Albert Breer gets to the bottom of what happened

The whole "Macc indecisiveness" thing makes me laugh.  Macc was trying to get a 5th rounder for Darren Lee but KC only wanted to trade a 6th.  Gase's first day as interim-GM he trades Lee for a 6th. 
It's easy to be "decisive" when you just give in to the other team's demands - lol.

EDIT: if the Chiefs viewed Lee as "one of the best pure cover LBs in football", why is it so bad that Macc was holding out for a little more compensation?  Keep in mind that KC's pick will likely be toward the very bottom of the round.
Shortly after Maccagnan was fired, Kansas City sensed opportunity, and called to offer their 2020 sixth-round pick for Lee, who the Chiefs view as one of the best pure cover linebackers in football.

I completely agree with you. It’s not indecisive to understand the value of a commodity. We wound have gotten the 5th or better at some point imo. Small potatoes overall but it does show that we had better get a damn GM in the building before more stupid things happen.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

33 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

jesus. What kinda ass backward thinking is this? It’s like Mac did everything he could to not invest in the OL. What an idiot. 

the key sentence from pauline was when he said the two criticisms of mccagnan were 1) too indecisive and 2) too old school, specifically that he did not value certain positions, two of which were C and TE.  so yeah it's now easy in hindsight to see why the OL is where it is, why they haven't signed certain guys in FA and why he tried to use the 3rd and 4th round picks to appease the new HC after not addressing these needs in FA.  if i'm gase i'd be pissed that after being sold on using $$ to address offense they didn't get his preferred rb in coleman, his preferred blocking TE in fells and his preferred C.  pauline also said the rift occurred well before the draft, and this is easy to see why.