because of his starting QB going down and his numbers dropping a bit with the backup QB (not even sure if he declared or if he's gunna come back to improve his numbers with his original QB). 5th Round I grabbed a tackle - I really really doubt he falls to 5th round, Id say 3-4th round at worst for him, but this is a mock and he fell to me, had to grab him up, scouts seem to really like him. 6th round - grabbed a rb, Johnson has been the workhorse for Auburn, ran for 1391 yds and 18 TD, not sure why he isn't ranked higher on this simulator (pretty sure no way he gets past the 4th round lol. The final pick, i basically rolled the dice, can be a slot corner, special teams guy for us. 

jetsmock1.0.png....

6: R1P6

QB BAKER MAYFIELD - took him over Jackson - tough decision
OKLAHOMA
37: R2P5

C BILLY PRICE - a must - our C was awful
OHIO STATE
49: R2P17

EDGE TYQUAN LEWIS - fingers crossed that we finally hit on an edge rusher
OHIO STATE
72: R3P8

RB SONY MICHEL - play maker
GEORGIA
109: R4P7

WR SIMMIE COBBS JR. - big target for new QB - hard to pass up
INDIANA
159: R5P20

CB KEVIN TOLIVER II - it's all about numbers in the defensive backfield
LSU
183: R6P5

LB KENDALL JOSEPH - need depth at ILB
CLEMSON
236: R7P17
WR QUADREE HENDERSON - all american kick returner
PITTSBURGH

Here is the Fanspeak simulation of the Jets draft when I went with BAP drafting for the Lions. Why Ridley was available in the middle of the second is odd. And if we a TE with Legget returning from injury and ASJ saying he wants to retire a Jet, I'll be pissed.

6: R1P6 
QB BAKER MAYFIELD
OKLAHOMA

37: R2P5
CB LEVI WALLACE
ALABAMA

49: R2P17
WR CALVIN RIDLEY
ALABAMA

72: R3P8
EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON
LOUISIANA TECH