Positional top 5s for the Jets Draft

Paradis

8 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Yeah theres a good chance the Jets pick Quinnen Williams. Either him or Bosa are my guesses if they stay at 3 .  And I cant talk draft anymore. Enough speculation . We get the real thing on thursday. Too many predictions and guesses and wants. I know its something to talk about but I just cant read anymore predictions. But thats me.  

No it's NOT just you. lol

16 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

No it's NOT just you. lol

Yeah I’m over it. I’m not gonna bad mouth any of the guys with all kind of draft trades and picks and scenarios but I am not reading any of them and this might be the only one I commented on. Been thru plenty of Jet drafts and they’re normally a disappointment but last years wasn’t.  All the mocks end Thursday and then the grades start.  Lol. It never ends. 

4 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

No Sweat? 

4 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

Hakeem Butler?

OP -- "My top 5s are based on a mix ability/confidence but also where talent meets the value -- so doesn't always translate to popular boards.

In other words; not meant to be an objective top 5 at the position. It's top 5 for the Jets -- based on our needs, value round by round, and our picks... Otherwise my Top 5 WRs would have started with Hollywood, and ended with AJ... Butler isn't a target in a round 1 trade back, and in round 2 I like Harry better. After Harry, there's Tackles or Centers I would prioritize over him. He'll be gone before I would pull the trigger, if that makes sense.

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

OP -- "My top 5s are based on a mix ability/confidence but also where talent meets the value -- so doesn't always translate to popular boards.

In other words; not meant to be an objective top 5 at the position. It's top 5 for the Jets -- based on our needs, value round by round, and our picks... Otherwise my Top 5 WRs would have started with Hollywood, and ended with AJ... Butler isn't a target in a round 1 trade back, and in round 2 I like Harry better. After Harry, there's Tackles or Centers I would prioritize over him. He'll be gone before I would pull the trigger, if that makes sense.

I think that I understand what you're doing with your rankings. My question was meant to be, so you don't feel that Sweat fits a team need?

Great post, btw. 

On 4/20/2019 at 6:28 PM, Paradis said:

RBs:

1. D. Singletary, FAU (rnd 3-4)
  2. D. Williams, ND (rnd 4-5)

WRs: (emphasis on X/split end)

1. N. Harry, ASU (rnd 2, *trade)
  2. J. Hurd, Baylor (rnd 3-4)

TEs:

1. N. Fant, Iowa (rnd 1 *trade)

OTs

1. A. Dillard, WSU (rnd 1/2 *trade)

Center

1. G. Bradbury, NC St (rnd 1 *trade)

Pass Rusher:

1. N. Bosa, OSU (rnd 1)
  2. J. Allen, KU (rnd 1)
  3. B. Burns, FSU (rnd 1 *trade)

Dline:

1. E. Oliver, Hou (rnd 1)

I have become a bit enamored with N'Keal Harry would like to get him as a true WR.

Hurd would be good with me as a later selection/developmental playmaker.

Fant is my TE, which I don't think we draft a TE high enough.

The rest of the highlighted players are just guys I like and would be okay with selecting. 

Archived