Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Legend Killa7

No Jets practice today?

Recommended Posts

I haven't seen any tweets yet (I love seeing those!) and now I hear the pope just say that today was supposed to be Jets camp day for him, but has to be rescheduled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Francessa say rescheduled or canceled? They had training camp today. It's different now bec they are doing it with cards simulating preparing for a game. No more first team defense vs first team offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Training Camp is over. Practices are more closed off now and the tweets will be limited.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Did Francessa say rescheduled or canceled? They had training camp today. It's different now bec they are doing it with cards simulating preparing for a game. No more first team defense vs first team offense.

he said there was a "scheduling conflict" and that they would have to do it some other time.  not sure if that means this year or next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Training Camp is over. Practices are more closed off now and the tweets will be limited.

gotcha.  thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a practice today and there were tweets about it. I think everyone here were too busy posting about other teams to notice. 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a few updates I was able to dig up -- like kdels said, not nearly as much info now that camp has broken.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 of 6, including a 53 yarder.  Progress.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here is one for those of us who are not quite ready to give up on Polite

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would be a cost saving move to move P Edwards out..  possible trade bait?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

would be a cost saving move to move P Edwards out..  possible trade bait?

Not really.  Edwards salary is $739K; Darr is at $720K.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lith said:

Not really.  Edwards salary is $739K; Darr is at $720K.  

 

mmm wonder why they're even bothering with 2 punters then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matthew007b said:

mmm wonder why they're even bothering with 2 punters then? 

I don't get it either.  I would much rather see them carry 2 kickers instead of 2 punters.  Or an extra CB.  But we hve had the two punters for several months now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Practice was moved to 11:30am today but it definitely happened.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Practice was moved to 11:30am today but it definitely happened.

maybe they did it to avoid Francessa!!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I haven't seen any tweets yet (I love seeing those!) and now I hear the pope just say that today was supposed to be Jets camp day for him, but has to be rescheduled?

I thought camps over, they're into regular practices now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not really.  Edwards salary is $739K; Darr is at $720K.  

 

Edwards is in the final year of his contract.  It is good practice to either have someone waiting in the wings or take over that they control past that.  I think Darr will be an RFA next year.

6 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

mmm wonder why they're even bothering with 2 punters then? 

See above.  Darr was with the Dolphins.  Presumably Gase likes him.  

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't get it either.  I would much rather see them carry 2 kickers instead of 2 punters.  Or an extra CB.  But we hve had the two punters for several months now.

I think they feel they have 2 NFL punters.  They probably feel they have 0 NFL kickers.  The dream is to pull off what the Ravens did.  Don't use up your #1 and get a draft pick for the extra.   Doesn't make sense to use a roster spot if they don't like anybody.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I thought camps over, they're into regular practices now? 

I usually come here and to another site (not sure about rules here if I should mention it?) and neither had anything about today.  Just now that other site did have their daily report up, and they said reporters are still allowed at practice today, tomorrow and Thursday, even though camp is officially over.  starting next week, no press, and therefore, no more reports.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I usually come here and to another site (not sure about rules here if I should mention it?) and neither had anything about today.  Just now that other site did have their daily report up, and they said reporters are still allowed at practice today, tomorrow and Thursday, even though camp is officially over.  starting next week, no press, and therefore, no more reports.

I assumed as much but think some of those tweeters aren't part of the regular press and maybe don't have the same access as during camp?  Not sure but seem to remember the tweeting falling off after the end of camp.  Gases presser is up on YouTube though, gave some good info out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...