Quick Observations (WSH)

KRL

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

He's better (for now).

That's debatable. Bridgewater hasn't played anyone this preseason they'll be starting in a few weeks. And I could argue that Bridgewater's interception against scrubs was a much worse throw than Darnold's interception. Darnold was forced to throw it based on the down, Bridgewater just made a terrible throw.

He's disposable.

No, he isn't.

Bridgewater was never a mobile QB, just bc he's black doesn't mean he's a runner. He's was always elusive in the pocket but he hardly ever ran. I'm assuming you never saw him play with the Vikings? He ran a 4.79 in the 40, Darnold ran a 4.85.  That was pre-injury. The injury he sustained, I'm sure, made him less mobile and even more risk averse to running. Darnold has shown to be just as elusive if not more.

Two years ago, fully healed.  

And again, he is disposable.

Source?

Given how imobile and injury risk he is, if we take your word, why on earth would someone ELSE want him in a trade?

Investing in Teddy long term would be a mistake for any franchise. After an ACL surgery you are 4x more likely to injure your ACL again. That's a ton of risk for a league who is very risk averse. Now, why would a team trade for him this year? He's on a 1 year deal and the compensation will be pretty low. There's very little risk involved if he does get hurt

Opinions, they're like....well, you know the rest.

It IS funny how inconsistent the Teddy Traders are, on one hand they talk endless smack about how bad and risky TB is....

....on the other they're confident some OTHER team will trade us a high pick for him, late in preseason, with many thinking TB will replace their starter!  The very definition of a "our trash for your treasure" type argument.

Amazing scenes.

I've actually never said he was bad. He's actually looked very good against scrubs so far. And I don't hate him, I actually admire the guys perseverance. But he has no future here. I don't think the Jets will get nearly the value in a trade that others think. I could see a 5th for 2019 and then a conditional  mid round pick in 2020 based on if he's re-signed. The biggest compensation would be saving $4 million by trading him that they can then carry over to next year. They need all of the money they can to go all in for 2019-2022 before they have to presumably pay Darnold again. And the truth is if you want the guy who gives the Jets the best chance to win right now to play then it's neither of them. It would be McCown. That's based on a few things. 

1. How he played last year

2. Darnold is a rookie

3. Bridgewater hasn't played in 2 years and coming off a major injury that almost ended his career. 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Because Darnold is the future. Bridgewater probably won't be here next year.

Don't want to risk ruining Darnold's future with a poor O-line.

So if in 4 years the line is bad again should the Jets sit him for the season again? This argument makes no sense.

12 hours ago, slats said:

Absolutely nothing at all like the people referring to Teddy as the best QB on the team, some even calling him the second best QB in the AFCe, then claiming the Jets couldn’t possibly hope to get more than a fifth round pick for him. 

Nothing like that at all. 

Best on OUR team, today, right now, very early in Darnold's development, doesn't say much.  

I have no idea who says TB is the 2nd best in AFCe, that's just silly tbqh.

And yes, I don't think we'll even get an offer for him before the seasons starts, much less an offer better than a fifth. 

We'll just have to wait and see.  If we trade him in a week for a 2nd, I'll happily admit I was quite wrong.

6 hours ago, choon328 said:

So if in 4 years the line is bad again should the Jets sit him for the season again? This argument makes no sense.

Rookies are more vulnerable (psychologically). A lot of promising young QB's have been ruined because of poor protection (David Carr comes to mind).

They start to hear footsteps and don't bounce back the way veterans do.

Archived