Calling Mogglez......

section314

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I thought it was pretty clear Marshall recruited him here for the potential of a TV/media gig. Didnt New England offer Forte a contract too?

Could be. Maybe Forte is such a nice guy he's one of the few people who could stand to be around Marshall for more than 1 season (or he just ignored his Marshallisms and Marshall took that to mean, "He likes me. He really likes me.") lol

The thing with NE - at least as I recall it, though that may not be accurate - is: he met with us, we didn't make him an offer yet, then NE set up a visit, so before they'd get him on their turf Macc quickly made him an offer he felt he couldn't refuse (i.e. that he felt another team wasn't going to match or exceed). 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2018 at 9:44 AM, Lupz27 said:

He basically blew up the whole thing with his post game interview after the 2nd Dolphins game calling Morton out for his play calling, and blaming him for the lose, and going against everything the Jets preached about keeping everything in house, leadership, and all that nonsense Bowles spewed after blaming 2016 on Fitz, Marshall, Decker, and Richardson.

Looking now, it was after the Falcons game.

As far as deviating from the gameplan, looking at the respective production of the passing and running game, it was a stupid complaint. They got 42 yards on 20 carries (one of them a 12 yarder from Powell, so they got 30 yards on the other 19 carries). What kind of a dumbass would keep running the ball with that non-production, while his QB is having a field day? From his comments you'd think that the success rate was flipped, and the ratio was 4:1 passes instead of 3:2. 

Well that's why he's a player not a coach. All starting RBs/WRs want the ball all the time. That doesn't make him a cancer, but his comments were stupid. The QB completed 80% of his passes with 2 TDs and no picks. The 2 things that likely lost the game were Kerley's muff and the ground game's lack of production all game long. So of course, Bowles and his pets say the thing they needed was more cowbell.

But really, reading his comments it sounds more like he was currying favor with his HC, knowing where his bread is buttered, and wanting to be on the winning side of an internal conflict (i.e. HC Bowles over 1st-year OC Morton). It stinks more of Bowles creating a rift in the locker room, and the shunned players following his lead, than Forte starting a mutiny. Players don't call out their coordinators to the media like that unless they already know the HC agrees with them (or unless they're so productive they can get away with it). If that wasn't the case, then Bowles would have come down hard on Forte in the press right after that, saying it's the coaches' jobs to call the plays not the players.

19 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Looking now, it was after the Falcons game.

As far as deviating from the gameplan, looking at the respective production of the passing and running game, it was a stupid complaint. They got 42 yards on 20 carries (one of them a 12 yarder from Powell, so they got 30 yards on the other 19 carries). What kind of a dumbass would keep running the ball with that non-production, while his QB is having a field day? From his comments you'd think they the success rate was flipped, and the ratio was 4:1 passes instead of 3:2. 

Well that's why he's a player not a coach. All starting RBs/WRs want the ball all the time. That doesn't make him a cancer, but his comments were stupid. The QB completed 80% of his passes with 2 TDs and no picks. The 2 things that likely lost the game were Kerley's muff and the ground game's lack of production all game long. So of course, Bowles and his pets say the thing they needed was more cowbell.

But really, reading his comments it sounds more like he was currying favor with his HC, knowing where his bread is buttered, and wanting to be on the winning side of an internal conflict (i.e. HC Bowles over 1st-year OC Morton). It stinks more of Bowles creating a rift in the locker room, and the shunned players following his lead, than Forte starting a mutiny. Players don't call out their coordinators like that unless they already know the HC agrees with them. If that wasn't the case, then Bowles would have come down hard on Forte in the press right after that, saying it's the coaches' jobs to call the plays not the players.

Anyway you want to explain it both should be gone (Bowles, and Forte), this stinks like Rex circa 2013-14, Jets are so gonna go Bates, McCown, Minkah, and watch the whole ******* thing blow up in their face, the only silver lining would be a new Regime in 2019, and possibly a shot at Jarret Stidham.

I mentioned this in another thread but Mogglez said that the Jets like Mayfield. Is this really true because Cimini is convinced that there is no way that the Jets would pick him with the 6th pick. As I have said many times I think we have to do whatever is necessary to end up with one of Darnold, Mayfield, or Rosen. 

5 minutes ago, Pennington said:

I mentioned this in another thread but Mogglez said that the Jets like Mayfield. Is this really true because Cimini is convinced that there is no way that the Jets would pick him with the 6th pick. As I have said many times I think we have to do whatever is necessary to end up with one of Darnold, Mayfield, or Rosen. 

Listen Mayfield IS NOT a realistic option at 6 no matter how many times you guys wish it so.  It’s Darnold, Rosen, Allen like it, or not, and the Jets need to call the Colts do whatever it takes to get to #3, and just take the guy who is left, or maybe get lucky, and 2 of the 3 are still there, and then choose your preference, it’s really that simple, no need for the Jets to complicate it any further, and FACK Todd Bowles, he is gonna do everything in his power to persuade Macc to not pick a QB in Rd 1, and beg for another defensive guy to fit his scheme, Macc needs to Sac up, and tell him to eat a dick, and coach up the QB I draft, and have him ready to play week 1 because your other options are Petty, and Hack I’m not getting you anymore 50 year old journeyman QB’s so you can try, and save your job instead of try, and have some balls, and demand excellence!

6 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Beats me. But the more I read about Bates, the more I get excited of the potential he has and impact he could possibly have on this team. 

This is a good article on his whole absence and about his path leading here...

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/69857/after-conquering-3000-mile-trail-coach-faces-new-challenge-jets-qbs

And saw this today from Breer's article...

So now, Morton is gone and quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates, who’s earned Bowles’ respect, becomes the immediate and overwhelming favorite to replace him. Bates helped in putting together those scripts, and has called plays for two different teams—Denver in 2008 and Chicago in 2010. From a football intelligence standpoint, Bates is cut from the same cloth as Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan. And from the time he was hired last February, there was good reason to believe he’d eventually wind up in Morton’s seat. The questions with Bates have always been in his ability to manage his relationships with other coaches and players. The Jets are hopeful he’s grown up in that regard. If he truly has, after getting out of coaching for a few years to recharge, then Bates has the potential to be a big-time upgrade.

The article left out the amazing job he did as our QB coach in 2005 when he had to coach-up 4 different starting QBs and had Brooks Bollinger look like he belonged on the NFL.  I remember back then thinking that whoever our QB coach was had to be the team MVP. 

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Listen Mayfield IS NOT a realistic option at 6 no matter how many times you guys wish it so.  It’s Darnold, Rosen, Allen like it, or not, and the Jets need to call the Colts do whatever it takes to get to #3, and just take the guy who is left, or maybe get lucky, and 2 of the 3 are still there, and then choose your preference, it’s really that simple, no need for the Jets to complicate it any further, and FACK Todd Bowles, he is gonna do everything in his power to persuade Macc to not pick a QB in Rd 1, and beg for another defensive guy to fit his scheme, Macc needs to Sac up, and tell him to eat a dick, and coach up the QB I draft, and have him ready to play week 1 because your other options are Petty, and Hack I’m not getting you anymore 50 year old journeyman QB’s so you can try, and save your job instead of try, and have some balls, and demand excellence!

Mac is too gutless to make a move for a QB. 

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

As I've said in the past, nothing I share hasn't been run by my guy and "approved" to be shared first.  This one was pretty easy since Manish's account of what went down is pretty much the real deal (shocking, I know, lol).  Don't take this reply the wrong way either, I'm not calling you out or challenging you, I'm just clarifying because this is something that I've been asked before and I figured this is a good way to clear the air up.  I've been pressed for certain things from peeps and have had to withhold because it's playing with fire in terms of the details that would have to be put out.  My source is also a very good friend of mine and I would never put his career at risk.  He loves working for this team.

No worries mate. It's funny sometimes I see a notification that someone replied to me and I usually don't even remember what I posted, lol. 

Thanks for the insights. 

I'm actually a little optimistic the offense is getting an upgrade. 

Archived