19,000 lb space lab is falling ...

The Crimson King

A Chinese space lab is falling:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/19000-pound-space-lab-falling-uncontrolled-back-to-earth/ar-BBHPuDl?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Where do you want it to land (hopefully just causing physical destruction and no human casualties)?

I'm hoping for CitiField or Giants Stadium II. Maybe then we could get a ballpark or stadium designed by someone with some talent for it.

"In the hours before re-entry, NASA ground controllers attempted to adjust Skylab's trajectory and orientation to try to minimize the risk of debris landing in populated areas.[3] NASA's attempted target was a spot 810 miles (1,300 km) south-southeast of Cape Town, South Africa. Skylab's atmospheric reentry began on July 11, 1979,[4] and people on earth and an airline pilot saw dozens of colorful firework-like flares as large pieces of the space station broke up in the atmosphere.[5] Skylab did not burn up as fast as NASA expected, and Skylab debris landed southeast of Perth in Western Australia, resulting in a debris path between Esperance and Rawlinna.[4] Over a single property in Esperance, 24 pieces of Skylab were found.[4][5] Analysis of some debris indicated that the Skylab station had disintegrated 10 mi (16 km) above the Earth, much lower than expected.[5]"

21 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

A Chinese space lab is falling:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/19000-pound-space-lab-falling-uncontrolled-back-to-earth/ar-BBHPuDl?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Where do you want it to land (hopefully just causing physical destruction and no human casualties)?

I'm hoping for CitiField or Giants Stadium II. Maybe then we could get a ballpark or stadium designed by someone with some talent for it.

On my belly.

Archived