Who exited you the most after wrapping up the first day of Senior Bowl practice

Patriot Killa

Kyle Lauletta is holding up so far. 

Marquis Haynes

Will Hernandez has replaced Isaiah Wynn as top guard for me

Brian O’Neill and Tyrell Crosby (6’4.5” 319, 34.5” arms), but a little moreso O’Neill who I feel can be more eliter and a real candidate for 6 post-combine 

James Washington seems like he might be stolen in the 4th or 5th 

25 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Dammit. Nobody exited me the most. That’s what I should have said. 

Dallas Goedert: 6’41/2” 260 with 10 1/8-inch hands and 33 7/8-inch arms, one of the most productive pass catchers in the country the past two years 

Goedert was getting some love yesterday. Besides a few drops Allen Lazard looked good. 

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Goedert was getting some love yesterday. Besides a few drops Allen Lazard looked good. 

Goedert’s one of those guys that’s been getting love for a while and is nailing the post-season pre-draft stuff. I want prospects like that, pop up guys and sub-par athletes need not apply. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Goedert’s one of those guys that’s been getting love for a while and is nailing the post-season pre-draft stuff. I want prospects like that, pop up guys and non-freaks need not apply. 

I want some athletic freaks too, but they should at least carry good fundamentals and IQ at their position, that’s not to say Goedert doesn’t, just meaning our prospects shouldn’t be Vernon Gholston. But I agree with the idea that we need to get more athletic and explosive players if we want to change our team.

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I want some athletic freaks too, but they should at least carry good fundamentals and IQ at their position, that’s not to say Goedert doesn’t, just meaning our prospects shouldn’t be Vernon Gholston. But I agree with the idea that we need to get more athletic and explosive players if we want to change our team.

Ooooooomg no poop!

Vernon Gholston wasn’t a freak athlete. Guy was just jacked and cut up, his combine didn’t put him anywhere close to guys like Miller, Ware, Bosa, Quinn, Houston...

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Ooooooomg no poop!

Vernon Gholston wasn’t a freak athlete. Guy was just jacked and cut up, his combine didn’t put him anywhere close to guys like Miller, Ware, Bosa, Quinn, Houston...

I was always under the impression that his combine sky rocketed him to 6. Tell you the truth, I can’t even remember what made him go at 6 ..besides the Jets stupidity.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was always under the impression that his combine sky rocketed him to 6. Tell you the truth, I can’t even remember what made him go at 6 ..besides the Jets stupidity.

The Jets were stupid. He flew up because of the combine and 19 sacks his last two seasons, but that didn’t make it a good combine in the context of what makes a great pass rushing prospect. 

I actually wanted to draft Gholston in ‘08. We have more info now which was very new then, but it’s been a decade and things are more certain. 

Just now, SenorGato said:

The Jets were stupid. He flew up because of the combine and 19 sacks his last two seasons, but that didn’t make it a good combine in the context of what makes a great pass rushing prospect. 

I actually wanted to draft Gholston in ‘08. We have more info now which was very new then, but it’s been a decade and things are more certain.

Can’t argue with that. The combine freaks you named off the past few years have done good to great for themselves. Think that’s partially why the Combine has blown up .. you can get more data and testing info with footballs being tagged for velocity, ect. Next gen stats help scouts and even regular guys like me and you that see from a distance a good idea of who can do well on the pro level. With that said Goedirt is someone I hope we pick up with our 4th or 5th rounder. Give me him over ASJ any day .. or pair them .. I really don’t care either way. 

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Big guy, 13 or 14 sacks his senior year, got a sack off Jake Long (which everyone loved).   260, ran a 4.6, and a weak draft.   Picks 11-20 wound up better than picks 1-10. 

Actually, 11 guys in the first round were Pro Bowlers, but only 2 taken in the first 10 picks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NFL_Draft

17 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Ooooooomg no poop!

WTF are you smoking? Gholston had an excellent combine. He sucked donkey dick as a player, but his combine?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/vernon-gholston?id=756

9 hours ago, maury77 said:

WTF are you smoking? Gholston had an excellent combine. He sucked donkey dick as a player, but his combine?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/vernon-gholston?id=756

Exactly. Below are his percentile ranks among Edge's per MockDraftable.  He was an elite athlete, but a bad football player.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/vernon-gholston?position=EDGE

Bench Press 98th percentile.

20 Yard 54%

3 Cone 66%

Broad Jump 93%

Vertical Jump 79%

40 Time 88%

10 Yard split 98%

Archived