Broncos Hire Fangio, Browns Hire Kitchens

CrazyCarl40

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

We are ****ed. Knew it was too good to be true. The current organizational structure wouldn’t allow for McCarthy to have control over the roster. 

Rhule is a ridiculous candidate. There’s no legitimate justification or argument for the guy. Monken is underwhelming. 

10 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:
43TZIcFT_normal.jpg

Mike McCarthy is going to/has asked the Jets for the moon. (Salary, whatever "control" he desires.) If the Jets say yes, he's their head coach. If not, they'll pivot to Matt Rhule or Todd Monken...

We are ****ed. Knew it was too good to be true. The current organizational structure wouldn’t allow for McCarthy to have control over the roster. 

Rhule is a ridiculous candidate. There’s no legitimate justification or argument for the guy. Monken is underwhelming.  

And this is another huge reason I want McCarthy.  It would be a signal that Maccagnan's power is dwindling.

This is too important of an offseason to be d**king around with personnel decisions.  Over $100 million in cap space and the # 3 pick....the HC better damn well have a major say in where those resources go. 

21 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Except for the fact that he's a fantastic overall leader and not just a cool hip offensive coordinator?

13 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Except for the fact that he's a fantastic overall leader and not just a cool hip offensive coordinator?

What has he accomplished? National Championships or even appearances? Conference championships? Notable quarterbacks that he’s developed? 

He’s got ~.500 record, in college. How will he develop Sam Darnold? I’m not being sarcastic or a SOJF, I just don’t see it.

I’d chuckle if Miami hired the guy. 

Archived