Josh Norman on Darnold

Lith

My coworker the Denver fan also says they have a surplus of pass rushers that they won't be able to resign in the coming years. Could be here that a deal is taking shape ... (I am too lazy to look over the Broncos roster and figure it out ...) But I'd love it if our GM could fleece Mr. Piano Teeth.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Elway is looking for a backup because Lynch appears well and truly to be a bust now and Kelly is a nobody.

Strange guy to call a nobody.  He may not be a highly touted prospect, but Mr. Irrelevant is Jim Kelly's godson, and was kicked out of Clemson for "conduct detrimental" when he should have been competing for the starting job with Cliff Stoudt's boy Cole and Deshaun Watson.  He had a monster year and won the JuCo title and then ended up on Ole Miss and had pretty good numbers beating Alabama, Auburn and LSU and winning Sugar Bowl MVP, then tore his ACL as a senior.  Basically he dropped in the draft because he is short, had two ACL injuries and had a bunch of character concerns.  FWIW, he's over an inch taller than Mayfield. 

5 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

We cant possibly ask for much more regarding Darnold than we've already gotten so far.  Keep in mind, he missed some camp time, and he is just 21 years old.

This rules.

Sure we can. Sam can look good Thursday too as well as the following week. If he can be good consistently then well... Not to say I'm not thrilled with what Sam has demonstrated to this point.

7 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Yeah, but this punk bitch is an experienced and knowledgeable football player.  This should mean more because of who he is on the field.  ?

I know that. I was just trying to be funny. I do think he's one of the best corners in the league and the fact that he said that about Darnold is really cool

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Strange guy to call a nobody.  He may not be a highly touted prospect, but Mr. Irrelevant is Jim Kelly's godson, and was kicked out of Clemson for "conduct detrimental" when he should have been competing for the starting job with Cliff Stoudt's boy Cole and Deshaun Watson.  He had a monster year and won the JuCo title and then ended up on Ole Miss and had pretty good numbers beating Alabama, Auburn and LSU and winning Sugar Bowl MVP, then tore his ACL as a senior.  Basically he dropped in the draft because he is short, had two ACL injuries and had a bunch of character concerns.  FWIW, he's over an inch taller than Mayfield. 

I’ve watched Kelly play live many times. He’s actually got some talent if I ever seen any.

7 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I don't see it playing out that way. They can go into the season with Teddy as backup and just bide their time until another team gets desperate. I don't buy that Teddy won't accept that. He's under contract, so he'll have to accept it the way Nick Foles did. Besides, he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would raise a stink over something like that. Hopefully, with Sammy putting the knock down on the league's bottom-dwellers, he can show his stuff in garbage time. Meanwhile his knee gets stronger.

My greatest wish is that the "desperate" team that comes crawling for Teddy is the Giants. The irony would be so delicious I'd pass out. 

That would really be the icing on the cake of this entire offseason!

Archived