Kelly Dept.: Kelly posts links to articles and Big Bang Theory gifs here ~~~

kelly

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kelly said:

Can the Jets trust Robby Anderson moving forward ?       https://thejetpress.com/2018/05/17/new-york-jets-trust-robby-anderson-moving-forward/ 

Trust with what ? My car ? No lol. Let’s not act like we have great playmakers coming up behind Anderson that we have a choice wether we can trust him or not. He will likely re-sign with the jets next offseason if not sooner. Mac doesn’t want to draft WRs before the 3rd round. Anderson won’t get anywhere near the $$$ on open market than what the jets will offer him.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Inside of who? Is it the coaches job to keep Leonard comfortable, or to get the best players on the field?  I can remember them saying that he had some of his only sacks as a shaded NT inside of MO. 

I assume Jenkins is the "slow edge setter?"  I was one of the guys thinking this, but I think Jenkins is a better athlete than that.  SPARQ has him in the 71% of NFL OLB.  His jumps were pretty good and he has excellent reach.   His 40 was awful, but his 10 yard split was good.  I think we are set with him and should be looking to extend him sooner rather than later.  The other OLB spot is pretty much a disaster.

Great post, however I vehemently disagree. The Williams led defense never makes a big play, never turns the opponent over for a score, never gets off of the field late in games to secure a victory. When was the last time a Jet made a strip sack / play like the Philly guy did in the SB to secure the game? The answer is probably early 2010's or prior. It is not us fans who are desperate to win's fault that Williams is viewed as over rated. He is over rated thus far. Coaching I agree is non existent as long as the moron is still here, but we cannot over pay an average DL'man based on hype. Leo needs to solidify himself as the defensive leader and show it on the field every game. Then we can stop calling him over rated. Go out and make a play or 2 or 3 to win some games. You will see how fast us fans tune would change.

Williams slid to the Jets in the draft that year because teams didn’t see him as a threat as an edge rusher.  He was a safe pick nothing more.  He’s an OK decent interior lineman thus far.  Overall isn’t going to transform a defense or dominate a game, but there aren’t a lot of interior guys who do dominate a game.  Those are a rarer breed.  That’s why when you continually draft interior D linemen in the first round you don’t get the bang for your buck you do with edge rushers, because interior guys have to be truly dominant to effect the game the way an edge rusher can. Coples, Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams none of them were or are effective on the edge, and all but one are not on this roster anymore.  It’s almost criminally negligent how edge rusher has been ignored in the draft by this team.  

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Williams slid to the Jets in the draft that year because teams didn’t see him as a threat as an edge rusher.  He was a safe pick nothing more.  He’s an OK decent interior lineman thus far.  Overall isn’t going to transform a defense or dominate a game, but there aren’t a lot of interior guys who do dominate a game.  Those are a rarer breed...   

This,  Williams and Adams were both safe picks (good players worthy of a second contract) and I think that was partly the goal, yes, you always want great/HOF players picked that high but swinging for the fences earns as many strike outs as home runs...  

The Jets had almost a decade of "strike outs" first round picks who were not worthy of a second contract, and wasted all 2nd round picks, many were out of football bad - a team needs some foundation to enable a star to shine

explains the Nathan Shepherd pick (who I think will outperform Mo) this should be the first year since Brick retired that we see some foundation, some consistency...

Archived