No Jets practice today?

5 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Did Francessa say rescheduled or canceled? They had training camp today. It's different now bec they are doing it with cards simulating preparing for a game. No more first team defense vs first team offense.

he said there was a "scheduling conflict" and that they would have to do it some other time.  not sure if that means this year or next?

Just now, Matthew007b said:

mmm wonder why they're even bothering with 2 punters then? 

I don't get it either.  I would much rather see them carry 2 kickers instead of 2 punters.  Or an extra CB.  But we hve had the two punters for several months now.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I haven't seen any tweets yet (I love seeing those!) and now I hear the pope just say that today was supposed to be Jets camp day for him, but has to be rescheduled?

I thought camps over, they're into regular practices now? 

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not really.  Edwards salary is $739K; Darr is at $720K.  

Edwards is in the final year of his contract.  It is good practice to either have someone waiting in the wings or take over that they control past that.  I think Darr will be an RFA next year.

6 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

mmm wonder why they're even bothering with 2 punters then? 

See above.  Darr was with the Dolphins.  Presumably Gase likes him.  

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't get it either.  I would much rather see them carry 2 kickers instead of 2 punters.  Or an extra CB.  But we hve had the two punters for several months now.

I think they feel they have 2 NFL punters.  They probably feel they have 0 NFL kickers.  The dream is to pull off what the Ravens did.  Don't use up your #1 and get a draft pick for the extra.   Doesn't make sense to use a roster spot if they don't like anybody.  

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I thought camps over, they're into regular practices now? 

I usually come here and to another site (not sure about rules here if I should mention it?) and neither had anything about today.  Just now that other site did have their daily report up, and they said reporters are still allowed at practice today, tomorrow and Thursday, even though camp is officially over.  starting next week, no press, and therefore, no more reports.

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I usually come here and to another site (not sure about rules here if I should mention it?) and neither had anything about today.  Just now that other site did have their daily report up, and they said reporters are still allowed at practice today, tomorrow and Thursday, even though camp is officially over.  starting next week, no press, and therefore, no more reports.

I assumed as much but think some of those tweeters aren't part of the regular press and maybe don't have the same access as during camp?  Not sure but seem to remember the tweeting falling off after the end of camp.  Gases presser is up on YouTube though, gave some good info out.