9. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings

8. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions

7. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers

6. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

5. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

4. Jimmy Garoppolo, San Francisco 49ers

3. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

Don't understand the Tannehill hate. Last three years he played his QB ratings were 93, 89 and 94. He also had better than 2:1 TDs:INTs and threw for 4000+ yards in each season except the last when he blew out his ACL (he was on track). He was also well above 60% compl. in each. I'm not saying crown him but to rank him below Bortles, all the first round rookies, and Flacco? Tough crowd.

28 minutes ago, jgb said:

Don't understand the Tannehill hate. Last three years he played his QB ratings were 93, 89 and 94. He also had better than 2:1 TDs:INTs and threw for 4000+ yards in each season except the last when he blew out his ACL (he was on track). He was also well above 60% compl. in each. I'm not saying crown him but to rank him below Bortles, all the first round rookies, and Flacco? Tough crowd.

tumblr_my0yq0F2dk1t8quc8o1_500.gif

12 minutes ago, kelly said:

tumblr_my0yq0F2dk1t8quc8o1_500.gif

For a fanbase with a sizeable minority still believing Sanchez and/or Geno was raw-dealed here, Tannehill would have a statue already in the Meadowlands were he a Jet.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Tannehill is like Bortles pre-2017

Good on paper, crap on the field

41 minutes ago, jgb said:

For a fanbase with a sizeable minority still believing Sanchez and/or Geno was raw-dealed here, Tannehill would have a statue already in the Meadowlands were he a Jet.

For doing what?  Going 6-10?  Suckchez and Geno the Genius did that already

18 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Tannehill falls into the Andy Dalton level of QB's.  Not quite bad enough to lose his job, good enough to keep his starting job for 6+ years, but never good enough to elevate his team to become a perennial playoff contender. 

Tannehill isn’t even as good as Dalton.  I’d take Dalton over him in a heartbeat

Tannehill has kept his job because Matt Moore is mediocre and Tanenbomb loves overpaying extensions to his own qbs

I think Tannehill is done in Miami after next season

It turns out the neck injury that forced Quincy Enunwa to miss the entire 2017 season was a long time coming.

The Jets wide receiver was forced to undergo surgery on a bulging disc last season. It was believed that the injury was the result of Enunwa falling during the Jets’ preseason intrasquad scrimmage last August, but he told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News that he had actually been experiencing neck pain since Week 14 of the 2015 season.

“If it happens again, it’s not going to be like I have to have surgery again,” Enunwa told the News. “It’s going to be gradual just like this was. This happened three years ago and gradually got worse. I got hurt against the Titans in my second year… and it got progressively worse.”

Now, Enunwa seems to be doing just fine, though the Jets are being naturally precautious with him to start OTAs. Enunwa said he went through little rehab, though he did have to wear a brace and sleep a certain for a period of time. Prior to surgery, doctors told him that the disc was not life- or career-threatening. Now, he’s easing back into football activities.

As he looks to make up for lost time, both Enunwa and the Jets are hoping he can make an impact upon his return. Prior to getting hurt, Enunwa was poised to be Gang Green’s No. 1 wide receiver in 2017 after a breakout 2016 saw him catch 58 passes for 857 yards and four touchdowns. A versatile receiver who can range from the slot to the outside, Enunwa is also a strong blocker and can line up at tight end or in the backfield.

With Enunwa set to be a free agent after the season, a healthy and productive year could do him wonders on the open market.

“I want to be a difference maker,” Enunwa told the News. The Jets wouldn’t have it any other way.

Archived