Nick Mangold.. HOF 'er ? ? ?

kelly

10 hours ago, GoingToMyGraveGreen said:

The Jets have had three great centers in their history....John Schmitt (#52 living in my home town Merrick! Hofstra alumnus and whose Super Bowl ring was lost and 40 years later found here in Honolulu (Waikiki) where I now live)...Joe Fields and Mangold...all anchored strong offensive lines.....

You forgot one.

460765084.0.jpeg

He didn't start here, but he was a Jet longer than he was with any other team and he's knocking on Canton's door.

I am sorry I do not see this the way a lot of you see it.  Mawae was,by far, a superior Center than Mangold!  If Mawae does not get in there is no way Mangold does.

Just like there is no way Klecko gets in before Gastineau does.

I think peoples hearts are in the right place.  It is just affecting their judgment.

2 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I am sorry I do not see this the way a lot of you see it.  Mawae is,by far, a superior Center than Mangold!  If Mawae does not get in there is no way Mangold does.

Mawae is getting in, he deserves it and had the better career. Both are all time great Jets and we we're lucky to have them but Mawae had better career.

13 hours ago, The Crusher said:

It’s ok princess. I havd  my own obsession of a hot blonde, my amazing bride of 20 years. She becomes more beautiful every year. 

04D47ACC-FD96-4EA7-8940-D8571D92D001.jpeg

Congrats & Very Best Wishes to Both of U ! !..

:cool: 

I think he makes it to the HOF.  Not his fault he spent his entire career on a team that sucked.  While Sanchez buttfumbled, Nick was doing his job. While player after player and coach after coach found even more creative ways to define the word SUCK, Nick kept on being great.  Yep, Canton it is.

14 hours ago, afjetsfan said:

I think he makes it to the HOF.  Not his fault he spent his entire career on a team that sucked.  While Sanchez buttfumbled, Nick was doing his job. While player after player and coach after coach found even more creative ways to define the word SUCK, Nick kept on being great.  Yep, Canton it is.

he won 4 playoff games and made 2 title games w/ Sanchez in 4 seasons. His other 7 seasons he made the playoffs once and didn't win a playoff game.  why must jet fans bash Sanchez all the time?

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

he won 4 playoff games and made 2 title games w/ Sanchez in 4 seasons. His other 7 seasons he made the playoffs once and didn't win a playoff game.  why must jet fans bash Sanchez all the time?

I think it is because the Jets were stacked with talent back in 2009-10 and if we had even a mid-level talented QB, we most likely win a Super Bowl.    Sanchez made too many mistakes during those years that cost us.  At the time we chalked it up to him being so young and raw, but fast forward 8 years and seeing what Sanchez became, it makes you think maybe he was young and raw but he never turned into anything but a sh*tty QB.  Mark is only 31 and should be in his prime but he isn't even on a roster.  That says everything you need to know about his abilities.

41 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

I think it is because the Jets were stacked with talent back in 2009-10 and if we had even a mid-level talented QB, we most likely win a Super Bowl.    Sanchez made too many mistakes during those years that cost us.  At the time we chalked it up to him being so young and raw, but fast forward 8 years and seeing what Sanchez became, it makes you think maybe he was young and raw but he never turned into anything but a sh*tty QB.  Mark is only 31 and should be in his prime but he isn't even on a roster.  That says everything you need to know about his abilities.

We were stacked with talent in 2008 with a much weaker schedule, no Tom Brady around and we had a Hall of Fame QB yet we couldn't even make the playoffs.  Mark was vital to those runs, his career changed when, unlike other teams with young QBs, we stripped all the talent around him and expected him to get better.

Archived