2020 C8 'Vette to debut on July 18th

Chevy is finally rolling out the new Corvette in mid July. About $62M base to start, 500HP tweak of the 6.2 in the current Sting Ray and yes, finally a mid engine. Looks reminds one of the old NSX me thinks, well kinda. Thank goodness they invented rear view cameras. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6bR738Nkz0

Interesting that Chevy is making the engine "unhackable" to disallow third party tuners.

This is going to shake up this auto segment at this price. I'd worry about reliability though. A lot of test mules were photographed being towed away. 

Unfortunately, dual clutch only (as is the new 911). Guess I keep my when-win-Lotto plans at the Porsche dealer for that Boxster GTS.

Besides, with this engine and mid-mill balance, plus with a body that looks like this, owners might as well get on a monthly payment plans with their local cops and state troopers.

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I likey ☺

I would have preferred a manual trans but with all the computer controls used in these cutting edge sports cars the auto trans will be much better at putting the HP to effective use.

I will never not own a stick.  

I'll give up 50-100HP for just being able to shift myself.

• Upvote 2

Nice. I like the direction they are heading.  I have no problem locking out the engine to third-party tuners.  Purist can appreciate that. And, although it took me a while, dual clutch transmissions are really phenomenal. I drive one in my M3 and it’s quicker to shift than the fastest person with a left foot and right hand.  I’ve never been the biggest fan of American “muscle cars” because I feel they lacked some of the sophistication and real driving dynamics of European cars.  Driving is about more than horsepower and 0 to 60 times. But, I think things are starting to change and there is nothing better for the automobile industry than a classy new Corvette.