Pete Carmichael???

AL047

I'm surprised at a name no one has mentioned as a candidate and I think he is qualified its the New Orleans Saints Offensive Coordinator Pete Carmichael. He's been the coordinator for almost 10 years and has worked with QB Drew Brees. He should of been one of the first people to interview for the Jets HC position. I wonder if he will be interviewed???

1 minute ago, AL047 said:

I'm surprised at a name no one has mentioned as a candidate and I think he is qualified its the New Orleans Saints Offensive Coordinator Pete Carmichael. He's been the coordinator for almost 10 years and has worked with QB Drew Brees. He should of been one of the first people to interview for the Jets HC position. I wonder if he will be interviewed???

He was mentioned plenty in other threads

Just now, AL047 said:

I like him as a candidate... I mentioned him before, working with Payton for so long ... I think he can do well.

2 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Surprising part is someone mentioned it a couple of hours ago.  And a couple of days.  And before that......

He has been mentioned a lot and he would be a great candidate however, one can only judge this by his resume and his smarts he may just not have the head coach leader mentality.  Zero concern about play calling.  He knows how to design a top notch offense and coach QBs.

I asked the same question in a "if not McCarthy then who..." thread a while ago.

It is curious that he gets no PR or Pub as a candidate.  His resume would certainly warrant it.

Perhaps he is that rare beast who simply likes working for who he works, doing what he does, where he does, and has no personal ambition for more or to be the top dog.

Who knows.

1 hour ago, AL047 said:

Pete Carmichael does not actually exist.  Payton is collecting an extra salary

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I asked the same question in a "if not McCarthy then who..." thread a while ago.

It is curious that he gets no PR or Pub as a candidate.  His resume would certainly warrant it.

Perhaps he is that rare beast who simply likes working for who he works, doing what he does, where he does, and has no personal ambition for more or to be the top dog.

Who knows.

Yeah, it really is curious and tells you there must be something more to the story. He's been mentioned around here plenty of times, and for understandable reasons. Yet I've never seen his name mentioned at all by media, related to the Jets position or any other. It could be his own lack of interest, as you suggested, or perhaps some general perception in league circles that has people convinced he's simply not cut out for the top job. Who knows, but certainly curious.

Archived