Everything is SO up in the air right now for the Jets...

BigJermaineFromQnz

Guys I am very drunk right now so rorgive me for any stuff but listen.

I was reading through this site while eating, and I was just thinking...

Is there any other theam that really has more question marks the us right now?

We have a young-ass head coach who is supposed to be good but no one else trying to grab him, a THIRTY TWO YEAR OLD OC, haha, and a LOT of questions about who will be back playing for the team, espeically on the offense, and ESPECIALly at QUARTERBACK ahha.

Listen guys, whoever says dont feel bad for Jets fans is just plain stupid. Look at what happened with Pennington. This is about as bad as you could have imagined it 4 years ago. We had this guy, who even though he had a pussy arm and a terrible coach, for some reason he had a knack for winning games when they were on the line. Anybody who can try to say that they waerent completely excited when Penny was at the controls is lying. The guy made you get a feeling like you were on a scary roller coaster but you just knew it would stop at the right place every time. And his homegrown anthusiasm for playing for us was really nice to see...

Whatever though, we got a really raw deal and now he's fighting a CAREER ENDING INJURY ((LOL). thats really a bad deal for jets fans especially after we decided this guy was the franchise.

All I'm trying to say is more than any other team we have no real clue what next year is going to be like. I love this team a lot, and I have hope that with the NFL the way it is (Bad teams suddenly becomming good, Good teams suddently becoming bad), Penny will start next year, we'll manage to get some key guys on the O-Line, and the defense will step up under Mangini.

Just my 2 thoughts

We had this guy, who even though he had a pussy arm and a terrible coach, for some reason he had a knack for winning games when they were on the line. Anybody who can try to say that they waerent completely excited when Penny was at the controls is lying.

Give me a friggn' break.

How many 4th quarter comeback wins and victories over top defensive teams does PennyBoySissy have?

The only "knack" PennyBoy has is standing on the sideline in street clothes waving a towel.

Listen, I was one Jets fan that was never a Pennington fan. I never saw what a lot of you guys saw in this guy. Yes, he was a breath of fresh air and he had that good 2002 season, but really that's about it as showing he could be classified as an elite QB.

He's going on 30 years old...a broken wrist, two rotator cuff surgeries and the most glaring stat of all, he's never played one complete season. That last stat I find amazing when discussing Pennington...you just don't build a competitive team around a player like this...time to move in another direction with the QB position. If some of you still think he is the future of this team, ask youself this question. What kind of draft pick would another team be willing to give up for Pennington as of this date?

The Ceramic Princess had a good run the year he dug us out from a typical Herman Edwards 1-5 start. I think we were all happy about that year. Plus we blew out Indy 41-0 in the playoffs. He has never been the same since his freak fall on his hand and if you compound this with 2 shoulder injuries it is amazing that the team doesn't cash in on his medical insurance and lose this guy. Prior to getting injured this season, He could not even handle a snap! I feel Paul Hackett had a lot to do with his success. Jets fans will deny Paul Hackett and rightfully so, he did call a conservative game plan. Maybe he knew something we didn't?

I think Bengals fans have an argument against you. First playoff appearance in 15 years, and they lose their franchise QB on the second play of the first series.

JM- please do not compare Carson palmer with Penne!!

It is like comparing a nice lasagne from Tony Lucs to Canned Beefaroni!

Guys I am very drunk right now so rorgive me for any stuff but listen.

I was reading through this site while eating, and I was just thinking...

The Iraqi Soccer Team

I was on the bandwagon. 2002 looked beautiful going forward and from the games I saw Penny was hitting his targets and had 22 passing TD's. Plus the guy is somebody you want your sister or daughter to marry - guts, integrity, brains, and humility. Whats not to like? Never even thought about the long ball or lack of it. Since then, when he's not injured, he doesn't hit his receivers consistantly enough. It's that simple. Yep, theres drops, and his brains keep the interceptions low, but short or long he doesn't make the throws. I kept waiting for him to crosshair and click, but there's only been glimpses of it since 2002. Now factor in that his shoulder is going to the Smithsonian when he dies - I'm sorry, we have to do better or we ain't going nowhere.

Yes,

HOUSTON (AP) -- The Houston Texans added four coaches to new coach Gary Kubiak's staff on Thursday.

Richard Smith was named defensive coordinator, Brian Pariani was hired as tight ends coach, Mike McDaniel offensive quality control coach and Robert Saleh defensive quality control coach.

Smith was Miami's defensive coordinator last season under Nick Saban. The Dolphins ranked 18th in the NFL in total defense last season and finished the season with 49 sacks, second in the league.

Pariani returns to the NFL following a year as offensive coordinator at Syracuse. Prior to his college stint, Pariani spent 15 seasons coaching in the NFL. From 1995-04, Pariani coached alongside Kubiak as the tight ends coach in Denver. Pariani was an offensive assistant with the San Francisco 49ers from 1991-94.

McDaniel was an offensive coaching intern for Denver last season. Saleh was an intern with the Texans last season, working closely with the defense.

I was on the bandwagon. 2002 looked beautiful going forward and from the games I saw Penny was hitting his targets and had 22 passing TD's. Plus the guy is somebody you want your sister or daughter to marry - guts, integrity, brains, and humility. Whats not to like? Never even thought about the long ball or lack of it. Since then, when he's not injured, he doesn't hit his receivers consistantly enough. It's that simple. Yep, theres drops, and his brains keep the interceptions low, but short or long he doesn't make the throws. I kept waiting for him to crosshair and click, but there's only been glimpses of it since 2002. Now factor in that his shoulder is going to the Smithsonian when he dies - I'm sorry, we have to do better or we ain't going nowhere.

Keep in mind though, He had only been playing in the NFL for 2 years in 2002. There is no telling how he would have developed if he was healthy and had a better coach.

To say that Jets fans got a raw deal is an understatement.

Keep in mind though, He had only been playing in the NFL for 2 years in 2002. There is no telling how he would have developed if he was healthy and had a better coach.

To say that Jets fans got a raw deal is an understatement.

A little revisionist history don't you think?

Chad struggled to unseat VT when VT's career began it's slide. He did not fail at unseating the 1998 VT who was unreal, but the 25 INT VT.

It was not until year three, when he again failed to unseat VT, with the team 0-4(?) that he finally got his chance.

Chad had an offense that was catered to his strengths, short passes. Once the rest of the NFL realized this, it game planned to take this away from Chad. There is a reason Chad has had a poor record against winning teams. For the most part good teams have good defenses and can neutralize Chad.

Look, the Jets have to build a quality O-line. They need 5 young guys who will will all be under contract for a minimum of 3 quality years, together.

They can't keep going into season after season with a new FA or rookie on the O-line. This was the biggest problem during the Herm error, and Bradway was entirely responsible for it.

The O-line is a priority, not Vince Young, or Jay Cutler, or Deangelo Williams.

Give me a friggn' break.

How many 4th quarter comeback wins and victories over top defensive teams does PennyBoySissy have?

The only "knack" PennyBoy has is standing on the sideline in street clothes waving a towel.

I'll never forget Jacksonville comeback win 13-10 at home.

They can't keep going into season after season with a new FA or rookie on the O-line. This was the biggest problem during the Herm error, and Bradway was entirely responsible for it

his worst move was extending fabini - that guy was never anything better than servicable, and at the end of it all he was the guy who gave up the crucial sacks that really injured Chad. Talk about a guy who wasn't in shape, Jason Fabini was in atrocious shape this year and last.

Archived