9. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings

8. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions

7. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers

6. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

5. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

4. Jimmy Garoppolo, San Francisco 49ers

3. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

You have Jameis Winston AHEAD of Rivers, at 14? You must be joking. 

On 5/30/2018 at 10:29 AM, jgb said:

Don't understand the Tannehill hate. Last three years he played his QB ratings were 93, 89 and 94. He also had better than 2:1 TDs:INTs and threw for 4000+ yards in each season except the last when he blew out his ACL (he was on track). He was also well above 60% compl. in each. I'm not saying crown him but to rank him below Bortles, all the first round rookies, and Flacco? Tough crowd.

Stat ladder. Never wins a game. Always plays from behind in double digit deficits. Only shows up when the game is out of reach. Most games he’ll throw for like 80 yards in the first half with an UNT and 45% completion. 

10 hours ago, j4jets said:

Stat ladder. Never wins a game. Always plays from behind in double digit deficits. Only shows up when the game is out of reach. Most games he’ll throw for like 80 yards in the first half with an UNT and 45% completion. 

If a qb is consistently posting 4,000 yards, a 90+ rating and 2:1 TD:INT, maybe the defense bears some responsibility for a  losing record. Tannehill is gonna be this generations vinny testaverde and have a late career peak after fins move on 

3 hours ago, jgb said:

If a qb is consistently posting 4,000 yards, a 90+ rating and 2:1 TD:INT, maybe the defense bears some responsibility for a  losing record. Tannehill is gonna be this generations vinny testaverde and have a late career peak after fins move on 

7, 8, 8, 6, 7. Tannehill’s win totals each of the first 5 years. 

11, 7, 7, 6. Win totals the 4 years prior to RT. He hasn’t changed that organization one bit. His Sunday’s start off very slow, sinking and dunking to Landry. Then when the lead would go up to double digits with a quarter left, he would throw for 150 yards. And lose. That’s his usual Sundays. And he has (had?) a pretty good supporting cast. Moore comes in and wins 3 out of the 4 games he played in 2016 to take that team to the playoffs. Matt Moore. I remember him ripping a new one on the Jets as well. That Matt Moore. He’s a FA now while RT pretends to be an NFL QB. He’s not the modern era Vinny. He’s Fitz V2.0. Cant win a meaningful game but the stats look decent. Oh and he conned his way to a ‘Tanny’s Sanchez-special’ contract. Like Fitz. I’m glad he’s a Fin. 

I'm a bit confused by the list ... it says best YOUNG QB in the NFL, so clearly trying to factor in age (hence Darnold above Big Ben, for example). But how come old man Brady ends up at 5???

EDIT - just clicked the linked out of curiosity, it adds this clarification:

Here is a list of all the quarterbacks in the NFL, ranked with one question in mind -- if you were starting a team, with the future and not just the 2018 season in mind, which quarterback would you want on your team?

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

7, 8, 8, 6, 7. Tannehill’s win totals each of the first 5 years. 

11, 7, 7, 6. Win totals the 4 years prior to RT. He hasn’t changed that organization one bit. His Sunday’s start off very slow, sinking and dunking to Landry. Then when the lead would go up to double digits with a quarter left, he would throw for 150 yards. And lose. That’s his usual Sundays. And he has (had?) a pretty good supporting cast. Moore comes in and wins 3 out of the 4 games he played in 2016 to take that team to the playoffs. Matt Moore. I remember him ripping a new one on the Jets as well. That Matt Moore. He’s a FA now while RT pretends to be an NFL QB. He’s not the modern era Vinny. He’s Fitz V2.0. Cant win a meaningful game but the stats look decent. Oh and he conned his way to a ‘Tanny’s Sanchez-special’ contract. Like Fitz. I’m glad he’s a Fin. 

I’d love to live in an alternate universe where tannehill was a jet putting up the same numbers. Then all we’d hear about is lack of weaponz and getting no support from the defense blah blah blah

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I’d love to live in an alternate universe where tannehill was a jet putting up the same numbers. Then all we’d hear about is lack of weaponz and getting no support from the defense blah blah blah

Fitz already did that. Didn’t work out too well for us. He’s actually correctly ranked as the fourth worst starting QB in the league, although I disagree on the three QBs ranked below him. 

Having said all that, I’ve liked RT. I’ve got Landry in my keepers league and the tiny 5 yard dinks and dunks gets me plenty of PPR points. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You're absolutely right that there would be tons of dopey Jets fans who would buy into his inflated stats. Hell, we still have fans who think Sanchez was good.

Doesn't change the fact that the guy stinks against good defenses and loses every big game he ever plays. Completes lots of dink and dunk passes and pads his stats in garbage time. He's the absolute worst kind of QB you can have in the NFL -- the kind that is just good enough to keep and get an extension where he's way overpaid but isn't good enough to ever actually win anything. He's QB purgatory, along with guys like Flacco and Dalton.

11 hours ago, j4jets said:

Fitz already did that. Didn’t work out too well for us. He’s actually correctly ranked as the fourth worst starting QB in the league, although I disagree on the three QBs ranked below him. 

Having said all that, I’ve liked RT. I’ve got Landry in my keepers league and the tiny 5 yard dinks and dunks gets me plenty of PPR points. 

Didn’t work out well for us? That was the best jets Football we’ve seen in almost a decade

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Didn’t work out well for us? That was the best jets Football we’ve seen in almost a decade

Let me guess, you’re a Fitz fan? It wasn’t even close to the “best Jets football we’ve seen in almost a decade”. 

People are complaining about Tannehill's ranking when Brady is ranked 5th behind Jimmy Garapallo? The whole list is a joke.
It's a list out who you would choose if you were starting a franchise today, looking long term. So trying to factor age into the equation.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, j4jets said:

Let me guess, you’re a Fitz fan? It wasn’t even close to the “best Jets football we’ve seen in almost a decade”. 

I liked to see the Jets win 10 games and be in the playoff hunt all the way to week 17 after a 4-win dumpster fire of a season.

Last time the jets won double digit games was in 2008. A decade ago. So yes that fitz year was “the best jets football we’ve seen in almost a decade.” By definition, in fact.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I liked to see the Jets win 10 games and be in the playoff hunt all the way to week 17 after a 4-win dumpster fire of a season.

Last time the jets won double digit games was in 2008. A decade ago. So yes that fitz year was “the best jets football we’ve seen in almost a decade.” By definition, in fact.

I understand you didn’t enjoy the 4 win season. Nobody did. But we won 11 games in 2010, only 5 years prior to the best Jets football you claim. And we went on to beat Brady n Manning in their primes in the playoffs, at their home fields. Back to back. We were one score away from being a SB team. There’s really no comparison between the Fitz’ choke season and 2010. Or even 2009. 

With that settled, I hope, RT is still the third worst QB in the league. 

On 6/3/2018 at 9:14 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

People are complaining about Tannehill's ranking when Brady is ranked 5th behind Jimmy Garapallo? The whole list is a joke.

It's a list beyond one game or one season, like a keep league. Brady is 5 because he's only got a few seasons left

Archived